Sign in to follow this  
Reveka

Trekkies Where I Live

i was wondering if there were trekies where i live that i could talk to and discuss trek and stuff-

i live in mifflin county in Pennsylvania.....

I 've always found that going to conventions can hep you find trekkies and trekkers. usually at the conventions, trek clubs from that region help host it.

I know what you mean. It tends to be kind of tough. But WEAREBORG has a point, conventions and stuff are good meeting places. I'm going to one in July :dude: (1st one!!!)

yeah, you have to register with starfleet. It's a hassle. I'll join a club when I get out of Medical school and complete my residency. Hopefully when I become a radiologist :dude: I wish :dude:

Edited by WEAREBORG4102

I know a few Trekkies where I live, mainly because T'Son converted me to a Trekkie and then together we converted some other people to Trekkies. I actually know one other person on this site near where I am moving too.

Yeah, you guys are lucky that you know eachother, I don't know anyone who is as much of a Trekkie as I am. Most people I've meet watch Star Trek casually and aren't obsessed. And I don't know anyone who lives near me on this site. I think VBG is the closest, but even he's too far out of the way for me. :bow:

Yeah, it's the same with me TrekkieMage..I don't know anybody near me who feels about Star Trek like I do...I know people who like Star Trek..Like my brother. My brother went with me to 'The Experience' in Vegas....But there are no trekkies near me that I know of..Although I'm sure they're out there..I just haven't found them yet..I have enjoyed meeting and talking with all of you here at STF..Too bad we don't live closer..Oh well..That's life..I'm grateful for the experience that this site offers..

Yeah...Fortunatly I am going to a convention soon and I hope (*crosses fingers*) that I meet some people who live near me. I live in such a densely populated area that there must be some other Trekkies, but I just can't seem to find them. :bow::laugh:

yes, I hope to go to one soon, I'm sick and tired of the star wars fans telling me there are more of them than of us. I plan to take alot of photos at the star trek convention and I'll say "See, I haven't seen a Star Wars convention, I don't know if they exist but they certainly can't top all this times 42 (about 1 per week)

yes, I hope to go to one soon, I'm sick and tired of the star wars fans telling me there are more of them than of us. I plan to take alot of photos at the star trek convention and I'll say "See, I haven't seen a Star Wars convention, I don't know if they exist but they certainly can't top all this times 42 (about 1 per week)

1. Ask them is Star Wars fans have the government in on the fandom (the shuttle Enterprise) :laugh:

2. Ask them if 'Star Wars fans' or the equivilant is a word in the dictionary like Trekkies :bow:

3. Hand them a copy of the documentary 'Trekkies' and possibly 'Trekkies 2' :wub:

For the record, I respect the Star Wars films, I just don't personally understand them.

fairly Certain there are some Trekkies/Trekkers where i live i saw many when i went to 2 Conventions years ago but mostly kept to myself and bought a few items trek related and non trek related like the 25th or 30th Anniversary of Doctor Who and a Picture of a "Hot Shirtless Michael Biehn and the Guy that played in La Bamba :bow::laugh: :wub: :hug:

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

1. Ask them is Star Wars fans have the government in on the fandom (the shuttle Enterprise) :laugh:

2. Ask them if 'Star Wars fans' or the equivilant is a word in the dictionary like Trekkies :bow:

3. Hand them a copy of the documentary 'Trekkies' and possibly 'Trekkies 2' :wub:

Intresting, what edition of the dictonary are trekkies in?

I think it should be in the Merriam webster 3rd international

Yeah, it is

It's in the Oxford too

1. Ask them is Star Wars fans have the government in on the fandom (the shuttle Enterprise) :bow:

2. Ask them if 'Star Wars fans' or the equivilant is a word in the dictionary like Trekkies :wub:

3. Hand them a copy of the documentary 'Trekkies' and possibly 'Trekkies 2' :laugh:

Here's one: ask them if Star Wars has influenced technology (flip phones? Total rip of the TOS communicators)

Here's my advice: get a Starfleet uniform and wear it out in public; I've worn mine while out shopping/eating out/whatever. Definately starts some conversations.

Yes, I'm going to wear one to school one day on a casual and when someone asks "Why are you wearing that" I'll look down at my PADD and say, "Last I checked, the united states of america was a free country, please inform me if I am now in error"

Yes, I'm going to wear one to school one day on a casual and when someone asks "Why are you wearing that" I'll look down at my PADD and say, "Last I checked, the united states of america was a free country, please inform me if I am now in error"

LOL I love that idea! Tell me how they reply to that.

As for adding to this topic, I live in Tioga County, Pennsylvania. That's in north central PA and I'm approximately 10 minutes away from the NY state border.

Here in Holland they hardly have any conventions and ive never been to one,i dont know pple in real life that like startrek either,but it would be kewl to meet someone here and be friends in real life and here as well and then i could talk about star trek all the time.

1. Ask them is Star Wars fans have the government in on the fandom (the shuttle Enterprise) :lol:

2. Ask them if 'Star Wars fans' or the equivilant is a word in the dictionary like Trekkies :look:

3. Hand them a copy of the documentary 'Trekkies' and possibly 'Trekkies 2' :lol:

Here's one: ask them if Star Wars has influenced technology (flip phones? Total rip of the TOS communicators)

Here's my advice: get a Starfleet uniform and wear it out in public; I've worn mine while out shopping/eating out/whatever. Definately starts some conversations.

Good ones!! :o

Here in Holland they hardly have any conventions and ive never been to one,i dont know pple in real life that like startrek either,but it would be kewl to meet someone here and be friends in real life and here as well and then i could talk about star trek all the time.

230775[/snapback]

I've not met anyone who loves star trek as I do in real life for a very long time. I can understand how you feel. In fact, I can't find any other human being who loves star trek at all where I am :)

Have you heard of Star Trek Meetup? You can sign up online and arrange a meeting place to meet other Trek fans. I tried it in my area, but not enough people are signed up. But others might have better luck. Here's the link. Good luck!

Have you heard of Star Trek Meetup?  You can sign up online and arrange a meeting place to meet other Trek fans.  I tried it in my area, but not enough people are signed up.  But others might have better luck.  Here's the link.  Good luck!

255362[/snapback]

That's a neat link Indy! However, there are not enough people signed up in my area..Doesn't really surprise me..Perhaps others will have better luck..

I've been to about 6 conventions. They have started downsizing the last couple of years. They usually have 2 a year. One of them was for 3 days, but they cut down to 1 a year and lowered it to 1 day. That sucks! I really enjoyed them. I have a couple of freinds who are trek fans, but not fanatics like me.

Have you heard of Star Trek Meetup?  You can sign up online and arrange a meeting place to meet other Trek fans.  I tried it in my area, but not enough people are signed up.  But others might have better luck.  Here's the link.  Good luck!

255362[/snapback]

That's a neat link Indy! However, there are not enough people signed up in my area..Doesn't really surprise me..Perhaps others will have better luck..

255403[/snapback]

Yeah, same problem I have. I was thinking people in larger cities and urban areas might have better luck. Apparently there's just one other Trekkie where I live. :)

255362[/snapback]

I will try that, thanks. Now that I have moved a thousand miles away from TSon, I have no one to talk to about Trek here. Heck, I know no one, I have no one to talk to period!