When I have the TV on I'm usually watching the History Channel, the Learning Channel, Discovery or Nick At Nite. During those times that it is on I am at my computer doing other things and only partially paying attention to the TV. Most times it's just background noise.

There are a few times that I give my undevided attention to the TV, those times are when Star Trek: Enterprise is on, when Survivor is on and when Football is on. Those are the only times that I walk away from the computer and pay complete attention to the TV.

Is anyone else like that with some shows? Keep in mind that I will sit and watch any Star Trek series and give 100% of my attention to it, it's just that the only ST series I watch on TV is Enterprise. All other Star Treks play on my computer.

The only time TV isn't background noise, is if i haven't seen the show or ep before..

I've either got the TV on or music on loud!

Nice choices for TV viewing VBG.

It's gotta be one or the other, I cant surf both the web and the tube at the same time or I'll get a headache. All day long I sit here working online with few distractons, I sometimes have a radio playing softly but for the most part it's very quiet around here (weekdays.) If something comes on I wanna watch then I put the PC into stand by while I go watch it. I'm spoiled on having quiet online sessions. The evenings and weekends are hard cause the girls are watching the tube (literally) right behind me.

Stardate:214388.2

Well Star Trek,baseball,Seinfeld,and Married with Children get my full undivided attention.Besides that I dont watch much tv.

I'm with you, VBG, in that I have layers of things going on. TV/radio/CDs make great white noise - I've listened to my CDs so many times that I can sing along to about every track without thinking about the words, so I can still work.

My computer and tv are two rooms apart, so I can't do both anymore. EXCEPT if I'm watching something, during commercials, I'll come in and check a couple of things until the show starts again.

As to what shows I watch...Iron Chef, Jamie Oliver, In A Fix, DS9, The West Wing, Unsolved Mysteries. The only shows I DO NOT miss if I can help it are Iron Chef, The West Wing, and Unsolved Mysteries. Unfortunately, I miss them almost all the time. :P

Normally, the TV is off unless one of my three shows is on, I'm eating lunch or dinner, I'm watching the news, or I'm watching a movie.

The shows that I do give my full attention are:

Star Trek: Enterprise - Wednesday nights @ 8

Stargate SG-1 - Saturday nights @ 8

The Jeffersons - Weeknights @ 11

Any other programs, I try to give my attention if it's a good story. If I'm not giving the TV my full attention, I usually just turn it off. :tear:

The TV gets my full 100% of my attention when Enterprise is on or when I am watching my Star Trek DVDs..Alot of the time when I am on line I also have sports on the TV with the sound turned down low..I like all sports so it seems like there is always a game on.. :tear:

Well I have a large film and television collection and will often alternate my viewing habits in terms of what I will watch on DVD and video, but as for television programming I don't really watch all that much. Enterprise is clearly the main one at the moment and I watch a lot of football (soccer) and the odd documentary that interests me.

I usually have the tv on as background noise and sometimes I watch programs but my computer and MSN are always on so I talk to pple and i watch tv at the same time.

I usually watch NET 5 thats a dutch channel that broadcasts good shows like E.R,Gilmore Girls,Strong Medicine,Star Trek Voyager,Boston Public etc those are my favourite shows and those I do watch all the time.

Me it is CSI, CSI Miami, any Star Trek, Without a Trace, and Jeopardy......

I pay attention but I post while I'm watching...

I multi task...