Sign in to follow this  
voyagerboy

Do you think Voyager will have a movie.

Why another "galaxy's at stake" scenarrio? 

one of those might be nice, a good excuse for Q to zap in members from EVERY series, lol. like Kirk from TOS, Archer, T'Pol and Trip from Enterprise, everyone from TNG, DS9 and Voyager, lol.

also a good excuse to bring Data back, i can see it now, *as Q* something is missing *snaps fingers* Welcome back Mr. Data!"

ok, ok. so Im dreaming, lol.

I told myself I would lurk to get used to this board system, but oh well . . . :bow:

I would love to see a mixed cast - probably more so than one with the cast from a single series. I think it would be cool to see them interact, and could provide all kinds of interesting dialogue. And I dearly, dearly want to see what happened to Tom Paris! :D After all, the other people who weren't originally StarFleet were more suspected of treason/whatever, right? But Paris was a convicted criminal.

Anyway . . . so I'd like to see a mixed cast. :)

I'm not too sure. I think that there should be a few more TNG films because of the quality of the cast and the fact that it was arguably the most successful Trek series when it was on air.

After TNG finishes I would think that DS9 would get a film, so what I would do a the producer would be to make some Voyager TV movies, creating a series of feature length films for TV to play alongside the films at the cinema.

The reason I say this is because I feel there would be a bigger call for a DS9 film after TNG has finished, and by the time DS9 gets a few films then Enterprise will have finished and will be pushing for the next set of films.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is one more TNG movie and then either a completely new cast or an Enterprise movie.

Sorry folks, but NEMESIS bombed in theaters and the cast is getting old, not to mention that Data died, Riker & Troi got married as well as transferring to Riker's 1st command. TNG is over.

From what I've read, Rick Berman is leaning towards the idea of a mixed cast feature, using selected characters from at least 2 of the Trek shows.

All true but the writer of NEM says he has a sequel in mind so until PAR SEZ'S it's over, the fat lady might still do an encore! :wow:

I don't think TNG is quite done yet, but there's no hope in another TNG movie because, I agree, the cast is getting old and there's not much left to do with them now. I'd rather see a Voyager movie than DS9, but I think everyone here agrees that a mixed cast movie is the best option. We need to see:

-What happens to the Maquis on Voyager

-What happens to Tom Paris

-How Riker and Troi settle on the Titan

-How Janeway gets to be an Admiral

-If Ezri and Bashir become a couple, or get married

-If Reg Barclay ever stops stammering

and most of all, we need to see:

-The borg enialated for good.

Therefore we need a mixed cast movie. Because the writers haven't completely satisfied us trekkers and need to finish off the series' plots.

YES I think that there will be a startrek movie based on voyager i believe that the basis will be that the partner of the care taker will come and bring the whole crew back o that station (newwly ressurected) and THEN THE BORG COME AND take over the station.... assimilate the caretaker2 then they attempt to assimilate the crew who must band together to get back home on a severely damaged ship.... this movie would end up in the new voyager series! :blink: B)

[glow=blue]Sorry folks, but NEMESIS bombed in theaters and the cast is getting old, not to mention that Data died, Riker & Troi got married as well as transferring to Riker's 1st command.

Have you never seen The Search for Spock or The Undiscovered Country? These films managed to slove the problems that you mention are holding back the next generation.

Personally, I believe that now is most definately the time for another TNG film as the film could be split between the Enterprise E and the Titan to try to solve some sort of mystery (perhaps the aliens in Conspiracy could come back and take over one of the ships). We also know that TNG was the most popular series out of TNG, DS9 and Voyager, hence it makes business sense to make another TNG film (no matter how Nemesis did at the cinema) than to take a risk on the other shows that would, in my opinion, not pull in as many people as Patrick and co.

I believe that DS9 and Voyager would be perfect for television movies that would capitalise on another market while it could also have the possible effect of starting a sequal series such as Voyager: The New Adventures or After they returned.

I doubt that Voyager has the mass appeal to Star Trek fans that TOS or TNG have.I don't realistically see a Voyager movie in our futures.Perhaps,the best Voyager fans can expect is a mixed cast film with TNG?

Hi there :blink:

I would love to see a Voyager movie but I don't think there will be a movie just about Voyager. For one thing, Janeway is now an Admiral and Admirals don't normally go on deep space missions. They usually stay at Starfleet Headquarters and maybe teach a few classes at Starfleet Academy. Another thing is that if there was going to be a Voyager movie, Janeway would have to step down from her Admiral position and become a Captain again. Then Voyager would need to be lost in the Delta Quadrant again - it wouldn't be Voyager without the ship being lost in deep space.

I think a movie with a mixed cast (like the characters from Voyager and Deep Space Nine) would be more realistic. I agree with my housemate, who is a trekkie, that enough movies have been made about The Next Generation.

Linda

While I would love to see the 11th movie feature the TNG cast, NEMESIS brought TNG full circle, it seems.

I'd love to see a VOY movie, then again, I'd love to see a DS9 movie.

If ENT becomes a great success, we might luck out and see the ENT cast in the movies. If this were to happen, it would give us only 1 or 2 more movies before an ENT movie. With this said, I think a "mixed cast" or VOY movie would be the best way to go. The TNG, DS9, and VOY crews split up, so it's likely that people would get reassigned as seen in the DS9 finale and NEMESIS.

In conclussion, I say either a mixed-cast or VOY movie is up next.

HEY, did any one even read my post or did i get qouted out..... well at any rate i believe that a voyager movie would be based on the care takers 2nd coming home to find his partner dead and the station destroyed so he rebuilds the station and recalls the last people that where there to "punish" them for killing the care taker so now the janeway crew is in the delta quadrant along with a newly re-outfitted version of voyager that has its own crew... so janeway assumes command and the former captain becomes bridge crew as chakotay still has more exp then her in a combat situation from there the borg attempt to assimilate the species that is the caretaker they end up getting there wish and the voyager crew barely get away un-assimilated thus the start of a new season and the end of a great movie.....

Well, VOY's over. I don't see another season happening, nor another series in the same time setting unless it was radically different. Remember guys, the thing that hurt Trek was "too much of the same" stuff on TV.

Anyways, Voyager allready encounterred the Caretaker's mate, named Susperia. She had a smaller Array and a group of Ocampans that learned to develope their mental abilities and would live to be in their teens, possibly 20's, instead of only living 9 years. This was a season 2 episode, I believe.

If you'd like I could drop a spoiler, letting you know how it all turned out. :laugh:

She got lost. Picard has a great record as Captain and he is not an Admiral yet. What gives?

I think Star Fleet might have offered him a promotion, but turned it down. That's what Kirk told him to do anyway. So that makes sense.

Well, just becuase Picard has been a captain longer, doesn't mean he should be promoted first.

TNG Season 1 - Can't remember the episode, but Admirak Quinn offers Picard a promotion to Admiral and to be in charge of Starfleet Acadamy. Picard just isn't interrested in a desk job, and after Kirk's advice, well... Riker will have to pry the Captain's Chair out of Picard's cold, dead, hand! :bow:

As for Janeway being promoted to Admiral - she found out the fate of the Equinox and saved 4 of their crew, her Doctor took control of the Prometheus and returned it to Starfleet, she started a Borg rebellion with her future self nearly destroying the collective itself, she liberrated a Borg Drone who used to be human and helped her regain her humanity, she managed to merge the Maquis and Starfleet crews into one crew with the help of Chakotay, and got Voyager home in a mere 7 years, thanks to technology given to her by her future self.

I think that calls for promotion... :bow:

If they decided to do a mixed cast movie. They would probably have one very huge problem, possibly depending on the fate of the earth. And all of the crews would have to work together to stop it. Mabye the borg or something, but personaly I'm a little bored of the borg, from seeing so much of them in Voyager. Could be a completly new species. Any thoughts? To answer the question above: I would like to see what happens to Miral Paris. Aswell as what Star Fleet does with the Maquis.

Hi there :klingon:

Have you read 'Homecoming' and 'The Farther Shore?. Homecoming is about Voyager's return to Earth and it picks up from where Endgame finished. The Farther Shore is book two and continues directly on from Homecoming. The Borg are dealt with in both of these novels and I think after reading them, they couldn't possibly do anything else about The Borg. However, that is just in the novels, it doesn't mean a movie can't be made about Voyager and The Borg, or The Borg taking over the Earth. I agree though, that they need a new alien to tackle or something completely different, that could maybe lead onto more than one Voyager (or mixed cast) movie.

I would love to see the entire cast of Voyager in a movie, along with Icheb and a few characters from DS9 - maybe Julian, Warf, Kira, Quark, Odo and of course, Sisko. I also agree, it would be great to see how Miral deals with being part Klingon and how Starfleet deals with the Marquis. Obviously, all of these issues couldn't possibly fit into one movie but we can always dream.....................

Linda

I wouldn't be surprised if there is one more TNG movie and then either a completely new cast or an Enterprise movie.

I honestly think there will be no more TNG movies, they have done everything possible about TNG and Data died (or rather, he was destroyed) in Nemesis so it wouldn't be the same without him. Of course Q could come along and snap his fingers to bring Data back (actually, I could imagine him doing that too!) but I don't think thats going to happen.

I think there should be a Voyager or DS9 movie, or a mixed cast with both Voyager and DS9 characters before there is an Enterprise movie. Enterprise has only been going for a couple of seasons.

Linda

Sorry folks, but NEMESIS bombed in theaters and the cast is getting old, not to mention that Data died, Riker & Troi got married as well as transferring to Riker's 1st command.  TNG is over.

From what I've read, Rick Berman is leaning towards the idea of a mixed cast feature, using selected characters from at least 2 of the Trek shows.

I agree, the cast of TNG are not getting any younger. Patrick Stewart must be close to 70 by now, jeez, he looked old in early seasons of TNG!! All good things must come to an end, just like Voyager and DS9 will eventually come to an end, after a few movies are made about them (well hopefully a few movies will be made about them!).

I honestly thought Nemesis was a great film, even though it bombed at the cinema. I liked the way the movie was made and how Deanna and Riker finally tied the knot. Being the Voyager fan that I am, I especailly liked the scene between Picard and Janeway, when she was giving him his orders.

I guess we won't know about any new Trek movies (mixed cast from different series or otherwise) until its just about time to release the film at the cinema. Of course there are rumours flying around about a new movie being made but until it actually comes to cinemas, we won't have any clues.

Linda

I'd like to see the Voyager crew back in action but I doubt they'll get their own movie however i would be a bit surprised if some of the characters appear in a new TNG movie.

A story for the Voyager move:

The Voyager crew didn't actually go home, just thought they did. They were actually in the Nexus and they didn't know it! Then the rest of the movie deals with them following the Nexus to a way back home. On the way they deal with exciting things!

Too bad i can;t read that any more

I think that Voyager should have its day in the sun..Yes the TNG movies are over,.But if they skip DS9 i will be pissed

I wonder why nobody ever thought of starting a new ST movie based on a new ship and crew... plus the mixed crew from TNG, Voy and DS9. Obviouly they can't put any ENT ones there.

The movie got to be something really dramatic and yet action-packed. Its got to also be very thought provoking that mebbe addresses some current issues (I don't know, mebbe terrorism or fanaticism or something). And its got to have some good monsters (something I read from the monster thread).

From here, they could decide to make a series later if the movie turns out well.

I mean, why do the movies have to be after the series. Can't we start a movie first then think of the series. That would be a change.

i think voyager or ds9 movie is better idea then what rick breman has posted as new movie..i think is alot of story can use for voyager movie for exmaple like talaxian chase to ahpla qaudrent by kazon now they bregin back neeilx that way. and if do one voyger movie i hope they don't put anynew crew members just promotion that would suck if chaoktay was not capatin of voyager.