Sign in to follow this  
deagletime

Will Data Be Resurrected?

Will Data Be Resurrected?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Will Data Be Resurrected?

• Yes, somehow someway?
    • No, hes scrapmetal?

I can't believe that he will never be seen again. Ther is just too much for him and his kind to do and give to SF and the Star Tek world as well, so i will be a worm and say YES, he will be back

Even if its just in a novel ( i know, not canon, but i'll take what i can get!)

I ain't heard no fat lady sing!

I voted no. The Schimitar exploded like a second after he fired his phaser! There was no time for a cloaked Romulan ship to beam him out, so Data's dust! As for B4 becoming Data? Brent Spiner said that won't happen becuase it'd cheapen Data's death scene. The memory download? It was just Data's memories, which are simply bits of information. The memories alone were not Data, but merely a component in his personallity. I think B4 will reflect Data at times, but evolve into his own personallity.

Not for us. Just for those who don't believe. There is an old axium from the soap opera world - if you don't see the body they ain't dead and even if you do see the body they still might not be dead. In Data's case we saw the Scimitar explode but we didn't see Data bits so anything is possible in the world of Trek. As pointed out by Brent Spiner pointed out Spock died and came back so anything is possible (just as long as it is done in a plausible manner)

Guest Ktrek

Yea he will be resurrected.....somehow in the books! :idea: Brent Spiner will become like Shatner and decide the money he could make having Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens put his ideas to pen and paper is too good to pass by. All he has to do is lend his name and they write the story! What a wonderful way to capitalize on your name huh?? :tear:

Ktrek

BTW- I really voted NO. Not so much because I don't think the producers would/could find a way, and Brent would do it if the money was right, and the story was good, but because I personally don't want his death cheapened. At this point it has meaning and I would prefer it stays that way.

I haven't voted because I haven't a clue what the producers would do. I know what I would LIKE them to do (because if they don't....), and I know what a lot of fans want, but I don't know if they're going to listen to us...Still, I'm pretty sure that if he isn't resurrected in a movie, he will be in a book. They can't just leave it the way it is/

Who says Data's dead? Data's not dead. *plugs ears* la la la la la

Ok, for real. I would love it if they brought him back, but they probably won't. If they did they'd have to be very careful about how they did it. I don't have a clue how he could have survived. I hope they do it in a book. That would probably be better.

Don't forget, the next Star Trek movie is supposedly going to involve the borg according to some pre-production stuff on a certain website... so if this is true, perhaps the borg queen will play a part in the Data story.

After the recent Patrick Stewart interview, if he doesn't want to play Picard anymore, than I don't see Brent Spiner jumping on the bandwagon without Stewart. Unfortunately though I wish it were not so...I think Data is toast. :tear:

i voted no, for one i dont think there will be anymore TNG movies, two, someone had to die, so data did, three, datas in B4, think about it, this is STARTREK FICTION anythings possible. somehow that download between data and B4 will result in domething from data being implanted in B4, thus his mind will come out in B4. kinda like spocks whole being was transfered to bones, without his knowing it.

correct me if im wrong but isnt lore and lal's body stored somewhere??? i mean its not like we cant backup a harddrive then reinstal on a new computer right?? there is hope! when KITT got messed up they put him in a Viper didnt they?

Don't forget, the next Star Trek movie is supposedly going to involve the borg according to some pre-production stuff on a certain website... so if this is true, perhaps the borg queen will play a part in the Data story.

Are you talking about Star Trek Borg Experience that is currently filming? That is apparently something for Star Trek: The Experience in Vegas.

If that is not what you mean, please what is the certain website you are referring to.

i think he should be ressurected but only as b4 with datas memories and he just wont be the same. by the end of the movie the tng crew will realize that they are not doing data justice by keeping his memories in b4 so they will deactivate him.

I can't believe that he will never be seen again. Ther is just too much for him and his kind to do and give to SF and the Star Tek world as well, so i will be a worm and say YES, he will be back

Even if its just in a novel ( i know, not canon, but i'll take what i can get!)

I ain't heard no fat lady sing!

Of course, I am one of the worms in that can!! I voted yes he will come back... I agree with what Takara stated about the saying "If we don't see a body..."

And noone can ever change my point of view.Data is not dead, he will come back, and not through B4!

i think he should be ressurected but only as b4 with datas memories and he just wont be the same. by the end of the movie the tng crew will realize that they are not doing data justice by keeping his memories in b4 so they will deactivate him.

What about B4? That's just cold! :angry:

We don't agree very often, but this time I do agree CJLP! THat is cold about just deactivating B4. Bysty, don't you realize that even though B4 had Data's memories, he is a seperate person??? That would be like haveing twin children, one dies and the parents decide we need to get rid of the other twin because she/he reminds us too much of the deceased twin....that is truly sick!

We don't agree very often, but this time I do agree CJLP! THat is cold about just deactivating B4. Bysty, don't you realize that even though B4 had Data's memories, he is a seperate person??? That would be like haveing twin children, one dies and the parents decide we need to get rid of the other twin because she/he reminds us too much of the deceased twin....that is truly sick!

wow. sorry. then maybe b4 can die in a bold blaze of glory. i didnt think people would get so emotional about a deactivation. they did it in nemesis! lol. sorry if i offended you in any way. :lol:

wow. sorry. then maybe b4 can die in a bold blaze of glory. i didnt think people would get so emotional about a deactivation. they did it in nemesis! lol. sorry if i offended you in any way.  :lol:

Is A OK. I can understand not getting emotional about Data as he is only a machine/computer, but a magnificent one at that! However, what I don't understand, is how one can be emotional about Data, and then say B4 should be "turned off" becuase he won't become Data. How is B4 any less special than Data? They both have the same potential unless B4 goes psycho like Lore! YIKES! :angry:

If Data does get resurrected then it would be like a Search for Spock movie. Personally, I believe that Data is dead and gone. I really do not have any personal feelings for him since I am a Voyager Fan, but did see movies featuring Data such as First Contact. This actor for whatever reason probably does not want to come back to the Star Trek Universe, he might just want to retire. I think that he probably has becuase the master himself of TNG (Picard) went over to the other side (X Men). As a new fan of Star Trek (VOY and ENT), I dont think I would miss Data. For all of you hardcore fans, dont you think that some characters do need to die that has been apart of the legacy of Star Trek. Take a look at the almight Kirk. Data should just be always remembered and if it so happens that he returns to the big screen, then he will be welcomed by all.

i really don't understand how anyone could say at this late date that Data was "just a machine"

Are you just an "ugly bag of mostly water"?

i really don't understand how anyone could say at this late date that Data was "just a machine"

Are you just an "ugly bag of mostly water"?

Now now, there's no need to go calling people ugly! :laugh:

Data is just a machine, just as you and I are just biological entities with a soul and spirit, provided you believe in such things.

What's wrong with being just a machine? It's not an insult, I just call it as I see it.

that was a quote from an episode, i hope you remember...home soil i think..

anyway, the point is i don't think any person is JUST anything.

I am not Just a Star Trek Fan> i am a mother, wife, friend, daughter...you get the point.

If you say, just a person, that's one thing, but Just a machine sounds like, jsut pull the plug (if he had one) he's a toaster.

lol. 'bags of mostly water'. wasnt that on some tng episode? some flashing light entity said it.

anyways, maybe for the next movie lore will somehow be reactivated (i dont know if thats possible - i dont have any idea of what happened to him in the show. is he still out there?) and he will coerce b4 into being hating the tng crew and they will have to destroy them by the end of the movie. i just want the data things to be over with. i want brent spiner in one more movie, and then cut off all possibilities of him coming back. i love data, but we cant have a tng version of the search for spock.

Lore is damaged on a shelf somewhere and i imagine Data "took steps" To keep him there. wish he could come back, though....

I don't want a Search for Data movie, but i would like to see a way to bring him back that is not akin to him stepping out of the shower (dallas)

I totally agree with you Lessa. I wouldn't consider Data to be "just a machine" as early as season. Maybe when he was first activated but once he became sentient (and I don't mean in The Measure of a Man) he became much, much more that a "machine/computer". Data was more human than many people I know who supposedly are!!!

PS Lessa, I really am rubbing off on you (Dallas reference) :laugh:

people people, lets remember this is FRIENDLY posting lets not get too upset with one another. lol. and the part about us all be ugly bags of mostly water, not true after all my wife if a beautiful bag of mostly water. lol. lets remember were all friends in star trek. :laugh: :blink:

I totally agree with you Lessa.  I wouldn't consider Data to be "just a machine" as early as season.  Maybe when he was first activated but once he became sentient (and I don't mean in The Measure of a Man) he became much, much more that a "machine/computer".  Data was more human than many people I know who supposedly are!!! 

PS  Lessa, I really am rubbing off on you (Dallas reference) :laugh:

I agree..

And cptwright..I am not trying to start a fight..I just thought it was cruel(towards B4) how bysty worded his post is all.