Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ Self-talk~~

When things aren't going so well, your ' Personal Crisis Grid' is full and there is no one to talk to, do you give yourself a 'PEP' Talk? What do you say to keep yourself positive? Or to keep yourself from saying or doing the wrong thing sometimes? Or how do you forgive someone? Or how do you keep going when that's the last thing you want to do? Or keep yourself in the present and not wander around morbidly in the past? :laugh: :unsure:

When things aren't going so well, your ' Personal Crisis Grid' is full and there is no one to talk to, do you give yourself a 'PEP' Talk? What do you say to keep yourself positive? Or to keep yourself from saying or doing the wrong thing sometimes? 

I will ask myself "am I doing/saying this to please others" or "is this really what I want to do/to say"? if I catch myself slipping into the "people-pleaser" mentality.

Unfortunately, there are times that my "self-talk" is unrepeatable, that I get down on myself. Sometimes I try to say or think of something funny, " the solar flares must be especially large today. The electromagnetic radiation has jarred my mental circuitry." :unsure: :laugh:

HMM, O.K. :unsure:

Nothing bad is going to happen to you in the next 24 hours. { that always helps}

Hey, you live in a security building, what can happen? :laugh:

If a plane crashes through the roof you'll be dead so quick you won't know what hit you.

Once your dead, SO WHAT!

You can always just shoot yourself.

Hey, some people die when they are babies so what are you feeling cheated for anyway.

If I act like I don't care maybe it'll take after awhile.

If I eat something that tastes really good it'll take my mind off of this.

You've got alot of time before you have to deal with it.

You can always run away to France. { :lol: } Yea, right.

You'll be dead in a hundred years so what's the big deal, it won't matter then anyway.

Try to think about something else.

:unsure: I grumble a lot. Especially when I'm at work, usually just a bunch of incoherent words and nicknames I've made up for various co-workers. Sometimes I rant to myself, that always makes me feel better. One foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, for some reason saying that to myself makes me laugh and feel a little better.

<<<<-----Watching the War-Bird turn and fly while listening to 'Talking Heads' always makes me feel better. :unsure:

" The world was moving , she was right there with it and she was. "

Edited by Jeanway

When things aren't going so well, your ' Personal Crisis Grid' is full and there is no one to talk to, do you give yourself a 'PEP' Talk?

1. I on't have a personal crisis grid.

2. I always have Indy to talk to.

3. I don't give myself pep talks.

What do you say to keep yourself positive?

I talk to Indy or pray.

Or to keep yourself from saying or doing the wrong thing sometimes?

I take a nap or go online and vent at Imagination Island

Or how do you forgive someone?

There is no "how", I just do.

Or how do you keep going when that's the last thing you want to do?

When what's the last thing I want to do?

Or keep yourself in the present and not wander around morbidly in the past?

I don't have a time machine. :unsure:

I talk to myself a lot, but it's mostly just mumbling to keep myself focussed on what I'm doing. I suppose that qualifies as a "pep talk." Also, since it's just mumbling, I doubt anyone finds it offensive since they really can't discern what I'm saying. It's a good thing.

" He/She didn't really mean that in the way I took it. :laugh: Lighten up."

i think i could use a good peptalk

We need a 'PEP TALK' Thread, I think :laugh: