Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Ten Years Off Here And There

I think that during the series the writers cheated wuite a bit, what with omnipotent beings throwing them ten years foward, transwarp technology fitted and the burning out, catapaults and so forth giving Voyager these big leaps forward. What do you think?

That was part of the original plan, that Voyager would run into situations where they got a boost.

I don't think they 'cheated'.

They used a lot of creative devices to help Voyager along, and not all of the technology they found worked. They had failures and they had successes. And I don't think they got a boost more than every other season or something like that. Otherwise it would have been a boring show. Remember the void? I don't think I'd enjoy two and a half years of nothingness...

I get it Prom; why was VOY so special to receive all that help to get home?

Other ships have been lost throughout the sagas and besides VOY only a couple or few of them was ever found or recovered, (canonnly.) Where were all the Entities and anomalies which helped VOY find its way home when those other lost ships needed them?

It IS strange VOY found shortcuts and was given so much help to return home while so many other lost ships were not. Could Janeway have been THAT MUCH more resourceful (or lucky) than other Captains?

Sorry AE, but yes she was resourceful. Like I have said before, she had to do the dance backwards and in high heels. She performed as well or better than any other Captain found in that situation might have, male or female. Her dealings with the Queen should demostrate that. She showed cunning and craftiness in all her encounters with the Borg. As for the shortcuts, so what, why not? She dragged her ship home didn't she?

I get it Prom; why was VOY so special to receive all that help to get home?

Other ships have been lost throughout the sagas and besides VOY only a couple or few of them was ever found or recovered, (canonnly.) Where were all the Entities and anomalies which helped VOY find its way home when those other lost ships needed them?

It IS strange VOY found shortcuts and was given so much help to return home while so many other lost ships were not. Could Janeway have been THAT MUCH more resourceful (or lucky) than other Captains?

Voyager was also a much superior ship in itself compared to almost anything else in the Delta Quadrent, even compared to other Starfleet ships. Remember the Equonox? Voyager was just the right mix of everything.

Voyager was a little 'hot hatch' vehicle with a mundane Captain. I didnt find her 'gung ho' girl power attitude to be anything special. She was, for me, the George W Bush of the Captain world... (please dont kill me - im Irish :laugh: )

Voyager was a little 'hot hatch' vehicle with a mundane Captain. I didnt find her 'gung ho' girl power attitude to be anything special. She was, for me, the George W Bush of the Captain world... (please dont kill me - im Irish  :laugh: )

At the risk of an argument...She was nothing like Bush. She tried to avoid conflict, and she was anything but religious. She was also incredibly smart. Bush tends to be a very volatile topic for me, so this is all I'm going to say. No offence meant to anyone.

Let's just say that it was supposedly so powerful. remember the Kazon had spread word that Voyager was evil and that they would attack, etc. Also there was the point that Voyager was so powerful compared to the delta quadrant ships.