Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Evans

A Question For Mrs. Picard

Who do you like more?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like more?

• Actor Patrick Stewart
    • Captain Jean-luc Picard

I think Patrick Steward is Picard's great, great, great, great, great, great, grandson. I like John-Luc better though, I like Patrick Stewart very much too.

:bow: A question for me! :laugh: *blush* :wub:

Well, as much as I like Jean-Luc (I love him, actually :P ), I go with Pat because he is real and Jean-Luc is, after all, a wonderful, but still fictional character. :hug:

So, my vote goes to you, Paddy. :o :bow: :o

I would say Patrick she is in love with Pat, not a character...

Patrick all the way. There's so much more of Patrick to watch than Jean-Luc.  :laugh:

Exactly! :laugh:

He has played so many roles in so many movies and on stage... there's plenty of Pat out there :laugh::laugh:

I would have to say i like him more as Pat,he is like me a yorkshire men :laugh: but when he plays Picard he is french..blah...but he rocks :laugh:

I'd say patty.

as allready mentioned .. jean-luc is a great char but stewart is real.

and the stuff i heared about patty til now makes him quite a nice guy *g*

Well, personally, of the two I would rather be stuck in a lift with Captain Picard over Patrick Stewart... mostly because I would have lengthy arguments with Patrick Stewart - mostly over his dislike of Tarantino. I remember when he said he hated 'Kill Bill' because it was violence against women as well as men. My reaction was something along the lines of:

"You what, mate?! Excuse me but isn't the world trying to achieve equality? That means that men and women should be completely equal... so if a woman wants to run around in a film with a samurai sword, killing people, like hundreds of men have, I think she should be allowed!"

Kill Bill will always make me smile because of the opening.

"Vengeance is a dish best served cold" - Old Klingon saying

Patrick Stewart is very good but I like Picard's personality- how many times has he saved peoples lives and in Hide and Q when he stops Tasha from crying, and when he helped the doctor ..... :assimilated: :blink:

I'm going to meet him next year!!!!! OMG!!!!!

I voted for Picard. I like Mr. Stewart too but I did't quite like Prof. Xavier. So I suppose I prefer Cpt. Picard. Besides, I know I'm safer on a ship captained by Picard than Mr. Stewart. I don't mean any disrespect towards Mr. Stewart but I don't think I've read in his profile that he graduated from Starfleet Academy.

However, I've always enjoyed any show with Mr Stewart acting in it - including the X-men. He is a superior actor compared to Cpt. Picard. Whenever I watch a show with Mr Stewart in it, I would think its Picard instead.

Come think about it, Mr Stewart looks exactly like Cpt Picard. I could have sworn they are both the same person!!

It is a hard choice but i vote for Stewart because in my opinion his acting was what made the Picard character possibly the greatest hero of Science fiction. Plus he is a hella lot better actor than William Shatner in my opinion.

I must JLP... I know next to nothing about Patrick Steward and really, I care about the actual characters more than the actors who play them. To me, the actors are merely an approximation of the wonder of the real characters.

LOL- now someone needs to make one in the TOS forum for QSMB and I: Leonard Nimoy or Spock! :lol:

Edited by Valeris

I think it's very hard to make that kind of decision because of the way the two of them exist in different parallels. I would however say Patrick Stewart since you could always get him to chuck on the captain's uniform and pretend to be Picard for a while or something :(

Well, personally, of the two I would rather be stuck in a lift with Captain Picard over Patrick Stewart... mostly because I would have lengthy arguments with Patrick Stewart - mostly over his dislike of Tarantino. I remember when he said he hated 'Kill Bill' because it was violence against women as well as men. My reaction was something along the lines of:

"You what, mate?! Excuse me but isn't the world trying to achieve equality? That means that men and women should be completely equal... so if a woman wants to run around in a film with a samurai sword, killing people, like hundreds of men have, I think she should be allowed!"

Kill Bill will always make me smile because of the opening.

"Vengeance is a dish best served cold" - Old Klingon saying

Well said indeed. Although Kill Bill isn't one of my favourite Tarantino films it had less to do with violence against women and more to do with the concept of vengance. I'll forgive Patrick Stewart for his transgression against Tarantino because Patrick is wonderful. I love him in everything, particularly in Trek as Jean Luc.