Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Fourth And Final Season?

From Yahoo news

UPN Beams Up "Enterprise," Gibson

Thu May 20, 3:15 PM ET  Add Television - E! Online to My Yahoo!

By Kimberly Potts

There's good news and bad news for fans of Star Trek: Enterprise.

The good: The show will live on for another season, moving to a Friday night time slot, UPN announced Thursday at its annual upfront presentation in New York.

The bad: Despite the official pick-up, the buzz on sci-fi fan Websites is that the fourth season will be the ratings-challenged series' last ride on UPN.

Fansite SyFy Porta reports that, according to sources at Paramount, Enterprise producers Rick Berman and Brannon Braga were told to replace the show's long story arcs with shorter, two- and three-episode arcs, and to plan to make the fourth season finale work as the show's series finale, too.

Enterprise's move to Friday night will also launch a new night of original programming for UPN, which has relied on theatrical movies to fill out the fifth night of its schedule. The Star Trek spinoff will follow repeat episodes of the network's top-rated series, America's Top Model.

Yahoo

Obviously, if the show demonstrated an improvement in ratings they would probably keep it.

UPN was the worst thing to happen to Star Trek, they should have stayed in syndication - IMO

I'm not that surprised by this TUH..It's been in the back of my mind anyway..If it's true..Oh well..It was good while it lasted and they did have 4 good years..But as you said, if the ratings improve UPN may decide to keep it..I am still hopeful for a 7 year run..

Whatever happens Enterprise will still be the best show since The Next Generation and the Trek that got me excited about the franchise again.

You never know, if it gets cancelled then I would be happy to see it jump straight in to the hole that TNG seems to have left on the movie side of things.

The bad: Despite the official pick-up, the buzz on sci-fi fan Websites is that the fourth season will be the ratings-challenged series' last ride on UPN.

To me that says, "Fans in their homes don't think it's going to have a 5th season". I am pretty surprised that they would report rumor's from fan sites as if it is fact.

From Yahoo news

UPN Beams Up "Enterprise," Gibson

Thu May 20, 3:15 PM ET  Add Television - E! Online to My Yahoo!

By Kimberly Potts

There's good news and bad news for fans of Star Trek: Enterprise.

The good: The show will live on for another season, moving to a Friday night time slot, UPN announced Thursday at its annual upfront presentation in New York.

Fansite SyFy Porta reports that, according to sources at Paramount, Enterprise producers Rick Berman and Brannon Braga were told to replace the show's long story arcs with shorter, two- and three-episode arcs, and to plan to make the fourth season finale work as the show's series finale, too.

Enterprise's move to Friday night will also launch a new night of original programming for UPN, which has relied on theatrical movies to fill out the fifth night of its schedule. The Star Trek spinoff will follow repeat episodes of the network's top-rated series, America's Top Model.

Yahoo

Obviously, if the show demonstrated an improvement in ratings they would probably keep it.

UPN was the worst thing to happen to Star Trek, they should have stayed in syndication - IMO

Stayed in syndication? What are you talking about? Voyager basically launched UPN. They were nothing before the first run of Voyager episodes.

Stayed in syndication? What are you talking about? Voyager basically launched UPN. They were nothing before the first run of Voyager episodes.

I didn't say ST wasn't good for UPN... I said UPN wasn't good for ST. They lost some of their control and had to relent to Network oversight and/or pressue. IMO the quality of VOY and ENT suffered because of UPN.

So much for the Romulan war and founding of the UFP. :laugh:

Ya know, I'm quite dissapointed in Trek fans today. They used to fight for Trek, like fanbases do for other shows today that are threatened with cancellation. When we heard there were no plans for a DS9 nor VOY movie, did fans unite and campaign for one? No, they said, "Oh, it probably won't happen." With ENT's four season potentially being the last, fans are saying, "Welp, that was fun. Now whut?" What about the campaign to get season 4? Why not campaign for another network to pick up season 5?

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

So much for the Romulan war and founding of the UFP. :laugh:

I wouldn't give up so easily..The 4th season hasn't even started yet..Who knows what's going to happen ? UPN may keep them or they may go to the big screen with the Romulan war..Who knows what will happen ??..I'm still very excited about the 4th season of Enterprise.. :)

So much for the Romulan war and founding of the UFP. :)

I wouldn't give up so easily..The 4th season hasn't even started yet..Who knows what's going to happen ? UPN may keep them or they may go to the big screen with the Romulan war..Who knows what will happen ??..I'm still very excited about the 4th season of Enterprise.. :laugh:

As am I. They might have to compress everything into this fourth season so they can get what the wanted to end with. Hope it's worth it.

Edited by StarfleetMarine

Who knows what's going to happen ? UPN may keep them or they may go to the big screen with the Romulan war..Who knows what will happen

Aren't their reports of the next movie being a prequel of some kind?

The Romulan War and the founding of the UFP could be the subject of that movie.

If an enterprise movie is in the mix, then I wouldn't totally be against an early end for the T.V series. A movie series could jump start a new generation of fans and support for Trek.

Thats a bit pessimistic - the 4th season will be the last! Me. am hoping they go for all 7 seasons like the others. And I get totally fed up with all these people who do nothing but criticise Enterprise too - the early seasons of TNG, DS9 and Voyager were all a bit sluggish but they also improved as they went along. As for a movie I dont know, I wasn't a huge fan of either Generations or Insurrection but First Contact rocked and Nemesis was also good, so who knows maybe the next one in whichever guise it takes will be good too.

So much for the Romulan war and founding of the UFP. :P

Ya know, I'm quite dissapointed in Trek fans today.  They used to fight for Trek, like fanbases do for other shows today that are threatened with cancellation.  When we heard there were no plans for a DS9 nor VOY movie, did fans unite and campaign for one?  No, they said, "Oh, it probably won't happen."  With ENT's four season potentially being the last, fans are saying, "Welp, that was fun.  Now whut?"  What about the campaign to get season 4?  Why not campaign for another network to pick up season 5?

I'd join that campaign to keep Enterprise, just send me their address.

As for the Romulan War being a movie, that's kind of a large topic for a movie. The Dominion War lasted 2 seasons.

Personally speaking, I look forward to seasons 5, 6, and 7.

No matter what network it is broadcast on :grin:

So much for the Romulan war and founding of the UFP. :grin:

Ya know, I'm quite dissapointed in Trek fans today.  They used to fight for Trek, like fanbases do for other shows today that are threatened with cancellation.  When we heard there were no plans for a DS9 nor VOY movie, did fans unite and campaign for one?  No, they said, "Oh, it probably won't happen."  With ENT's four season potentially being the last, fans are saying, "Welp, that was fun.  Now whut?"  What about the campaign to get season 4?  Why not campaign for another network to pick up season 5?

As for the Romulan War being a movie, that's kind of a large topic for a movie. The Dominion War lasted 2 seasons.

They could tell the Romulan War over the coarse of 2-4 movies. :grin:

Not really. Nobody would have a clue if they missed any of them. I think a war is more interesting as a series and can show how the characters develop. A movie is better suited to one major event - perhaps the end of the war?

Not really. Nobody would have a clue if they missed any of them. I think a war is more interesting as a series and can show how the characters develop. A movie is better suited to one major event - perhaps the end of the war?

I agree that having the Romulin War featured in a couple of movies is a bad idea. I'll just wait and watch it unfold on the TV show over the next couple of seasons.