Sign in to follow this  
Lessa_Soong

And what of Lore?

I think he could be a productive member of soceity and keep his memories. I mean, plenty of real people can have a complete turn around. Plus, I know that if I was told about lots of stuff that I did, but had no memory of it I know I'd go nuts. Heck, I was creeped out this one time when I was drunk, went to sleep, then someone told me that I got up and walked around for just a few seconds, fell down, and went back to sleep, and I had just thought that I dozed off. It's really scary to know about things that you did, when you don't remember doing them. But I digress.

Our experiences make us who we are, we learn from the things we did in the past. Maybe Lore could have learned from his past.

Lore was a TERRIFIC villain and character :lol:

Turning him into a nice guy would be horrible.

I LOVED that scene when he was called to Soong's planet with Data. Soong left the room because he was tired leaving Data and Lore alone. Then Lore turns to look at Data and smiles, and you just KNEW he was going to do something evil.

Just for the fun of it!!! :lol:

Edited by The King

Lore was a TERRIFIC villain and character  :lol:

Turning him into a nice guy would be horrible.

I LOVED that scene when he was called to Soong's planet with Data. Soong left the room because he was tired leaving Data and Lore alone. Then Lore turns to look at Data and smiles, and you just KNEW he was going to do something evil.

Just for the fun of it!!! :lol:

299407[/snapback]

Who said anything about turning him into a nice guy? Lessa Soong and I have written a few stories where Lore is "fixed" but he ain't no Data - that's for sure. He has to be a bad boy to be Lore but within the limits of lawfullness, that's all.

Lore without his smirk - well, just deactivate ME now!! LOL

Who said anything about turning him into a nice guy?

"Q Stole By Bike" said he could be a productive member of society. For me, that means "nice guy". :lol:

Lessa Soong and I have written a few stories where Lore is "fixed" but he ain't no Data - that's for sure. He has to be a bad boy to be Lore but within the limits of lawfullness, that's all.

I never read fan-fics. I don't like them. I think the actual show presented him in the best way as an evil villain. :lol:

Edited by The King

He's also a warning that you should never build a machine with the ability to break a person in half, with human emotions. <_<

Bad idea. :nono:

Besides, Data was the better character. He was more interesting without emotions.

Data was basically "Robo-Spock".

Edited by The King

Yillara_Soong, not only would the fate of Lore make a great book, but I thought that it would have made Nemesis more interesting if we saw Lore as Shinzon's willing ally instead of poor naive B4 as his puppet.

299387[/snapback]

That would have probably been a good addition. I still think finding B4 could have still been in there though, but to see Lore in the movie would have been interesting.

He has to be a bad boy to be Lore but within the limits of lawfullness, that's all.

Within the limits of lawfullness would definately be a fine change there.

Lore now stacks shelves in a supermarket. Hard times since TNG...

302536[/snapback]

But don't ask him where an item is, he'll just smirk and tell you the wrong place.

Lore now stacks shelves in a supermarket. Hard times since TNG...

302536[/snapback]

But don't ask him where an item is, he'll just smirk and tell you the wrong place.

302544[/snapback]

*snicker* :biggrin: Funny one, guys!

I think Lore would have needed "work" to be a part of society, but I don't want that done to him.

He was a perfect villian.

Sometimes he through me into fits of giggles with just a look.

Lore was perfect in his own bizarre way.

Since Data kept the dismantled Lore along with the remains of Lal and his "mother" on board the Enterprise-D, they were all probably destroyed when the ship was destroyed.

Since Data kept the dismantled Lore along with the remains of Lal and his "mother" on board the Enterprise-D, they were all probably destroyed when the ship was destroyed.

317354[/snapback]

That could be true, but not all decks were critically damaged. It would depend on the exact location of Data's lab on the ship, and if that deck was destroyed or merely sustained damage. So they very well could be alright, and now on the Ent-E.

317354[/snapback]

That could be true, but not all decks were critically damaged. It would depend on the exact location of Data's lab on the ship, and if that deck was destroyed or merely sustained damage. So they very well could be alright, and now on the Ent-E.

317505[/snapback]

I don't think they would be on the Enterprise-E. I bet Starfleet would try to get to the lab before other people so they could take the parts back with them to Starfleet engineering and R&D.

317354[/snapback]

317505[/snapback]

I don't think they would be on the Enterprise-E. I bet Starfleet would try to get to the lab before other people so they could take the parts back with them to Starfleet engineering and R&D.

317518[/snapback]

Yes, but then that brings up the question on whether or not they gained permission from Data. He does not have to let them take his family members remains for R&D. So even if they removed them without prior knowledge they would once again face a court trial more than likely. Plus, it was determined in the end of "Measure of a Man", and brought up again in "The Offspring" and touched upon in "Data's Day" that he would work with Maddox & the Daystrom Institute by corresponding with them. Not to mention in "The Offspring" he attended that cybernetics conference..which again would more than likely allow them to work together. I am sure there are some unsavory types that would seek to gain something from getting ahold of the bodies of Lore and Lal..... but, more than likely they(meaning the Daystrom Inst. people) would not do that.

And there is no CANON evidence that says that Dr. Juliana O'Donnell Soong-Tainer has ever died. So like was discussed before, her "remains" would not be on board because she is not yet deceased. I say no Canon evidence, because her "death" was mentioned as a part of the storyline of the TNG novel "Immortal Coil" and being from a book is not canon.

Data's mother died in the episode "Inheritance". Therefore, it is canon.

Edited by Kor37

Data's mother did not die in Inheritance. That is when Data found out that she was an android and continued the "lie" that she was living a normal human life. The real Juliana Soong died long before Inheritance.

Now in Immortal Coil is the only place where you read about Juliana Soong's death and place on the Enterprise E. Since Immortal Coil is a book it is not cannon.

Now in Immortal Coil is the only place where you read about Juliana Soong's death and place on the Enterprise E.  Since Immortal Coil  is a book it is not cannon.

317529[/snapback]

And the same can be said about Lore. The location of Lore was only mentioned in a book. There is nothing in canon as to what happened to him after he was disassembled by Starfleet (if you watch Descent Part II, it is not Data who disassembled Lore). As well, Data never said what he did with Lal's body in any episode or movie - again nothing in canon about her location after death.

certain parets of lore were used in the scrap compacter at starfleet. Everynow and then it producees life sized effegies of data with accompanying wounds. The last one though was strange, data was in pieces.

Heres a question for you.....Was it the real Juliana Soong or the android one that helped create Data?

Heres a question for you.....Was it the real Juliana Soong or the android one that helped create Data?

317719[/snapback]

It was the real Juliana. Noonien Soong told Data that Juliana died from injuries she received when the Crystalline Entity attacked which was after Data was created.

uh...i think it was the robot.

317790[/snapback]

And Chi, I don't mean to sound patronizing or anything but to quote Data "I am an android, not a robot."

If, before his untimely (say it ain't so!!) death, Data took it upon himself to fix the damage done to Lore by the phaser fire at the end of Decent, and then fix the problem that their father did not live long enough to repair...

do you think Lore could have lived to become a productive member of the galaxy WITH his memory of his old life intact or would it have been necessary to wipe his memory and start over.

17477[/snapback]

Hmm, I don't know if you could ever trust my brother. :wow:

:wow:  :wow:  :nono:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :wow:  :dude:  :P

318041[/snapback]

What It is evil! If I was anyone else then i would have been exspelled for violence. But I belive that basicaly why should i ruin my life for them. And brents arm hair. mmmm.

But Yeah I love lore!

I hate Lore I feel sorry for Dara !!

edit: Dats

edit 2: Data

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx