Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~~ Fondest Memory Of My Dad ~~

He's gone now, 8 years. When I think of him I remember the nice talks we used to have. The man everyone else knew wasn't the same person I knew. He had a great sense of humour and we talked about really ridiculous stuff and we laughed alot together about things no one else understood. I guess I get my ability to come up with ' Random Thread Topics ' from him. :theking:

I have endless fond memories of my father, now gone for one and a quarter years.

One has to do with how he handled being repeatedly unfairly passed over for promotion. The last instance of this was when a woman who had once been under him was promoted over him...now his boss. She did not really know how to do her job, because she had no experience, and my dad had tons. He could have let her fail, but he helped her with all the inside knowledge she needed to succeed. There was no complaining or griping those years, and she kept in touch when he retired, and has remained concerned for my mother since he passed.

I have seen him handle one unfairness after another without complaining. Most of it I learned about when I was having to deal with problems in my own life, and then I found out about some of the things he went through.....I had never known them as a child, or young adult. His life example was the best advice for living a person could ever want.

My mother is missing him acutely today.

Thanks mj, my Dad was like that too. He always stuck-up for the underdog even when he got hurt in the process. :clap: I am missing him today too, very much :theking:

My Father sadly died when I was very young, but I do have some good memories of him. He loved baseball and most other sports. He would always play hardball with some of his friends in a public park. I always would watch him from a building's fire escape.... I liked to go climb up and down it while I watched

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Hmmm....Don't Feel So Alone Now Here...

Mine's Been Gone For Almost 14 Years Now....I Think I Get Most Of My Personality From Him..lol...

Group Hug!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sam The Smuggler, that's basically the same case for me. Even though I did not know him for long, I believe I inherited a lot from him ---- in appearance & personality.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Tomorrow, the 25th , he'll be gone 8 years. :laugh: He used to love animals, especially dogs. He'd always defend a dog when it did something bad. Go into this big explanation of the way a dog thinks, it was so funny. We laughed about the stupidest things. He was my best friend and a real gentleman in all situations. I have never met anyone like him. He took a long time before he'd answer any question. He did kind of over think things. It took a long time for him to get angry but once he was it took him a long time to get over it. He used to call me "Hurricane Lida" :laugh: Now I think I know what he meant. Sorry, guess I've been this way all my life. I'm going on and on, I'll stop now.

Hugs to everyone out there who has lost their father! I lost my mom six years ago and that was devasating, so I can only imagine how hard it is to have lost a father.

My favorite memory of my daddy was the time he took my cousin and I camping. We waded in the river and looked for "gold" and afterwards our shoes were all wet so we sat them by the fire to dry. Well, they melted, so he had to haul us several miles (several, several) to the nearest KMart since he couldn't just take us home without shoes. We ended up going out to my grandparents property (pre-house) and going fishing and swimming in the lake in March. Nothing can match the experience of talking your daddy into going swimming in a glacier lake in March!

My parents divorced when I was very little, so any adventure with my dad is one of my fondest memories!

My Dad died 13 months ago, & what I remember most of all, besides his penchant for bad puns :blink: , was how he & my Mom used to occasionally reminisce about how I was born on Fathers' Day, & he said to my Mom,"Well, looks like we've got another little fisherman." He & My Mom were married for 59 years. I'm thankful to have had him for as long as I did, but I still miss him, though nowhere near as much as my Mom. :blink:

My Dad is still alive..But my fondest memory of him was taking My brother and I to Disneyworld

We had a BLAST :blink: