Sign in to follow this  
Syperphobia

The Heart of America

The heart of America has developed and evolved through the ages of time. Within the early ages of colonization we prevailed through diseases and skillful enemies. The heart of America carried through. The epic battles of the Wild West made the heart of America have honor and bravery. The next steps of America Evolution were most difficult. With slavery we had the civil war, a bloody battle of liberation. Knowing and learning from our lethal mistakes the heart of America gained honor and justice. With these qualities of skill, honor, bravery, skill, and justice America became united. These qualities were vital of the ever most historical battles. Through the age of technology the heart of America gained wisdom and the true understanding of democracy. The menace who was Hitler plagued the Jewish lands and committed successful genocide. Through WWI we faced the greatest economical deficit and prevailed many fears. Women even united and joined the war effort to help those fighting in the war. WWII proved to be our greatest threat as Japan showed that we can be defenseless. America’s heart seemed weak, but in reality grew stronger. The dawn of the 20th century was our focus of information. We thirsted and still thirst to know ‘What’s Out There?’ and creativity trekked our minds. Our education was pushed to the limits as we developed advanced technology, and excellence was shown through the space race. With this new innovation, America’s heart gained vision. Now is our Age of Information and throughout the years the qualities of America’s heart developed deeper and stronger. What we need to do is remember as a nation; our roots, our past, and our ancestors to solve the problems of our future. We need to heal America’s wounds. The more we get divided the more we become unstable. If we forget about the honor and the development of history we will surly become an America that can be defeated. Let us not be that divided America, let us stand strong and say that motto that makes our heart be strong, as well as this nation, “I’m proud to be an American.”

Very touching, however I'd like to comment. :laugh:

Sure, all you said may be true, but the problems of America are severe. Personally, I believe that we will no longer be a world super power, and just another country, come the next century. I don't like it, but I feel that's what will happen. With all the world conflict, economy problems, terrorism, and so forth, I beliefe the space program will eventually come down in shambles as the world will no longer be interrested, due to fighting amonst them selves.

I also believe that with the way our youth is being treated, educated, and so forth... there may not even be an America in 300 years. Further more, this planet has more problems than we can deal with.

Now, I'm not saying I think this will happen, I just think that if things continue as they are, chaos will come sooner or later.

Now, I know you may think I'm a pessamist and such, but I'm not. I'm a Christian and a patriot, and I'd be extremely proud of our nation if it proved me wrong on expectations of the future.

NOTE: The civil war wasn't fought over slavery. Yes, slavery was a big part, but it had more to do with the north trying to control the south.

If I get your point, we must not let the continued threat of terrorism on our Soil paralyze us to the challenges of the future. Easily said and even easily faked but the unspoken reality is the threat has not ended, perhaps it is even closer than any of us imagine. Everyday, I see Arab Americans sitting in parked cars as if sizing up my neighborhood as a target. I approach my city mailbox to mail our monthly bills and I wonder if it is gonna blowup in my face. I see aircraft flying oddly out of regular routine flight paths and I expect at any moment I will witness it cease to exists in one way or another. Once upon a time not so long ago, I danced along with the Iraqi people I was watching dance on fallen statues of saddam, now I fear that was all an illusion, a dream and in the real world, I wonder if we have given liberation to the next new potential enemy. Am I going to end this with a turnaround sentence designed to cause readers hearts to sing with joy and hope for the future, sorry, no can do, the fear is not gone... yet.

That sounds a little parranoid about Iraq, but I fully understand. However, there is no reason to live in fear. If a package blows up in your face or if a plane crashes, there's not much you can do about it, so why fear it? If it happens, it happens. I recommend extreme caution in today's world, but not fear.

The trek relation I had for that original post is that if we ever do have a Federation that might be what is in American's hearts, but we need to have paterioism in our hearts for the Federation / Starfleet to happen. If we are an American divided then how can the space race continue further?

You've all made some interesting comments. Lincoln (quoting the Bible) said a house divided can not stand. I think we are as a nation in danger of being torn apart by separatist (as in divisive) issues. I think our government operates so poorly for that very reason - nobody is working for the good of the whole.

I fear being killed every day too - not by a terrorist but by a driver. Thousands of people are killed on our highways every year - due in large part to road rage, or stupid behavior. When's the last time you heard public outrage over this? The point is that we may go to war to keep terrorists from killing us but just shrug it off when we kill ourselves at a higher rate.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard Posted on May 2 2003, 11:26 PM

I also believe that with the way our youth is being treated, educated, and so forth... there may not even be an America in 300 years. Further more, this planet has more problems than we can deal with.

I couldn't agree more. I have been working to get my teaching cerficate but I have misgivings about going into the field because of the climate in public schools today. I get so mad because every time we turn around there is a new program for this or that but the programs are designed to bolster the politically correct image of the politician not actually solve a problem.

Here is an example of absolute stupidity. The Florida voters (yes I know they have a bad rap to begin with) voted for a class size amendment to the state constitution which means all schools have to reduce class size. In order to do this schools will have to eliminate support personnel (paraprofessionals in classroom among others) this may actually cause a reduction in education quality in some schools. There is absolutely no evidence that class size reduction will improve education. As evidence of how poor the education of Floridians is - the voters went and approved the amendment.

Somebody proposed the amendment for goodness knows what personal agenda. And voters (not just in Florida) want quick, easy fixes to their problems so they buy whatever bill of goods a politician offers them.

The point is there are real problems with the care and education of children. I could go and go on this topic; the point is the problems will not go away until the roots of these issues are addressed. Unfortunately, there aren't quick, easy fixes. No one wants to take responsibility for saying the hard things that need to be said - somebody might be offended and politicians would rather get re-elected.

Ahane, if Americans could unite to combat our social ills we would be a power no one could touch because there are good people here. I guess I'm afraid we are too fragmented for that sort of unity and I am afraid we may be lost.

I think slowly the heart of america is being fragmented, and we will see more protest on the streets forbidding war. The trouble of this is that the govertment is being wise not releasing out information, but to control the agressions of Americans is difficult. Before, I believe America was much stronger as a nation; now, it is all up to fate.

Here is an example of absolute stupidity.  The Florida voters (yes I know they have a bad rap to begin with) voted for a class size amendment to the state constitution which means all schools have to reduce class size.  In order to do this schools will have to eliminate support personnel (paraprofessionals in classroom among others) this may actually cause a reduction in education quality in some schools.  There is absolutely no evidence that class size reduction will improve education.  As evidence of how poor the education of Floridians is - the voters went and approved the amendment. 

I live in Canada and am not very familiar with the proposition proccess in the States. Why do they have to eliminate para-professional positions? Why don't they hire more teachers?

Here is an example of absolute stupidity.  The Florida voters (yes I know they have a bad rap to begin with) voted for a class size amendment to the state constitution which means all schools have to reduce class size.  In order to do this schools will have to eliminate support personnel (paraprofessionals in classroom among others) this may actually cause a reduction in education quality in some schools.  There is absolutely no evidence that class size reduction will improve education.  As evidence of how poor the education of Floridians is - the voters went and approved the amendment. 

I live in Canada and am not very familiar with the proposition proccess in the States. Why do they have to eliminate para-professional positions? Why don't they hire more teachers?

There's not enough money