Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~~ Any Suggestions ~~

There have been alot of times I've thought of things that would make this site even better than it is, but I had no place to put them. Most of them I have forgotten by now so I thought this might be a good idea. Be nice now, we are all in this together. :laugh: Sincerely, Rear Admiral Jeanway. Love you guys. :unsure:

Not being soe overly sensative

I think that is a suggestion for the world in general, Tina. I mean, Jimmy Kimmel sights something that, in all likely hood, will probably happen, and ABC pulls his Wednesday night show! doesn't the world have a sense of humor?

Not only would I like to re-arrange the smilies but I'd like a complete overhaul on the smilie situation. No offense intended to anyone. But some of them I never see used and the others are so far down on the list they never hardly get used. I think <------right here, this panel should be re-arranged, I do have definate ideas. P.S. I know the arrow only points to them while I'm typing :unsure: :laugh:

1. Allow links in signatures as long as it's a title or sentence and not a commercial looking advertisement.

2. Allow links to other sites anywhere in mention, but keep site-specific threads in "Links to Other Sites".

3. Allow freedom of speech, this includes discussing virtually in the appropriate forum and expressing one's self as they see fit. One thing that annoys me at STF is mods are always calling me "condescending and rude". What they don't understand is that I behave here as I do everywhere else. This is the only place where people call me condesending. :laugh: Personally, I think people here are too sensitive, but that's another thread.

4. Condense the forums, there's entirely too many. Sometimes I come with a simple topic and have no idea where to post it, that I just leave without posting it at all. :lol:

5. Do away with "Kronos". I don't see why a Star Trek site should have an "adult section" anymore than a theme park should have an "adult book store". :unsure:

I'll liste more as I think of them.

CJLP, I think being condescending anywhere isin't good. I've known people in real life like that and I just prefer not to be around them. It make me and others feel like we are stupid and need to be taught. And people ARE sensitve. They may not act like they are but I think it's just built into the system. Humans are sensitve creatures, like it or not. We all have little 'quirks' we need to work on, no one is perfect. But I understand and I still like you. :laugh:

CJLP, I think being condescending anywhere isin't good.

Agreed. :laugh:

I've known people in real life like that and I just prefer not to be around them.

I usually just voice my honest opinion at the person. Works most times.

It make me and others feel like we are stupid and need to be taught. And people ARE sensitve.

That's true, people are sensitive.

They may not act like they are but I think it's just built into the system.

The system of what?

Humans are sensitve creatures, like it or not.

Hey, don't speak for everyone, not all of us are sensitive, although I am, but not in the "Oh gosh, I'm offended!" sense.

We all have little 'quirks' we need to work on, no one is perfect. But I understand and I still like you. :blink:

Thanks for the compliment. Personally, I don't understand why STF sees me as condensending. :hug: No one else does. :hug:

You got your head in a -----> :laugh: ??? There are alot of people in here.

Sometimes it's just better to keep your opinions to your self, that's called TACT.

THE SYSTEM, MEANING THE HUMAN SYSTEM THAT GOD MADE. HE MADE US SENSITIVE SO WE'D RECOGNIZE " DANGER, WILL ROBINSON".

Aren't we all humans in here? Well, aside from a few aliens. :blink:

Just because you don't understand doesn't mean it isin't so. That means YOU have a problem understanding others CJLP. Look at the Prayer of St. Thomas of Assisi, it may help you.

Who is Daniel?

5. Do away with "Kronos".  I don't see why a Star Trek site should have an "adult section" anymore than a theme park should have an "adult book store". :laugh:

I think of Kronos as a forum where the threads get heated, lots of political opinions thrown around, not as an "adult" forum. I think it should stay so those who want to talk about topics that draw out strong feelings can post without censoring themselves too much, I don't recall ever seeing a thread in there that was "adult book store" -like. Keep the politics in one forum so it doesn't spill out into the other threads , easier to avoid those discussions if you want to that way. :blink:

5. Do away with "Kronos".  I don't see why a Star Trek site should have an "adult section" anymore than a theme park should have an "adult book store". :)

I think of Kronos as a forum where the threads get heated, lots of political opinions thrown around, not as an "adult" forum. I think it should stay so those who want to talk about topics that draw out strong feelings can post without censoring themselves too much, I don't recall ever seeing a thread in there that was "adult book store" -like. Keep the politics in one forum so it doesn't spill out into the other threads , easier to avoid those discussions if you want to that way. :hug:

Yea, " Kronos Multi-Thread Bandwaggoning" is the worst. I got sucked into one thread and couldn't escape it for weeks. Thanks Fen :laugh: There is a certain level of nastiness and hostility in there. I try to stay out of there as much as I can, I'm glad it's clearly marked. " WARNING, THIS FORUM COULD BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR MENTAL HEALTH" :) :blink: :hug:

5. Do away with "Kronos".  I don't see why a Star Trek site should have an "adult section" anymore than a theme park should have an "adult book store". :blink:

I think of Kronos as a forum where the threads get heated, lots of political opinions thrown around, not as an "adult" forum. I think it should stay so those who want to talk about topics that draw out strong feelings can post without censoring themselves too much, I don't recall ever seeing a thread in there that was "adult book store" -like. Keep the politics in one forum so it doesn't spill out into the other threads , easier to avoid those discussions if you want to that way. :laugh:

Yea, " Kronos Multi-Thread Bandwaggoning" is the worst. I got sucked into one thread and couldn't escape it for weeks. Thanks Fen :hug: There is a certain level of nastiness and hostility in there. I try to stay out of there as much as I can, I'm glad it's clearly marked. " WARNING, THIS FORUM COULD BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR MENTAL HEALTH" :) :) :)

Captain Picard, Did you post the above before or after you posted in Kronos today?

EXACTLY FEN! :hug:

"There is a certain level of nastiness and hostility in there."

Jeanway, you really believe it's THAT bad in there? I don't see it, I use memories of ST.COM to judge the level of nastiness and hostility in Kronos and although threads have been closed for tempers flaring it never has reached the level of warfare we all remember at ST.COM. Agreed?

AE, I don't mean it's a bad thing. It's good for people to be able to vent in a place where censoring is at a minimum. For me personally, I'm just better off staying out of there. I tend to get just as nasty and hostile as the next person does, then it spills over into more, inappropiate threads and I get myself into trouble. That's all I meant, for myself, not for everybody. We are all different in here and there has to be a variety of topics, I stay out of the religion and politics threads on purpose. For those who want them, hey, knock youselves out :blink:

:hug::hug: :) :laugh:

5. Do away with "Kronos".  I don't see why a Star Trek site should have an "adult section" anymore than a theme park should have an "adult book store". :blink:

I think of Kronos as a forum where the threads get heated, lots of political opinions thrown around, not as an "adult" forum. I think it should stay so those who want to talk about topics that draw out strong feelings can post without censoring themselves too much, I don't recall ever seeing a thread in there that was "adult book store" -like. Keep the politics in one forum so it doesn't spill out into the other threads , easier to avoid those discussions if you want to that way. :laugh:

Yea, " Kronos Multi-Thread Bandwaggoning" is the worst. I got sucked into one thread and couldn't escape it for weeks. Thanks Fen :hug: There is a certain level of nastiness and hostility in there. I try to stay out of there as much as I can, I'm glad it's clearly marked. " WARNING, THIS FORUM COULD BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR MENTAL HEALTH" :) :hug: :)

Captain Picard, Did you post the above before or after you posted in Kronos today?

I can't remember. I'm not saying Kronos is a bad forum, I just don't feel it's neccessary. :)

FOR ME IT'S NOT NECESSARY. I never go in there. But I'm not so presumptuous and arrogant to say it's not necessary for eveyone just because it's not for me. And YOU, go in there all the time and say it's not necessary. Man, you are one dichotomy if I ever saw one. You can't stand on both sides of the street at the same time, you know. :laugh: AE, don't bother listening to this guy, I've had it with him and his half-baked, diametrically opposed opinions. Your damned if you do and damned if you don't with him. It's a double-blind crazy maker we've got here. Sorry, CJLP, that's just my opinion. But I do still like you. Hey, have you lost weight?

Come on Jeanway calm down ok, I blew it off, please do the same.

I get it, it's not for you and that's perfectly fine. I'm not (nor should anyone) judge people on whether or not they wanna get involved with Kronos topics, heck I'm the mod and I rarely get involved with them personally. I just over-see with my virtual yardstick at the ready. :laugh:

My suggestion is that before posting in a topic, read the previous posts.

Read them and try to understand what the writers said. Then join the conversation with your own comments, or refrain from posting if you do not really have anything to add to the conversation.

Reading before posting may slow down posting, but it also may help to have conversation.

It's not just a posting race...you should try to have conversations.

My suggestion is that before posting in a topic, read the previous posts.

Read them and try to understand what the writer said.  Then join the conversation with your own comments, or refrain from posting if you do not really have anything to add to the conversation.

Reading before posting may slow down posting, but it also may help to have conversation.

It's not just a posting race...you should try to have conversations.

That's good advice, I've caught myself almost posting the same comments twice in a thread a few days apart until I scrolled up a ways. Doesn't say much for my short-term memory does it? :laugh:

5. Do away with "Kronos".  I don't see why a Star Trek site should have an "adult section" anymore than a theme park should have an "adult book store". :hug:

I think of Kronos as a forum where the threads get heated, lots of political opinions thrown around, not as an "adult" forum. I think it should stay so those who want to talk about topics that draw out strong feelings can post without censoring themselves too much, I don't recall ever seeing a thread in there that was "adult book store" -like. Keep the politics in one forum so it doesn't spill out into the other threads , easier to avoid those discussions if you want to that way. ;)

Yea, " Kronos Multi-Thread Bandwaggoning" is the worst. I got sucked into one thread and couldn't escape it for weeks. Thanks Fen :) There is a certain level of nastiness and hostility in there. I try to stay out of there as much as I can, I'm glad it's clearly marked. " WARNING, THIS FORUM COULD BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR MENTAL HEALTH" :) :) :hug:

EXACTLY FEN! :)

"There is a certain level of nastiness and hostility in there."

Jeanway, you really believe it's THAT bad in there? I don't see it, I use memories of ST.COM to judge the level of nastiness and hostility in Kronos and although threads have been closed for tempers flaring it never has reached the level of warfare we all remember at ST.COM. Agreed?

AE, that was a long time ago, why are you bringing that up again. We were all neophytes in there. Warring, idiotic neophytes. We needed training and guidance on how to behave. We didn't know any better, we did clean up nicely though didn't we, well, most of us anyway. :laugh: Why you always throwing up the past to us? Hey, I don't even go in Kronos! :) Well, once in a while maybe just to look around :blink: I'm changing the subject now to something calmer:

DISPUTE SETTLEMENT!!! :) GET OUTA MY WAY! :o