Sign in to follow this  
Tina

Pro-ENT vs. Anti-ENT

My ::breathe:; Storm troppers will crush you

I WILL NEVER LIKE ENTERPRISE

No, I will assimilate her into the bashers...

:angry:

:devil:

::grabs Wereborg by the ear::

I AM NOT A BASHER..I JUST DON"T LIKE IT!!!!!! Get over it !!!!!

Despite our differences of opinion about Enterprise, I just had to laugh at that post. :angry:

Oh, yeah. Good to see you onboard, Riker Chick.

Out of curiosity, how much of Star Trek Enterprise have you watched? Try to put a number to it. 5 episodes? 10 episodes? All of the episodes?

In the interest of fairness

I have watched Season One and two but Stopped in Dec of last year (so tha makes half of three)

I Just don't like it.. Noone will convince me..As of latley i have been slammed for not liking it

I'm not a basher..I just want my Trek to be made better

::shrugs::

You guys just need to get over yourselves.

I have watched Season One and two but Stopped in Dec of last year (so tha makes half of three)

I Just don't like it.. Noone will convince me..As of latley i have been slammed for not liking it

I can respect your dislike of the show since you at least gave it a fair chance. I would say that you missed it's best season this year but that's just my opinion.

I can respect your dislike of the show since you at least gave it a fair chance. I would say that you missed it's best season this year but that's just my opinion.

I would certainly agree with you. Enterprise has come a very long way since season 1.

Is it becuase you think the show is badly produced, or is it that you just don't like it?

There are many reasons..The main one is: It bores me.

Star Trek certainly can't get any better than this last season of Enterprise, but it seems to keep getting better.

Don't say that! There is much better trek out there than last Season of Enterprise

TNG: Season 5

TOS: the Wrath of Kahn

DS9: The addition of Worf

..hell even all of season one is far better that what i have seen on Enterprise

Voy:Season 3

You all have read my post "Giving DS9 another chance". I thought that Ds9 for the longest was a horrible show..So i went back and saw it again..It was great.Far better calaber then on Enterprise!..

Star Trek certainly can't get any better than this last season of Enterprise, but it seems to keep getting better.

Don't say that! There is much better trek out there than last Season of Enterpriseprise

How can you say that if you didn't watch the season though?

Is it becuase you think the show is badly produced, or is it that you just don't like it?

There are many reasons..The main one is: It bores me.

Don't say that! There is much better trek out there than last Season of Enterprise

TNG: Season 5

TOS: the Wrath of Kahn

DS9: The addition of Worf

..hell even all of season one is far better that what i have seen on Enterprise

Voy:Season 3

You all have read my post "Giving DS9 another chance". I thought that Ds9 for the longest was a horrible show..So i went back and saw it again..It was great.Far better calaber then on Enterprise!..

I will say that because its true! If you had watched this pass season you just might think twice about saying its boring. But I know you won't because it seems you have it in your head thats its not good. Oh well, your loss our gain.

because its redundant..

I MIGHT go take a peek at a couple of latter episodes..hell i might even change my mind anything is possible..But if i don't like it will you guys respect my descsion

Not likely as I've already said, before I even started watching the show, that the Enterprise bashers are really annoying me.

Ok so whats the difference between a Basher and someone who gave the show a shot and did not like it?

I will say that because its true! If you had watched this pass season you just might think twice about saying its boring. But I know you won't because it seems you have it in your head thats its not good. Oh well, your loss our gain.

And i say that i have watched most of the season and i STILL hated it. I don't think its good beacuse I HAVE WATCHED IT

There is a difference between someone who does not like it because they watched it and someone who just hates it because ....

GUYS,RC,ANYONE

There are some people who JUST DON"T LIKE IT..Just leave them alone..Don't attack the,m..We are all trekkies(trekkers,Trek fans etc)

I will quoate TNG till the day i die.I will continue to watch DS9 and ask questions about it.I will watch re-runs of Voy and laugh at the sillyness and the cheer the triumphs.I will go to the Convntions and bump into most of you..I will buy the comix and the models ETC

(ok I even have an Archer doll with talking chair i got for Christmas..Indeed it is cool)

It pains me to say how bad the show is..I LIKE THE PREMISE..I like Archer and hoshi and Wee little Porthos. i have mentioned before what i dislike and LOVE about the show..But generally the cons out balance the cons

I am sorry guys...

because its redundant..

But again, how can you say that if you haven't watched?

To UH

Click for Spoiler:

YES VERY!!!!!!!!!! A good reason to watch,,he he he...Still thats only one pro ,,

VBG I saw half the season.Whcih was ENOUGH for me to make a desiscion..Which brings me to my next point...

I will Attempt to watch the rest of the season... Will that have earned the respect we non-watchers Deserve

(that and there is nothing else on...)

hell i might even change my mind anything is possible..

NOOO!!! Don't make me the obly one left!!!

Don't worry Harry

I said MAYBE

That does not mean i will love it for sure

I just want them to lay off us non-watchers

To UH

Click for Spoiler:

YES VERY!!!!!!!!!! A good reason to watch,,he he he...Still thats only one pro ,,

VBG I saw half the season.Whcih was ENOUGH for me to make a desiscion..Which brings me to my next point...

I will Attempt to watch the rest of the season... Will that have earned the respect we non-watchers Deserve

(that and there is nothing else on...)

You may have missed this earlier:

QUOTE (VaBeachGuy @ Jun 1 2004, 10:59 PM)

I can respect your dislike of the show since you at least gave it a fair chance. I would say that you missed it's best season this year but that's just my opinion

I was commenting in general.The tone i am getting in general is of dissaproval....

I can respect your dislike of the show since you at least gave it a fair chance. I would say that you missed it's best season this year but that's just my opinion

I was commenting in general.The tone i am getting in general is of dissaproval....

There's a difference between disapproval and disrespect though. I can disapprove of your opinion yet still respect it.

Plus the tone you are getting is brought on by your tone. I think that if you want Enterprise fans to respect your opinion of disliking it that you need to respect the opinions of those people that do like it. It goes both ways.

::folds arms:

I never once disrepected or took a tone where i dissapprove of any Enterprise watchers. So i am sorry if it seemed like that..

We can respect your opinion but we don't have to share it. The majority of people that I know think that Enterprise is much closer to the style of TOS and because of that they love the show, of course there does appear to be a more modern section of fans brought up on DS9 and Voyager who perhaps dislike the more classic style of the franchise.

We can respect your opinion but we don't have to share it. The majority of people that I know think that Enterprise is much closer to the style of TOS and because of that they love the show, of course there does appear to be a section of fans brought up on DS9 and Voyager who perhaps dislike the more classic style of the franchise.

Point Taken..And i agree <_<

::folds arms:

I never once disrepected or took a tone where i dissapprove of any Enterprise watchers. So i am sorry if it seemed like that..

It's an overall impression that you leave throughout many posts, there's a condescending tone that leaves the impression that you look down on Enterprise fans. Kind of like "How can you be such an idiot? You are nothing but a mindless automaton that will accept anything they put in front of you and I pity you!" Now I know you didn't actually say those things (Not that I have seen anyway) but that is the impression I get when I read many of your posts, especially when you post them on a thread that is about someone that watched it and liked what she saw and wants to see more.

Why go and try to discourage someone from watching? Why not encourage them to watch all they can? After all if you are correct in your opinion, won't they then be able to back you up with your assertions later?

I went through a few posts and took out some quotes to give you examples of what I mean by "condescending tone". Some of the quotes contain valid opinion, but then something like "You guys just need to get over yourselves" was added and that gives the whole post a completely different tone then it would have had if that wasn't there.

Click for Spoiler:

My ::breathe:; Storm troppers will crush you

I WILL NEVER LIKE ENTERPRISE

I can't beleive they are skipping over better Trek

<_<

Enterprise, with it's first-class cast would make a very good movie.

First rate?!? Sorry I disagree with that. this movie is probally going to bomb too.

Well that does it

I am not going to watch the next Trek movie..i don't see why they skipped over DS9 and VOY

::takes harry to the side and gives him a pep talk::

Don't worry Harry..they just are jerking your chain..If Capt Archer came on in Drag singing show tunes they would STILL watch it

Trekkies watch trek..no matter how bad it is..and they wlawyas have a counter argument for EVERYTHING

So tougen uo and don't get discouraged

We know/

We just don't want to be trampled by the angry mob

SHhhhhhh Harry

You must be quiet or they will Asiimilate us!

I agree with Harry

Its really bad trek..Put it out of its misery!

In my own defense beofre i am stoned to death by the angry fans

I LIKE OTHER TREKS

And i defend myself on my position. Some days the anger in the voices towards me are unbearable..I just don't Like Enterprise

So leave me be...let me live..and let me vioce my opinion in peace..

You like Enterprise..Ok..Thats ok but don't call all of us nonwatchers Bashers.Some of us so called bashers are actual Trekkers who prefer TNG or DS9 or Voy

I am just sick of one-sided arguments

In my own defense beofre i am stoned to death by the angry fans

I LIKE OTHER TREKS

And i defend myself on my position. Some days the anger in the voices towards me are unbearable..I just don't Like Enterprise

So leave me be...let me live..and let me vioce my opinion in peace..

You like Enterprise..Ok..Thats ok but don't call all of us nonwatchers Bashers.Some of us so called bashers are actual Trekkers who prefer TNG  or DS9 or Voy

I am just sick of one-sided arguments

You see? Even in your new response you are condescending by saying that you will be stoned to death. Implying that Enterprise fans are an "Angry Mob" and work off a "mob mentality".

Enterprise fans take offense to that and that's why you may be considered a basher.

The anger in some of your Anti-Enterprise posts, and the multitude of them is what is bringing out anger in others that may be directed in your direction. Especially when the Anti-Enterprise posts are posted on a post that is meant to be a "I love Enterprise and want to watch more" thread.

There are ways to express an opinion that won't elicit angry reactions, adding personal swipes into the opinions though do the opposite. You may not direct it at an individual person but when it's directed at an entire fan base each person will take it personally.

I, for instance haven't (to my knowledge or memory) treated you as an "angry mob" would, and I haven't "lifted a stone" to stone you. I've discussed the topic with you calmly, but you respond with "Stoned to death by angry fans" and there goes that impression that you are looking down your nose again.

Wow, I haven’t seen a crucifixion like this since the Personal Jesus debacle.  Since when is it wrong to state a personal preference in Trek?

I think you are missing the point. Re-read what has been said.

..So this is an actual response to what was said in the "You got me thread" They closed it before i could respond

I don't like Enterprise..I am sorry i don't.I have stuck by this opinion even when i get attacked in the chat or on the boards

I don't like it at all!

I am a New yorker..I have sarcasm in my vioce 24/7

Sorry

So are you gonna post every thread i have ever said about Enterprise again VBG?

Is TM going to send me an Automated PM again?

I am not ANTI ENTERPRISE! GO AHEAD AND WATCH IT I DON"T CARE UT DON"T ATTACK US NONLIKERS

Anyway i would watch Enterprise but as i have said before.i prefer better(IMO) trek

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll