I saw this movie preview, and when I saw Robbin Willians in it, I just had to see it! Alas, I never did...

Is it a clean comedy, free if perverted humor? What's it rated? Is there any over-the-top violence? Is this a family movie?

I'd appeciate any info! THANKS!

OK, it is a strange movie...if you are used to Robin Williams' stand up comedy routines then it is not so unusual....

Here is something I found...

Everybody loves Smoochy (Edward Norton), the host of America's favorite children's television show… Everybody, that is, but Rainbow Randolph (Robin Williams), the disgraced kids-show host who plots to bump off his horned competition after Smoochy takes over his show. Finally, a movie designed to let us take out all that pent-up "Barney-must-die" aggression.

Death to Smoochy (Action, Comedy) is rated R for language and sexual references. Rating Guide

It is not really a family movie...but I thought it was hilarious in a strange way(maybe it is because I am not a fan of Barney???)

its pretty profane. lots of swearing. i think a few sexual jokes. if you like Robin Williams then i recommend watching his old tv show MORK AND MINDY! funny show.

Agreed, if you do not like profanity, or the like then Smoochy is not something you want to catch.

and yes Mork and Mindy is hilarious!!!

And then if you want to see him being serious in a non profane way(like One hour photo) then definately catch What Dreams May Come and Dead Poets Society..

oooh. i got to watch dead poets society in religion for school. (i go to a catholic school). GREAT MOVIE! sad at the end though

Yeah it is sad, but that is such a GOOD movie...makes me mad to have people act so suprised that Robin Williams can do very serious movies. He is awesome.

Looking for new decent Robin Williams films, try Insomnia or better still; One Hour Photo. ;)

One Hour Photo....now that is one creepy movie, that has you thinking from the moment it starts.."OMG, is this like the person I hand my rolls of film too?"

oooooh. id better see it then. i dont like scary movies but i do like the creepy ones. heh heh heh. i heard 1 hour photo was good from other people too so im going to add it to my list of must-sees.

Yeah, it is not scary as many people think a gory movie is...however it is scary in a creepy...you realize that somewhere this has really happened sort of movie