Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Favorite Season 1 DS9 Episode

What is your favorite episode from Season 1 of DS9?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite episode from Season 1 of DS9?

• Emissary
    • Past Prologue
    • A Man Alone
    • Babel
    • Captive Pursuit
    • Q-Less
    • Dax
    • The Passenger
    • Move Along Home
    • The Nagus
    • Vortex
    • Battle Lines
    • The Storyteller
    • Progress
    • If Wishes Were Horses
    • The Forsaken
    • Dramatis Personae
    • Duet
    • In the Hands of the Prophets

Q Less and The Nagus were more fun; Duet was more interesting.

Tough choice. :waaaa:

I think Q-less was my fav DS9 season 1 episode but i also liked the Dax episode :waaaa:

I especially like both The Emissary and Q-Less, but I have to go with Move Along Home. I'm not even certain why; I just love it. :waaaa:

I enjoy the episode 'Progress'..I like the character of Mullibok and the interaction between him and Kira..

Other favs include Q-Less, Past Prologue and Captive Pursuit..

I liked Move Along Home. That was funny! I like any episode where Quark gets in really big trouble, even if it is only for a time.

I liked the Emissary...when it aired and in retrospect. I remember when it aired I was so curious about what was going on, but I knew this would be something different because the focus was on a man getting past the pain of a past loss. It also had a strong family focus. In retropsect I liked it because the series took the time to develop each of the strands opened up that first day.

Favorite Season 1 DS9 Episodes!

=====================

1. "Emissary" I-II

2."Past Prologue"

3."Captive Pursuit" ("first Alien visitor

from the Gamma Quadrant")

4."Q-Less"

5."Dax"

6."The Nagus"

7."If Wishes Were Horses"

8."In The Hands of The Prophets"

======================

:hug::hug: <_< <_<

:) B) B) B)

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

I liked the Emissary...when it aired and in retrospect. I remember when it aired I was so curious about what was going on, but I knew this would be something different because the focus was on a man getting past the pain of a past loss. It also had a strong family focus. In retropsect I liked it because the series took the time to develop each of the strands opened up that first day.

Yeah, I remember the night it aired too. I watched it twice, once in real time while it aired and again right after it aired on Tape. The thing that stuck out to me at that time, other then how good it was was Sisko's reactions to Picard. That whole interaction early in part I was so "out of character" for Star Trek and was quite refreshing. To see a man being angry with another to the point of visible and audible anger bordering on almost hatred. Then at the end that anger has dissipated and the tone is much softer. It was a great way to start the series and is one of the reasons for it's "Darker Trek" label.

I also think it may be one reason that hardcore TNGers didn't take to the series. The beloved Cpt. Picard was being snubbed by a Commander who seemingly didn't even want to be in Starfleet anymore. The funny thing is though, that now years later they (the hardcore TNGers that disowned DS9) are getting the DVD's and falling in love.

My favorite is "The Nagus" because it stars the guy from Princess Bride as the Nagus

INCONCEVABLE!!!

I picked Emmisary.

It introduced us to the main people in the show.

I also think it may be one reason that hardcore TNGers didn't take to the series. The beloved Cpt. Picard was being snubbed by a Commander who seemingly didn't even want to be in Starfleet anymore.  The funny thing is though, that now years later they (the hardcore TNGers that disowned DS9) are getting the DVD's and falling in love.

I don't know why I did not watch DS9 as faithfully as I watched other series...after the first couple of years, I would miss about five or six shows a season...it was sporadic watching. Now that I am beginning to fill in some gaps I have decided that Deep Space Nine is a good name for the series because many of the episodes are "deep." I think that is why it is being rediscovered---there is a lot to think about. And the Ferengi episodes are pretty entertaining. TOS is still my favorite series though.

I had to go with Q-Less because it was a good episode and i thought the best in the season.

Edited by Tal Shiar 8472

My favorite DS9 seasoa 1 episodes:

1. Emissary - great series introduction

2. Past Prologue - Kira's underground past

3. Dax - Curzon a murderer?

4 In the Hands of the Prophets - 2 vedek's, more trouble

5. Move Along Home - Quark messes up

6. Q-less - Q and Vash

7. Nagus - Quark as Nagus