Sign in to follow this  
cyphrx

What's the worst Star Trek book you've read

I believe there was a tome written by Majel-Barrett Roddenberry,which I checked out of the library on Cantus IV and read.It was quite simply deplorable!The book implied that the Federation kept the children and loved ones of all member worlds' leaders on a single planet under threat of death if their homeworld began a conflict or some such nonsense..really!The UFP has never been,nor will ever be so barbaric.Also,the book was overtly sexual.Too much so for a TOS novel,or any Trek novel.It should never have been published I dare say.

:o Wow...is that really a book,or are you role playing? Also what was the title again? Out of shear curiosity I'd like to check out this book.

Edited by cyphrx

I believe there was a tome written by Majel-Barrett Roddenberry,which I checked out of the library on Cantus IV and read.It was quite simply deplorable!The book implied that the Federation kept the children and loved ones of all member worlds' leaders on a single planet under threat of death if their homeworld began a conflict or some such nonsense..really!The UFP has never been,nor will ever be so barbaric.Also,the book was overtly sexual.Too much so for a TOS novel,or any Trek novel.It should never have been published I dare say.

:o Wow...is that really a book,or are you role playing? Also what was the title again? Out of shear curiosity I'd like to check out this book.

I think I know what book he's talking about.Majel wrote one of the Trek (TOS) Pocket Books novels.Its either "Dwellers In The Crucible" or "Pawns and Symbols".Its been so long since I read those two that I can't really say what the specifics were.Majel's book was odd,though.I have vague memories of Klingons kidnapping some Federation citizens (diplomats relatives or something?),one of them was a Vulcan,there was a human and a few deltans.Man,I wish I could remember more.There was something about the Klingons either threatening to have their way with the Vulcan girl but settling for the deltans or ....oh,I don't know.I was like 13 or 14 when i read them.Help me out here "Ambassador".

Edited by admiralpeewee

Thanks man, I'm going to find this book and scrutinize it with all it's odd continuity altercations. I wouldn't expect anything like this from Majel Barrett.