Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~~ Do You Own A Barometer? ~~

hmmmmm. i thought this was a topic about weather? :innocent:

Yes, ILS, yes it is about weather. And how the Barometric Pressure predicts it. Say whatever you want, it's alright, go ahead. :innocent:

A mountain of clouds sits on the horizon and the sun rises over the lake. What a beautiful morning it is. Barometric Pressure is at 30.00 :unsure: Lookin Good!! :toot: How are things in St. Louis and Amsterdam??? Airies? ILikeSeven? We are waiting :notworthy:

Well it was a beautiful sunrise on the way to work this morning. Temp is 68 deg with 90% humidity pressure at 30.21 and rising. Going to be warm and sticky today...Yuck!......Oh and Maddam Jeanway I live in Kansas City (actually small town just west of KC called Bonner Springs but work in KC.) You were close but I live on the Kansas side...my wife is from St. Louis and have family there. Have a blessed day!

OOPS! :o :o :laugh: Well, I'm glad you pointed that out right here where everyone could see it Airies :laugh: Everyone see that???? :sus: There is such a thing as a P.M. you know. :notworthy: :blink: Just kidding Airies. :P Airies is from Kansas City, not St. Louis. :unsure: :msn-tongue:

Edited by Jeanway

No Problem Airies :notworthy: Now where is our Jaunty Fellow from Holland?? HEY, ILikeSeven , WAKE UP!!!!!! :laugh: Your on..............................{ Hey somebody give him a kick back there.} :sus::laugh: :blink: And now while we wait for ILikeSeven to regain conciousness, a word from our sponsor. :unsure:

A mountain of clouds sits on the horizon and the sun rises over the lake. What a beautiful morning it is. Barometric Pressure is at 30.00 :laugh: Lookin Good!! :toot: How are things in St. Louis and Amsterdam??? Airies? ILikeSeven? We are waiting :unsure:

258109[/snapback]

Hmmmm. i do not live in Amsterdam :notworthy: , i live in Ruinen that is in the north of holland

So Ilikeseven what is the weather in Ruinen? but first a word from our sponser...

Ever have those pesky Klingons? Try new Starfleet toilet paper guarenteed to wipe out even the toughest Klingons! We don't consider wiping out Klingons a breach of the Prime Directive because the Klingons invaded our rear space first! So the next time you have Klingons don't forget Starfleet toilet paper, the best way in the galaxy to get rid of unwanted Klingons. (This message brought to you by Starfleet sanitary products a subsiduary of UFOP united federation of paper products) Hehe....

Tune in next week for Starfleet depends, for all those long spacewalks when you just gotta go right now!

AHEM! Airies. You OK buddy? :notworthy: Sorry folks. He seems to be confusing the word "Klagen" with the word "Klingon" BAD AIRIES!!!! :blink: A 'Klagen' is something left BEHIND after you, well, um, you know :sus: :unsure: Next time, Look it up. :laugh: Your really crapping up this thread aren't you??? :laugh:

Thanks Man, and now back to Amsterdam. Take it away ILS :unsure: ILikeSeven, you there?? HELLOOOO???? :laugh: Well, I guess he must be out chasing windmills or something. :notworthy:

Ok, it's September 1st and what another beautiful sunrise.

It is 70degrees humidity is at 76% and barometer at 30.20 inches and rising. Going to be a little warm again today, but supposed to cool back down this weekend. Yay 3 day weekend. Boo I won't be able to post. Waaaaaaaa

Ok Jeanway your turn! :picard-sith:

Morning Airies. Yes, here I am again :inlove: Well, the Barometric Pressure is at 30.00 :nono: But it's cloudy and cold, AGAIN here :hug: Supposed to get up into the 80's today, Yea right :picard-sith: Where is ILikeSeven? He been in this morning? I think he's slacking off. Maybe he had a bit too much Kool-Aid last night and he's sleeping it off. :hug:

LOL Jeanway..too much Kool-aid...in high school we used to mix grain alchol and Kool-Aid I can't remember what we called it though.

Pretty darn close. LOL Ah the good ol' days. I don't hardly drink anymore except a couple of beers now and again. Stomach can't handle it. I must be getting old!

OKEY, RECORDED FROM RUINEN (not amsterdam!!!), PRESSURE GETTING UP, TEMPERATURES GOING DOWN AND ils IS DRINKING HIS 5TH BEER(HIPS)

OKEY JEANY, TAKE IT AWAY(HIPS, BURP...BURP...ooooohhhhmmmmmvomit :picard-sith:

"And Thank You ILikeSeven for your Amsterdam Report :nono::picard-sith: ::Yells to the guys in the backroom:: "We'd better get that Kool-Aid over there to him and Pronto, he needs a new vice." :hug::inlove::hug: :koolaid:

Keeping a close eye on approaching Cat. 4 hurricane Frances. It is supposed to make an impact somewhere along the eastern coast of FL (I say somewhere because the forcasted path keeps fluctuating every update).

68 degrees right now with relative humidity at 90% pressure at 30.11 and rising going to be another warm and sticky one. YUCK I can't wait till fall. Ok your up Jeanway.......

Thanks Airies. Yep it's going to be a beautiful day here in the Mid-West. The Barometric Pressure is still at 30.00 which means good weather. Listen to this Airies. Someone said their Barometer was reading 32.00. But mine only goes up to 31.9. Now, here's the question. Do you think they just rounded up, not knowing this or do they have some sort of NEW, Space Barometer that I don't know about?? :bow: How high does your go?? B) :lol: In order for mine to be on 32, it would have to be on 28 :bow:

~ The Mercurial Barometer: Measuring Pressure ~

Based on a principle developed by Evangelista Torricelli in 1643, the Mercurial Barometer is an instrument used for measuring the change in atmospheric pressure. It uses a long glass tube, open at one end and closed at the other. Air pressure is measured by observing the height of the column of mercury in the tube. At sea level, air pressure will push on the mercury at the open end and support a column of mercury about 30 inches high. If you used water instead of mercury, you would need a glass tube over 30 feet in length.

As atmospheric pressure increases, the mercury is forced from the reservoir by the increasing air pressure and the column of mercury rises; when the atmospheric pressure decreases, the mercury flows back into the reservoir and the column of mercury is lowered.

Edited by Jeanway

The total range in your barometer readings throughout the year will be from around 29.0 inches to about 30.5 inches. Any words on the face of the instrument such as stormy, rain, or dry should be ignored. Typically, three things affect the pressure indicated on your instrument; one; heating or cooling of the barometer, two, daily heating of the atmosphere by the sun; and three, air pressure changes indicating weather changes.

No Airies, you just didn't hear me, it's up there. This is a "Barometer Report". Not a weather report. You decided to do a weather report, but that's o.k. :bow: Now take it away ILikeSeven from AMSTERDAM!!! :lol: B) :bow: { Hey, someone want to give him a good shake overthere, he's out cold} :sleep3: :toot: Yea, a nice BLAST from an air horn will get him up. :lol:

Fenriz here, reporting from the Bowels of H*ll, or Louisville as some people prefer to call it. B)

A really unremarkable day weather-wise. Kind of cool. 71 as of 11:12 am. Really nice shade of grey right now. Maybe it will rain. Maybe it won't. Who knows.

I wonder if you can gamble on the weather. :bow: I'm giving 2 to 3 odds it's going to rain. Who wants a piece of this action. :lol: Take a chance, roll the bones, come on low pressure system. Daddy needs a new pair of shoes. :lol:

Back to you Jeanway :bow:

Yea but who the heck knows where Ruinen is??? Amsterdam is instantly recognized as Holland, see what I mean? Who cares if it's a few kilometers off. :lol: :bow: