Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

What's Up With Spike Tv?

I have given up trying to catch Trek on either Spike or SciFi because it's always on at times that are inconvenient for me. So, I have resorted to buying all the DVDs and it is so much better. I watch when I want to watch, watch an episode that sometimes is the featured episode from startrek.com to keep a good mix of episodes, and I love the fact that there's no commercials or taglines listing the station name... I usually watch two to three episodes a day.

This works for me!!

I have given up trying to catch Trek on either Spike or SciFi because it's always on at times that are inconvenient for me.  So, I have resorted to buying all the DVDs and it is so much better.  I watch when I want to watch, watch an episode that sometimes is the featured episode from startrek.com to keep a good mix of episodes, and I love the fact that there's no commercials or taglines listing the station name...  I usually watch two to three episodes a day.

This works for me!!

269464[/snapback]

Amen to all that, Captain! I love the DVDs ... we watch as many as 3 a night as well. We've gotten all seven seasons of DS9 and we are up to Season 5 on TNG. DVD is the only way to fly and they are worth every cent you pay for them. DS9's special features are just flat-out awesome. TNG's are good but not as great as DS9's.

After we get all of TNG, we're going to start on Voyager. I figure with those three series and all the movies, we'll never have to watch anything else again.

Well, if they're worried about ratings, they must have realized that Star Trek got better ratings than basketball. It's now two episodes of DS9 followed by two episode of TNG. Doesn't get much better than that.

written by gul_nodrog

The answer is an all Star Trek network and let's forget about Spike, Fox, UPN and Sci-Fi all together.

It's sheer heaven having TNG and DS9 on DVD, plus all the movies. We can watch them whenever we want. However, I think it would be awesome if there were a network that was all Star Trek all the time. There is plenty of material to fill the hours between movies, series, special features off the DVDs, those Trekkie/Trekker documentaries ... and they could throw in a program every once in a while that one of our Star Trek acting alumni was starring in.

There isn't a network left on the air or cable that gives a rat's butt about us Trek fans anyway. We should fight for our very own dedicated channel and the heck with everyone else.

I’m splurging for Voyager (so far my first and only DVD purchase) but to buy them all – that’s too high for me.

However, that's an interesting idea re: your suggestion of an all Trek channel. It makes me wonder why Paramount hasn't launched one. My goodness, there are channels dedicated to gardening, tennis... there's even one that simply broadcasts an aquarium with fish swimming in it (I read people leave it on for their cats). :biggrin: I cannot believe the research wouldn't project it to be profitable?

Latest update: It looked as if Spike was going to begin with Season 1 again but now...who knows??

Thursday, October 14

11:00 AM: "What You Leave Behind", Pt. 1 (SciFi) TVPG CC Stereo Sisko leads the Federation Alliance in an attempt to invade the Cardassian home world.

12:00 PM: "What You Leave Behind", Pt. 2 (SciFi) TVPG CC Stereo Sisko leads the Federation Alliance in an attempt to invade the Cardassian home world.

Friday, October 15

11:00 AM: "Emissary", Pt. 1 (SciFi) TVPG CC Stereo A Starfleet team takes command of an abandoned Cardassian space station near the Bajoran wormhole.

12:00 PM: "Emissary", Pt. 2 (SciFi) TVPG CC Stereo A Starfleet team takes command of an abandoned Cardassian space station near the Bajoran wormhole.

Monday, October 18

11:00 AM: "The Dogs of War" (SciFi) TVPG CC Stereo The Federation war against the Dominion reaches the prelude to one final showdown.

12:00 PM: "Past Prologue" (SciFi) TVPG CC Stereo A Bajoran terrorist wants Kira to help blow up the wormhole.

Tuesday, October 19

11:00 AM: "Man Alone" (SciFi) TVPG CC Stereo Security Chief Odo is implicated in a murder.

12:00 PM: "Babel" (SciFi) TVPG CC Stereo Kira races to find a cure for a deadly virus.

Wednesday, October 20

11:00 AM: "Captive Pursuit" (SciFi) TVPG CC Stereo O'Brien befriends a being who is the prey in an alien blood sport.

12:00 PM: "Q-Less" (SciFi) TVPG CC Stereo After Q and Vash arrive, a mysterious force threatens the station.

Latest update: It looked as if Spike was going to begin with Season 1 again but now...who knows??

Monday, October 18

11:00 AM: "The Dogs of War" (SciFi) TVPG CC Stereo The Federation war against the Dominion reaches the prelude to one final showdown.

12:00 PM: "Past Prologue" (SciFi) TVPG CC Stereo A Bajoran terrorist wants Kira to help blow up the wormhole.

Nice one, "Dogs of War" comes before "What you leave behind" so your getting stuff from the future before the past. Great. :biggrin:

written by gul_nodrog

The answer is an all Star Trek network and let's forget about Spike, Fox, UPN and Sci-Fi all together.

It's sheer heaven having TNG and DS9 on DVD, plus all the movies. We can watch them whenever we want. However, I think it would be awesome if there were a network that was all Star Trek all the time. There is plenty of material to fill the hours between movies, series, special features off the DVDs, those Trekkie/Trekker documentaries ... and they could throw in a program every once in a while that one of our Star Trek acting alumni was starring in.

There isn't a network left on the air or cable that gives a rat's butt about us Trek fans anyway. We should fight for our very own dedicated channel and the heck with everyone else.

I’m splurging for Voyager (so far my first and only DVD purchase) but to buy them all – that’s too high for me.

However, that's an interesting idea re: your suggestion of an all Trek channel. It makes me wonder why Paramount hasn't launched one. My goodness, there are channels dedicated to gardening, tennis... there's even one that simply broadcasts an aquarium with fish swimming in it (I read people leave it on for their cats). :biggrin: I cannot believe the research wouldn't project it to be profitable?

270259[/snapback]

That would only make sence. There are so many episodes in all the series combined, plus movies, plus specials, interviews, behind-the-scenes, and spoofs, that it would be a long time before everything got repeated. Not to mention they could do a weekly top 5, kinda like it's own TRL (except it would be Trek Request Live.).

Paramount to also release a new show that dedicated to the concepts and posibilities behind the various Trek technologies. I wouldn't mind seeing that at all.

I turned off Spike ever since they replaced DS9 with their RealTV crap. The only place I can see it on a regular basis is on Access Network, Channel 13, at 4 PM MST.

Thanks heaven I got the DVD box sets so I can watch them whenever I like.

When did Spike replace DS9 with RealTV? Even before the recent schedule change (with got rid of MXC :) ) RealTV didn't come on until, I think 4 pm. DS9 comes on at 11 am, and again at noon, followed by 2 episodes of TNG. You should start watching it again!

Except now it's kinda odd... 1 episode at the end of season 7, followed by 1 episode at the beginning of season 1. Hmmm.

***Switching Times Again***

November 1st --- Two Episodes Back to Back:

12:00 pm/Eastern Time/US

1:00 pm/Eastern Time/US

Spike just screwed up and skipped "Dogs of War". They went back and played it and now it's all season one again. That really sucked for me since it was my first time watching the series. It really ruined the finale for me because I knew I had missed something when it started with Ezri and Julian in bed together.

When did Spike replace DS9 with RealTV? Even before the recent schedule change (with got rid of MXC  :flowers: ) RealTV didn't come on until, I think 4 pm. DS9 comes on at 11 am, and again at noon, followed by 2 episodes of TNG. You should start watching it again!

Except now it's kinda odd... 1 episode at the end of season 7, followed by 1 episode at the beginning of season 1. Hmmm.

273853[/snapback]

Maybe in your local area but DS9 is nowhere to be found anywhere in my local cable network except on Access.

All I know is DS9 is Star Trek's best series, IMO. Why can't Space renew its license and repeat them in their Trek weekday repeats is anyone's guess.

Deep Space Nine need a home, fellow Niners. SpikeTV aka TrashCentral is not it.

Now Spike's Channel Guide reads: 11:00AM-1:00PM/Eastern Time/US -- as of November 1st.

The one saving grace is it seems to be going in order again so you can make up the ones you missed.

I don't know if it's different in other areas (I don't see why a national network would have different schedules in different areas), but I just checked the SpikeTV schedule. It still says the same as before... DS9 at 11 am, and again at noon, then TNG at 1 pm, and again at 2 pm.

Oh, and if you're interrested, it said that they're going to play Star Trek III at 3 pm on Saturday.

I've recently gotten tivo, so the Spike thing doesn't really bother me anymore. But, I know that many Trekkies don't have this luxury, so, I do still think that Spike is dumb and messed up for only showing DS9 when most of us are at school or work.

Then, with Tivo, there's always the issue of hard drive space. I'm generally satisfied seeing an episode once, yeah, I like seeing them mulitple times, but, apart from the really good ones, I don't mind having to occasionally purge the hard drive. Plus, apart from Trek stuff, I delete stuff right after I watch it.

The point is, I lurve tivo.

It still doesn't bother me, because I can still see DS9 and TNG with plenty of time to do other things, but I suppose it would be nicer if they were played later.