Sign in to follow this  
Ace

New Schedule

What are your thoughts on ENT's new competition? Do we have a better chance, or did UPN send the show there to kill it? We're going up against some pretty strong shows; take a look:

TV grid

Honestly, I'm a little worried. JAG's the Friday juggernaut, Third Watch was sent to Fridays to die, but is now doing very well, Reba is one of the WB's strongest shows, and the ABC comedy block may do well with 8 Simple Rules as the 8pm lead-in.

I think it will do as well as it does on Wednesday & not really effect it. Star Trek fans culd look at it as a good lead in to "Trek Uncut" on Spike. Star Trek fans who like the show will watch it no matter what. I think the only thing really keeping ENT down is it being on UPN.

Personally, I prefer Wednesdays at 8pm....

Reason being, some people like to go out Friday night after a long week of work. Of course, I could always get a VCR!

It doesn't really matter, I'll find time to watch Enterprise, regardless of what time it airs.

Finally there will be something good on Friday nights. :lol:

Really though it doesn't matter to me which night they air as long as they do air. I'm not worried about them putting it on Friday as a means of killing it; if they wanted it dead it would be.

I like to think of the move as just more basher bait; the bashers are probably doing more to keep it on the air than they realise. :P I think ENTERPRISE is bulletproof.

The best possible reason for the move is the producers confidence in the area of material ENT is coming upon, they figure it's good enough to stand against those other Friday night heavy hitters.

Edited by Alterego

Personally, I prefer Wednesdays at 8pm....

Reason being, some people like to go out Friday night after a long week of work.  Of course, I could always get a VCR!

It doesn't really matter, I'll find time to watch Enterprise, regardless of what time it airs.

I can't agree with you more. After a week of school, I try to have a social life Fridays, not Star Trek.

It doesn't bother me that its moved to Fridays, I'll still watch it. To me there is nothing worth watching on Friday nights anyway so now I have a reason to watch on that night.

I think it will do as well as it does on Wednesday & not really effect it. Star Trek fans culd look at it as a good lead in to "Trek Uncut" on Spike. Star Trek fans who like the show will watch it no matter what. I think the only thing really keeping ENT down is it being on UPN.

ARG!!!! I didn't thonk of that til now. Trek uncut is at 8, 9, and 10. I'd miss the first part of all the two-parters, and I'm still building my DS9 collection. Darnit! :P

Ace, you only listed the network programs that were competition. I watch more cable than network. I don't get UPN in the normal timeframe so it's irrelevant to me personally but I am worried about how the timeslot will affect other viewers.

I know. I didn't have a link to a non-main network schedule at the time. :P

While it could fare well against other network programming. My only concern is it will now be going up against the SciFi Channels Friday Block of Stargate:SG1 and Stargate:Atlantis.

While it could fare well against other network programming. My only concern is it will now be going up against the SciFi Channels Friday Block of Stargate:SG1 and Stargate:Atlantis.

I agree Stargate is the most likely competition in the Scifi genre. I will watch scifi over anything else if it's a choice between scifi and non-scifi - but a choice between the two best scifi shows on TV - now that's hard.

I like the new time. I don't think ABC and WB are any real threat to the demographic Enterprise targets. JAG and Thrid Watch will probably be the greatest competition but I don't see it being too bad. It may be tough but this slot is a lot better than competing with American Idol and Smallville.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

I'm glad they moved it to Friday night. Usually on all the satelite channels I have I can't find anything worth watching. I rarely watch ABC, CBS, or NBC because reality shows suck, sitcoms are getting stale and lack imagination, and news shows are a bore. I usually end up on the computer, watching Court Tv, or Nick at Night. Welcome Dear Enterprise to Friday night!!! :P

The schedule change doesn't bother me so much. I don't have a chance to go out until Saturdays anyway so it's not a problem. I wouldn't worry so much about SG-1 since it's on a pay channel. SG-1 is rerun I believe at 11 or 12 on Fridays. Both showings count in tabulation for cable ratings. It won't be as much of a problem as people fear. At least ENT won't have to deal with American Idol anymore. Some people will be going out, true, but it all evens out in the end. Some shows are sent to Friday to die and they die. Some, like JAG and Law and Order survive even if the ratings aren't entirely through the roof. It's a crap shoot. Joan of Arcadia actually found an audience on Fridays. It happens. I'm much more concerned with the going out factor than the SG-1 factor. Remember way back when in September when Smallville was supposed to be the death of ENT? That sure didn't happen. Smallville's ratings dropped like a rock all year. AI hit it pretty hard.

Truth is there is something to compete with every night of the week. No timeslot is ideal anymore. Personally, I wish ENT was on a pay channel like sci-fi or Spike myself. UPN is a sinkhole. The ladies at the ENT Project did some checking and UPN is down to under 80 percent coverage nationwide. Some put it as low as only 70 percent. I know plenty of viewers on-line who don't have UPN. It's just pathetic. It's great that they go out of their way to watch ENT on FOX or wherever at midnight on the weekends but it sure would be nice if those numbers counted, you know? On a pay channel they will be tabulated. On a network they don't. The network is given the numbers, but the Nielsens don't count them and the network only considers official Nielsens since it's a question of how much the advertisers who advertise during the regular air time pay for ads. That's the way it's set up. The system is highly flawed. We've asked people in the UPN office. They don't count. That factor can't be overcome no matter what night ENT airs because UPN SUCKS!! :naughty: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Will ENT make it on Fridays? Only time will tell.

I have to confess that I watched JAG regularly until it moved to Friday nights. However, JAG is not Star Trek! I will be there ( or my VCR will). I think the problem is that Enterprise has to have more good episodes, like they did this season.

I have TiVo so it does not matter alot to me when it is on, but I don't work wednesdays so it was nice to be able to watch it then, but I am working to change my shedule so I work day shift anyway so again not a problem. But honestly I rarely end up watching it as it airs anyway, I usually do not with most shows as I hate commercials and the TiVo has this wonderful feature called fast forward. LOL.

I think the duo of JoA and JAG on Fridays will be tough for Enterprise to overcome.

Who knows however, I am just glad I have a VCR to tape these things. :rolleyes: