Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "zero Hour"?

What rating would you give "Zero Hour" out of 10?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Zero Hour" out of 10?

A great episode definitely a 10.

Click for Spoiler:

I don't think the Nazi monster was a Reman, I don't remember them having glowing blue eyes. He could be "Future Guy" or a totally new enemy. Daniels needs to zap me to Sept. so I can find out.

It was good but the ending is going to send us for another long long arc...

I'll give this episode a 9.5.... I'm disappointed it didn't get a 10.

Click for Spoiler:

After riding with this arc the full fledged 26 or so episodes. Bottom line: Even though the arc itself was really long.....THE VERY END SEEMED RUSHED. If they could have just made the finale two hours long... delayed the destruction of the weapon a little longer (it seemed rushed in this last episode). However the scenes themselves were really good.

Speaking of the ending, we didn't even get to see Shran after the weapon was destroyed!?!?! What happened to him? What did he have to say about Archer?

If Enterprise had traveled back in time....wouldn't the stars be out of place like we saw 3 episodes ago?? Surely Travis would have picked that up. And here is where I'll stop with the continuity rant because it does not good.

I'll say this...if the writers had ended it on a non-cliffhanger note, I might have also been disappointed, because then it would have been like a Voyager returns to Earth type scenario. However, the ending was not final, reaffirming that Enterprise will continue on new missions. It was all a little strange, but of course I'll continue thinking that until next couple of episodes in the fall. Its was a rough transition, but a transition none the less.

I'm glad Archer didn't just show up on Shran's ship at the end. That would have been a little bit too easy. And I'm also glad to see that no one important died.

Somehow, I think Future Guy has something to do with this whole displacement matter (Daniels too).

Bring on season 4!!!!!!!!!!!!

To Quote Steve Martin and Bill Murray,

"What is that?!"

"What the heck is that thing?!"

"Oh I know what it is. Its......What the heck is it?"

I give it a strong 9.

Click for Spoiler:

Still in shock from the ending. Alternate Universe? Timeline Manipulation? Frickin paradoxes again!!! My head already hurts.

And you gotta wonder when Scott's gonna get fed up and say enough of this time leaping already! I came on this show to do something different.

Things I loved:

Finally, finally we get to see some real reaction from the Senior Staff about what happened to Archer, especially Trip and T'Pol. Great angst without being too sappy. I'm finally really begining to get that they all care deeply for each other.

T'Pol telling Trip that it isn't just about Earth anymore.

Archer and Hoshi, how he can pull the best from his people. And he got his crew out, too.

Malcolm kicking lizard butt.

Archer taking out the bad lizard. Great fight scene and he so needed to die.

:(

But that big gray thing? Didn't his eyes glow? Was he a Go'auld or what? :(

10 out of 10...I loved it and as crazy as its makes me I love a good cliffhanger....

Click for Spoiler:

I knew Archer had to be alive...I thought maybe Shran had saved him but they got us all stumped I think and now we're all hanging real good!

WOW!

Click for Spoiler:

okay, here's a pic of a P-51, tell me if this looked like the planes that attacked the Shuttlepod?

P51-MM-01a.jpg

I think so....from what I remember that's them...it was fast and and I was on

the edge og my seat.... :(

I vote: 10

Here's my post from my own ENT forum:

Click for Spoiler:

Oh, wow! This was such a great episode! :o The fight between Archer and the Xindi Commander was astounding, and boy oh boy did Archer get the crap beat out of him! I was quite happy to see that Hoshi survived the last two episodes, despite her extreme torture. As for the whole Sphere Builer part of the episode, I thought the Enterprise was gonna bite the dust destroying that sphere, go Trip! :(  Due to the internet rumors, I started to think that Archer actually died in the explossion, but with seven minutes left, I just assumed that we'd get a happy ending at Earth, learning that Daniels had saved Archer through one of his spiffy time portals. Now the NX-01 is stuck in the past durring WWII, with Archer in a Nazi Interment Camp. What the heck? :( Oh, and I almost forgot! What the heck was that alien in a Nazi uniform? Did anyone else think he looked like a Reman? :(

Some one said the 4th season starts on 10 Septemeber?  I hope so that's my birthday!  Cake, icecream, and Archer/Porthos.  It can't get any better!!! :(

Your birthday too huh? Have fun.

i thought it was flying high-pegging 9 right up to the end...where it nose-dived off a cliff with that weird "cliff-hanger want-to-b" time messed up stuff...gave it a 6-and that was for trying and mostly for T'Pol petting poor little Porthos.

I gave it a whole whopping 3, and I think that was generous!!!

Click for Spoiler:

I would have given it a 9 if it werent for that d*mned ending. I want to know how this alternate timeline thing is supposed to come about from the destruction of the Xindi weapon.

Alien Nazi soldier... Humph. The ending could have been a lot better and I hope that this timeline dosent spark another arc of episodes based on getting back into their timeline. If it does then I hope that Paramount does not renue another season!!!

That's possible about the Nazis dominating Earth. Please explain the aliens there?

Click for Spoiler:

If time were altered so much that when I awoke to see someone like a Suliban staring at me, I think I would have a heart attack. If this is the future of Earth because Capt. Archer just had to destroy the bomb himself then I would knock him over the head and carry him out of harms way. The Captain's place is aboard his or her ship not on Away Missions unless it is absolutely called for.

Click for Spoiler:

If Captain Archer had followed orders then they would not be in this type of perdicument that they are in now. As some would say " Where is the fun in that?"

the whole time thing has been "the" total problem with this show...they can't even stay consistent "within" the show...(1) first time Danial pulls Archer out of time-line...the future is destroyed(and the effect is instant...presto..buildings in ruins...no future (2) Danials comes back... Archer's asks him "what's the future...can't u tell me...he said something like...the effects havent caught up to the future yet...you're off the map(great way of saying the writers haven't got that far!) (3) Brings Archer to Enterprise J- show's him the future/ by the way what happened to the Tempral Prime Directive? (4) for some unknown reason...the past is now messed up...which would also mean the "whole" future is messed up! And I don't think Danials would take Archer and a bad guy to the past.. The whole "sphere builders" from the future threating Earth...was just sad...Why didn't kirk or Picard or Janeway ever mention the "threat" and why wasn't Starfleet preparing for it..if they knew from Archer that it was coming.....it's just keeps going and going.....

I gave this one an 8

Click for Spoiler:

The show was great and I really liked shran coming in to help we are no longer even you owe me one. But what the beep was that ending. Are we now on sliders. You can really take that ending more than one way. You can see they went back in time or the time line has changed and I will have to look again but that guy at the end did look remen.

(I didn't have time to read each post so forvive me for repeating things :bow: .)

First 55 minutes: 9.8!

Last 5 minutes: 2.0 :( :( :o

As I said on another board, "WHOEVER WROTE THAT ENDING SHOULD DIE! ,,, or at least be fired."

Click for Spoiler:

The Good:

ship scenes

decent acting

tied up last eps loose ends fairly well

Shran!!! I actually yelled at the tv when he showed up. :(

suspense

FX during the intruder scenes

The Bad:

predictable at times

Shran should have been shown after the weapon's destruction -- maybe next season

No NX-02? Ot should be completed by now. :clap: What about those other Earth defense ships?

THE ENDING!!! What the heck?!? It was completely and utterly unnecessary. I agree with two comments I read: It was either writers' block or Braga is trying to screw the show up before he leaves. I'll give it a chance, but that ticked me off. :clap:

IMO, Archer should've shown up on Shran's ship after the weapon exploded.

The Ugly:

That Nazi/Reman/mutated-smurf guy. :bow:

Great episode. Loved the ending.

But I can't give it a 10/10 since they could have easily had a couple of Starfleet vessels in Sharans place.

9.5/10

What were Nazis doing in the San Fransico Bay area let alone America?  The Nazis never came on American soil in World War II.

Those were American P-51 Mustangs that fired on the shuttle pod.

But I can't give it a 10/10 since they could have easily had a couple of Starfleet vessels in Sharans place.

9.5/10

They could have had Starfleet there rather then Shran, that's true. But this way we get to see Jeffery Combs again, Shran is back in the picture and the Andorian/Human relationship continues to grow.

Click for Spoiler:

Think back to what Shran said while the fighting was going on. "Tell Archer that we're no longer even. Now he owes me!" So Shran's motivation wasn't to pay the pink skins back for a past favor. At this point they are on even footing. The statement of "Now he owes me!" in an indication that Shran believes that there will be positive future interaction between his people and humans.

So for this one episode, yes they could have used the NX-02 or other starfleet ships, but that wouldn't have addressed the future. I think they are setting up the Federation nicely.

9.5/10

They could have had Starfleet there rather then Shran, that's true. But this way we get to see Jeffery Combs again, Shran is back in the picture and the Andorian/Human relationship continues to grow.

Click for Spoiler:

Think back to what Shran said while the fighting was going on. "Tell Archer that we're no longer even. Now he owes me!" So Shran's motivation wasn't to pay the pink skins back for a past favor. At this point they are on even footing. The statement of "Now he owes me!" in an indication that Shran believes that there will be positive future interaction between his people and humans.

So for this one episode, yes they could have used the NX-02 or other starfleet ships, but that wouldn't have addressed the future. I think they are setting up the Federation nicely.

this is true..but they could have had a Vulcan ship along side it and a few small earth ships...and show the nx-2 being "tractor-towed to safety" to keep it from being destroyed.

I love it! What a great cliffhanger!!!! There's nothing better than a big what tha? :( at the end of a season. Yes! Please leave me a wonderin rather than a neat little package tied in a bow. Kisses and hugs everyone's so happy...Yuck! I personally love time travel episodes and I don't mind it one bit that we have some more obstacles to overcome until we can park are little bottoms in dry dock.

Click for Spoiler:

I am not quite understanding why everyone is so upset about this twist. We'll just have to wait and see weather or not this is a good move or bad as far as the writing goes. How can you judge when you don't know how the story ends? I couldn't tell by the shot of the San Francisco Bay if anything looked abnormal for World War II era. I saw the Golden Gate but not the Bay bridge so I don't know why Travis thought everything looked normal. I also wasn't under the impression that the Nazi's were in the Bay Area. They are most likely in Europe somewhere.

Click for Spoiler:

I was happy to see all the characters getting decent screen time. The appearance of Shran was great but I did feel we should of saw him one more time before the end of the episode.I am pretty sure he must of had something to do with Archer's escape so they must be leaving that info for next season. I will say I was really touched how T'Pol was telling Porthos how the Dr. said he would be o.k. in time. I could tell she was reassuring herself more than the dog. It was really sweet.

This episode was exhilarating, suspenseful, and captivating. I had to watch it twice just to get it all in. I gave it a 9.5.

Archer out

I gave it a 9.5. I had a feeling that something weird was going to happen, but what happened is almost too weird!

8.5 - I would have given it a ten but for the ending. I read they filmed three possible endings - they should have picked door #2.

The ending also seemed reminiscent of the Planet of the Apes remake ending - it appeared tacked on unrelated to the plot.

Click for Spoiler:

Did anyone notice the Stardate was Feb 14, when Trip and T'Pol had their little age discussion.

I still don't like T'Pol - but she did seem to get real serious about the mission once Vulcan was at risk.

I too wondered why no one picked up on archetectural differences in San Francisco

I also wondered why Earth wouldn't have had constant patrols of surrounding space and armed space stations since they knew a future attack was coming. I can't believe they would leave the entire fate of the planet to one plan.

That ending just made no sense - did someone take another trip back in time to change the timeline? Why didn't Enterprise disappear - in TNG they explained this by the Enterprise being caught in the temporal vortex?

Also, what is to keep the guardians from repeatedly going back and trying again? from continually resetting the timeline?

And I did like that scene where Archer put the explosive device on the Reptile. (a little reminescent of a scene in Battlefied Earth but still a good manuever.)

I gave this episode a 9. I loved it; it was excellent. However, the end was a bit confusing at first. I cannot wait until season four!

OHHHHHH MAANNNNNNN! I gave it a 10. A big 1111111111111111100000000000000

Thatepisode was the best and biggest Season Finale bang I have ever seen on a Star Trek series. All other season finales were predictable but this was amazing. The Nazi's, Archer still alive.. I loved it...

I think it deserves a 10!

Guest Mike_Hines01

I gave this episode a 10, I loved it, some great action and suspense all through the episode. The only downside to it, I'm gonna go nuts trying to figure out what that ending was all about. :(

Sign in to follow this