Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~~ Do You Own A Barometer? ~~

nice and cloudless... YAY barometric pressure is holding...

The weather stick I have is the measurement at the airport. The airport is 30 miles from here.

It's a beautiful morning, BUT the barometer reads 29.5 and dropping, which means rain later today. :clap:

Well, as the last days of August are upon us, the summer winding down :bow: , all our kids are going back to school here on the site :) I miss them already :clap: Don't you miss them?? :bow: All that's left here are us grown-ups. :) :) OH well, they'll be here at night and on the week-ends.

O.K., the Barometric pressure here today is 29.6, up a bit from yesterday. I am going to brave the Lake today :) Maaaaybe catch me a salmon :) Since I let my fishing licence laps, I'll have to go in there and wrestle one into submission by hand. :hug: Hey, I've done it before. :o

Edited by Jeanway

Kansas City...This has been a very unusual summer here. It has been very cool. This time last year it was 104 with high humidity. Heat index like 120 or something crazy. I'm not complaing though, light bill has been very tolerable this year.

Today is August 21. Only another month and it will be Autumn. :bow: The Barometric Pressure is still holding at 29.6, this is good. Low pain idex when it holds. When it is on the move, either up or down, it doesn't matter, that's when we all get those unexplained little aches and pains that just make us miserable. :dude:

29.6 the Barometric Pressure is holding steady. The sky is lightly overcast but seems to be burning off. All the kids are back in school so they are probably sleeping in on this Sunday morning after their first week of school. We miss all of you during the week. :)

I Cannot belive how cold it is here today. It's about 50 and it's August 23rd. :) Barometric Pressure is at 29.6 and still holding steady. Overcast with a light breeze coming across the lake from the East. OH Well. :) Sure hope we get a nice Indian Summer.

74 deg. F. Pressure at 29.18 and falling, cloudy with occasional showers. This has been a very unusual summer for the KC area as well. I don't think we have had 5 days above 90. I'm not complaing though, for the 1st time in years I have had tolerable light bills.

And here it is again. :lol: another absolutely crappy day here in the Mid-West. :) The trend continues. Barometric pressure still holding at 29.6, low pain index with THAT, anyway. :) Total, light gray overcast. :) OH MY, where is the sun?? I KNOW we've got one up there somewhere. :) Maybe a nice picture of it would help, hmm, lets's see. Be right back. :)

Click For Spoiler
sednaIll_schaller_c1.jpg

Sedna at Noon

Illustration Credit: Adolf Schaller, ESA, NASA

Explanation: Standing on Sedna - the solar system's most distant known planetoid - your view of the Sun at high noon might look something like this. An artist's dramatic vision, the picture shows the Sun suspended above the nearby horizon as a bright star immersed in the dusty ecliptic plane. Within the dust-scattered sunlight are more familiar members of the solar system, including planet Earth. But at a distance of about 13 billion kilometers (8 billion miles) Earth would only be visible in binoculars or a small telescope. In Sedna's dark, daytime skies, the noonday Sun is also joined by the faint stars and obscuring dust clouds of the Milky Way, suspended on the left above stark, ruddy terrain. For Sedna-based sky gazers, all planets have interior orbits and would remain close to the Sun in Sedna's skies. Of course, for earthbound astronomers, interior planets Venus and Mercury also remain near the Sun, with Venus scheduled for a rare crossing of the solar disc on June 8.

OH Well, I tried :) And I thought we had it bad. I'll try again. With someone's help maybe we can get this picture up here. :) :) I'll go talk to a Mod.

68degress pressure at 29.88 and rising...been raining here since yesterday if the sun comes out its gonna get hot and sticky!

Well, thank you Airies, looks like I got me a Co-Anchor here on my report. :clap: Welcome :bow: and now back to Jeanway..................

Here in the Mid-West today the Barometric Pressure hasn't budged an inch :clap::laugh: Still holding at 29.6. Straight UP people, that is not good. It means CHANGE, could go either way but the way this summer has been going, it probably means MORE rain. :( OH Well, it's good for the gardens and the lawns. How about that "Sun on Sedna" picture, huh Airies??? Where the H*ll is Sedna???? :bow:

Edited by Jeanway

Barometric Pressure still holding steady here at 29.6. Beautiful clear sky this morning. :bow: Temperature right now is about 80. The June Bugs are buzzing away out there, it's going to be warm today. :unsure:

82 degrees now, sunny, pressure holding steady at 29.89. Under severe T-storm watch. Going to be warm today but supposed to storm this afternoon and tonight some could be severe. Woo hoo I love storms.

You're most certainly welcom ma'am. :unsure: (my work computer will not let me use smilee's so this will have to do.) :bow:

Well, it's yet ANOTHER cold, crappy day here in beautiful downtown Racine B) The Barometric Pressure hasn't budged and inch :b-day: {of mercury}. Still holding at 29.6. The temperature here is a mean 58 degrees and it's heavy overcast. B) Smells like rain.

25 days to go before the first day of Autumn. Anyone want to wager how many days we will reach 100 degrees in the next 25 days??? I'm going out on a limb here now, I'm going to say in the next 25 days we will have a stretch of 3 days when we hit 100.

OK???

Jeanway- 3

Anyone else care to guess??

I will make sure I report EVERYDAY NOW TIL SEPTEMBER 22ND, TODAY IS AUGUST 28TH.

Today is the 29th. Barometric Pressure is rising at 29.9. :innocent: Clear and sunny out there. But still cool, feels more like Autumn. :laugh:

This morning it was 48 degrees when I woke up :) :innocent: :) But it's warming up now. The sky is clear. The Barometric Pressure is at 29.9 and holding steady :) ;) And now, heeerreee's Aireis :laugh: Take it away Aires............

Thank you Jeanway. 71 degrees South wind at 10MPH 75% humidity dew point 63degF. pressure at 30.14 & rising. Man did we get a rain storm on Friday night. Floods all over KC area. Crazy!!! Can you imagine 71 degrees on Aug. 30th ? Global warming? Or should I say Global cooling? I'm not complaining though light bill has been tolerable this year! Woo Hoo tolerabel light bill mmmmmmm!

Hey, Airies, why don't you mention your electric bill again, I think '2' people don't know about it yet in here ;):laugh: Just kidding with ya buddy. :msn-wink:

Well, I was wrong, it clouded up and got colder :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

PHEW!!!! I smell squirell :disgust: or maybe :fox: :innocent: It's not good, believe me.

Edited by Jeanway

Okey lets trie this one

I don,t have a barometer, but a digital weather-station and it says

* Tendency: hmmm down

* air moistier 70%

* temp. inside 22.9 degrees celcius

* temp. outside 13.3 degrees celcius

Forecast in Holland right now BAD WEATHER :innocent::laugh:;)

Well, Thank You ILikeSeven for giving us that forcast which we in America didn't understand at all. :innocent: Nice job! :) How about you do some conversion for all of us next time, huh??? :( And that was our foreign correspondent from Amstedam Mr. ILikeSeven :) :) :)

And now back to our sponsor....................... { anyone care to sponsor us??} Go ahead B) :laugh:;)