Sign in to follow this  
dark_moon_drago

Scaries Moment(s)

I'll share mine then you share yours. Well I have had quite a few happen to me but by far the scariest has to have been this:

When I was 10 I was out running around the woods with my dog and it was getting dark, which never really bothered me because I'm not afraid of the woods at night and I had my dog with me and he is part lab and shepered so hes fairly scary even if he is the sweetest thing you could find. Anyway we had gone to a part of the forest that we had never been in at night, mostly because of the fact that something keeps tearing deer and other animals into chunks almost nightly so yeah. But we came prepared that night, flash light, bb gun (what i was 10) and a throwing hatchet my dad gave me for my birthday. We stayed out all day exploring and about sunset this dense, thick feeling of dread, hate, sorrow and foreboding just fell around us as suddenly as anything. My dog just started to growl and his hackels raised up also, this didnt help matters much, the temp dropped about 20 degrees in a span of a minet. About that time I was terrified to the point of gripping the hatchet til my knuckles where white. Even thou I was scared near crudless we continued (having yanked my dog away from the spot he was in), alittle while on we came acrosst a dead deer. It was litterally split from neck to tail, it looked rather fresh due to the lack of flies so we must have surprised what ever killed it. And around the deer was fur and signs that it had not died peacefully. By that time it was dark enough to need the flash light. We heard something moving in the bushe needless to say we got outta ther elike a bat outta hell!!

Theres also the times that i came close to suicide

The feeling I get, Im not sure how to explain it like your brain is tingleing but something is pulling your gut down and your arms are weak, it scares the crud outta me.

ok your turn!

Edited by dark_moon_drago

Quite probably this morning, when I found a spider sitting on my faucet. A big one, a wolf spider--possibly an inch across. It wasn't moving; I was scared to touch it. I finally had to take a big shoe, crush it, and scrape the guts off with a credit card.

And yes, that's a lot scarier than anything else that's ever happened. I'm an arachnophobe, and I'm not half as scared of death as I am of spiders!

My biggest scares usually come on the highway. I've had some close calls, the way people drive scares me to death.

There have been times I've heard noises outside at night that were scary.

Edited to add:

I understand about spiders, I get pale and shaky just looking at one.

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

I don't know if I can top that, but if you're just referring to scary moments that really get your adrenaline going, it's gotta be my first and only car accident.

I was driving my mom and grandma home from Mother's Day dinner down an incredibly curvy road at late-evening. The road is carved into a rock face on one side and has a cliff on the other. I started to go around one of the tightest curves when a small fleet of racing motorcycles shot around the other side going at least double the speed limit, I'm guessing. One of them was passing the others on the outside, but couldn't get back into his lane. It felt like time slowed down; I remember saying, "he's not going to make it (back to his lane)."I slammed my brakes and he slid into my bumper. Granny said something like "he has to be dead" while Mom asked for my cell to call 911.

The scary part ended right then. He was fine, though his bike was heavily damaged. He was my age and stupid enough to RACE on that road in the WRONG LANE, and guess what?

He didn't have insurance!

Luckily, the way he slid into us, the damage to the car was minimal; no big deal. It was still pretty scary when it first happened, though.

A couple of years ago I lived in an old farmhouse in Gloucester. My little sister had lent us her 4 wheeler at the time.

My friend Sanders had come down to see me one weekend. As usual we got utterly smashed and decided in our drunken haze to take the 4 wheeler out for a spin. The farmhouse I lived in was surrounded by literally miles of unbroken forest.

About 3 or 4 hours after entering the forest, we realized that we had no idea we were, but we didn't care. A little while later we had gotten the 4 wheeler wedged in between 2 trees- and when I say wedged I mean it was as if we had picked the vehicle up and set it down right in between 2 trees that just happened to be the exact length of it. We were totally stuck.

It was at that time that I saw the skeleton. Sanders maintains that it was a deer carcass, but it looked like a human skeleton too me. Needless to say I started freaking out. I started yelling at Sanders to get us out of there and he started yelling at me to calm down. We managed to free the 4 wheeler and followed the full moon until we made it back to my house- but that night still haunts me.

A few years before the Gloucester Skeleton episode I had an equally frightning episode. This one took place in Fork Union, VA.

My friend Cumbo lived on an estate that had been occupied since before the American Revolution (the main house of the estate was designed by T. Jefferson- our clandestine visit to that house is a whole other post.) His dad was a landscape architech on the property so we pretty much had the run of the land.

Hale-Bopp was prominent in the skies that night. We decided to camp out on the banks of the James that night, and take some acid. Our camp site was surrounded by literally miles of cornfields. Well, I was tripping pretty hard when my buddy Ben suggested we take a walk through the cornfields. We walked for a long time before I realized that I had no clue where we were. I mentioned this to Ben and he said he hadn't been paying attention and had no idea where we were either! We decided the best idea was to try and determine the direction the corn started thinning out- because this would at least get us out of the maze we were in. After an indeterminate amount of time we escaped from the corn- into a strange clearing.

We were surrounded by woods but seemed to be in a man-made clearing, because it was square. We could hear the river from here- so we decided to follow it back to our friends. When we got back I told Cumbo about where we ended up. He non-chalantly told me that we had ended up smack dab in the middle of the extensive slave graveyard. I was freaked out for a while after that.

I would say my wedding night was a scary event but my mother acting like a she-ape the next day when I told her I married a stranger was far scarier and definitely more dangerous. It's been 16 years and I stilll get the shakes thinking about it.

I'll share mine then you share yours. Well I have had quite a few happen to me but by far the scariest has to have been this:

When I was 10 I was out running around the woods with my dog and it was getting dark, which never really bothered me because I'm not afraid of the woods at night and I had my dog with me and he is part lab and shepered so hes fairly scary even if he is the sweetest thing you could find. Anyway we had gone to a part of the forest that we had never been in at night, mostly because of the fact that something keeps tearing deer and other animals into chunks almost nightly so yeah. But we came prepared that night, flash light, bb gun (what i was 10) and a throwing hatchet my dad gave me for my birthday. We stayed out all day exploring and about sunset this dense, thick feeling of dread, hate, sorrow and foreboding just fell around us as suddenly as anything. My dog just started to growl and his hackels raised up also, this didnt help matters much, the temp dropped about 20 degrees in a span of a minet. About that time I was terrified to the point of gripping the hatchet til my knuckles where white. Even thou I was scared near crudless we continued (having yanked my dog away from the spot he was in), alittle while on we came acrosst a dead deer. It was litterally split from neck to tail, it looked rather fresh due to the lack of flies so we must have surprised what ever killed it. And around the deer was fur and signs that it had not died peacefully. By that time it was dark enough to need the flash light. We heard something moving in the bushe needless to say we got outta ther elike a bat outta hell!!

Ya know... ya could'a gotten yourself killed that night. It could have been a mountain lion, hiennas (spelling?), a bear, wild dogs, or anything, depending on where you live. You're also lucky you didn't get yourself lost in the woods. You were, however, smart to have your dog with ya. However, you could have been killed quite easilly when you found the dear. Predators usually kill to defend their food. I hope you learned your lesson!

As for my scarriest moment... Um... hmm... well... I'll get back to you. :laugh: