Sign in to follow this  
Lubak10

open trekkieness

I have a few framed pictures in my hallway and a shelf in my bedrrom with various Trek memorabilia on it, but my sis has pictures covering her hallway that goes up 3 flights!!!. Plus she has lots of things on display such as 3d chess sets and models of spacecraft, and she has a really cool model of DS9. She loves trek as much as i do and i keep telling her to join this site, but she's shy i think.

I don't have the pictures, but I did make a Message board that has close to 20,000 postings on it  and almost 200 members :laugh:

LOL!! And the prophets be praised that you did :laugh::laugh: B) :laugh:

I have a few framed pictures in my hallway and a shelf in my bedrrom with various Trek memorabilia on it, but my sis has pictures covering her hallway that goes up 3 flights!!!. Plus she has lots of things on display such as 3d chess sets and models of spacecraft, and she has a really cool model of DS9. She loves trek as much as i do and i keep telling her to join this site, but she's shy i think.

Tell her she can join, if for no other reason to read the postings anf vote in polls. She doesn't have to post herself. She can remain in the shadows :laugh:

Tell her she can join, if for no other reason to read the postings anf vote in polls. She doesn't have to post herself. She can remain in the shadows :laugh:

And after remaining in the shadows for a day or two she find a thread she can't resist posting on and then another and another and then she'll be adding her agreement to the Startrekfans.net causes insomnia thread because she'll never want to leave!! :laugh:

When I was at st.com I posted mainly on the TNG, Movies and 10 Forward boards but never more than 10 posts per day and then I came here and look what it did to me - over 2300 posts in less than a month and a half - I practically live here!!! :laugh: B)

I have more Star Trek pictures then I could ever count. My favorite is my Jonathan Frakes autograph. :laugh:pant.gif

autograph.jpg

I have autographed pics of Dr.McCoy (De Forest Kelly), Dr.Pulaski (Diane Muldaur),Capt.Picard (Patrick Stewart), Scotty (James Doohan),Mr.Sulu (George Takei), Tuvok (Tim Russ), Trelane (William Campbell), Quark (Armin Shimerman) and Mr.Chekov (Walter Koenig). The pics are framed and hung in a way to frame my bookcase which is entirly filled with Star Trek books.My walls are adorned with movie posters from most of the films and I have the models of all the Starships and DS9 sitting around on just about every flat surface in my house.

I have a photo album of my pictures of Data,(ok so there are also a couple pictures of Brent, Lore, B4, Dr. Soong, and Dr. Tainer, as well as the enitre crew...) I have three dolls of Data (Nemesis, Insurrection, and Generations), I have a one of Geordi(Generations). I have several novels(used to have ALL of the TNG ones, but I now only have my favorites with me). I have the First Contact and Nemesis posters on my wall...

I have autographed pics of Dr.McCoy (De Forest Kelly), Dr.Pulaski (Diane Muldaur),Capt.Picard (Patrick Stewart), Scotty (James Doohan),Mr.Sulu (George Takei), Tuvok (Tim Russ), Trelane (William Campbell), Quark (Armin Shimerman) and Mr.Chekov (Walter Koenig). The pics are framed and hung in a way to frame my bookcase which is entirly filled with Star Trek books.My walls are adorned with movie posters from most of the films and I have the models of all the Starships and DS9 sitting around on just about every flat surface in my house.

You lucky lucky lucky licky guy!!!!!!!

All my friends/non-friends know I like trek, and they don't care (some of them like it with me). I don't havve too much stuff in my room b/c I don't want to give my parents and brother ammo (I mean, they know I like...certain people, but they have NO PRROF! If I EVER put a Data pic on my wall I would stare at it so blatantly there would no longer be any doubt. Also, as I'm pretty new to trekdom and on a tight budget, I don't have much merchandice - as in nothing except the DVDs and a few thumb-nail pics printed from the internet...)

You lucky lucky lucky licky guy!!!!!!!

All my friends/non-friends know I like trek, and they don't care (some of them like it with me). I don't havve too much stuff in my room b/c I don't want to give my parents and brother ammo (I mean, they know I like...certain people, but they have NO PRROF! If I EVER put a Data pic on my wall I would stare at it so blatantly there would no longer be any doubt. Also, as I'm pretty new to trekdom and on a tight budget, I don't have much merchandice - as in nothing except the DVDs and a few thumb-nail pics printed from the internet...)

Yeah, but if there is anything I have learned from being on these boards...why be ashamed of liking trek or certain people! My dad can never remember who I like...and my mom and brother kid me about being in love with Data, but, I know they are doing it to be silly. They have never been out and out mean about their jokes.

My friend and I had a digital photograph taken during the Star Trek Display at the Brisbane Museum. We posed and our images were inserted into the photograph with the DS9 crew. We felt very silly at the time... but I just love that photograph and later posed for one with the crew members of the Original Series only to lose the photographs in a house fire. Hope I can get the opportunity get the photographs again. :tear:

vabeachguy and takara

I'm gonna mail this thread to my sis now, and maybe your words of encouragement will get her on the boards,'cos once she joins i know she'll love it.

Takara! I don't have a shrine....*knocks down pictures of Data that cover her desk* Really! :tear:

Ok, i have a TOS lunch box. A Tos Communicator. Info books, novels, Caleders. Two Data movie action figures (one in the box on my mantel) Picture of Data around me here at my desk, A Data screen saver that has so many pix of Data i can't cound them anymore. Sound waves, box sets from TNG and Ds9 and VHS movies. I have been going to CONS since i was in my teens.

If people don't know i'm a trekker, they haven't been paying attention.

STAR TREK LIVES

Damn right!

vabeachguy and takara

I'm gonna mail this thread to my sis now, and maybe your words of encouragement will get her on the boards,'cos once she joins i know she'll love it.

Hopefully she'll join and decided to come out of the shadows. After all, everyone is the same behind a computer.

When I was at st.com I posted mainly on the TNG, Movies and 10 Forward boards but never more than 10 posts per day and then I came here and look what it did to me - over 2300 posts in less than a month and a half - I practically live here!!! :tear:  :idea:

I know what you mean this is a great site. On st.com site you were always on the defenswive 'cos of all the spammers.

vabeachguy and takara

Hopefully she'll join and decided to come out of the shadows. After all, everyone is the same behind a computer.

That's what i'm hoping as she's great and would be a real asset to the board. She is far more knowledgable than me on all things Trek.

STAR TREK LIVES

Damn right!

AGAIN!

Our home used to be a shrine to Trek, Models I had built hanging everywhere from the ceilings. Wall space filled with row after row of collected action figures still in their packages. Bookshelves stuffed with every hardcover novel I could get my hands on. Boxes in corners overflowing with Trek comic books. Knickknack shelves crowded with things the kids could play with. Two things happened which caused almost all of that to go away;

1. We moved into a smaller apt and did not want to get a storage somewhere so it all went into the yard sale (First at prices which reflected the true worth of the items but in the end, got sold for prices at pennies on the dollars. :idea: )

2. All most everything that was left I donated to a family which had visited the sale but could not afford to buy anything even at dirt cheap prices, seeing their kids crying cause they could not have something Trek broke my heart so they carried away much of the remainder.

Now all that remains are a couple novels (and some I have bought since) and my Trek reference books, about 15 action figures I went ahead and opened to allow Jem to play with, a collectors plate of 1701, a set of 5 movie era glass glasses, and finally, my new

ARTASYLUM

ENTERPRISE NX-01 12 inch starship with lights and sounds

Here I go again! :tear:

Well my first Barbie doll ever was the Star Trek 30th anniversary Barbie and Ken. I have the old lp "Leonard Nimoy presents Mr. Spock's Music from Outer Space" I saw one of these at the special exhibit the Smithsonian had. And I have noticed I tend to get ST themed Christmas presents. And I did get to "meet" George Takai and Walter Koenig - which amounted to handing them a program and getting it signed - but I have moved so many times I don't think I still have this.

I have several NG 'figures' stored in boxes. My tribbles are on display! I made 3 of them back in '77 or '78 and have had them ever since. When they actually came out with the tribble a couple of years ago, I thought about buying one but then I thought it wouldn't be as special. I have several novels, but sadly no pictures. I did get the 'card' (notebook sized cards, notebook included) collection one year, but got out of that because I was spending 'way' to much on it. If it says 'Trek', I have the cash, and I want it, it's mine!

Gotta go see my Gramma! YEA!!!!!!!!

Katy

Our home used to be a shrine to Trek, Models I had built hanging everywhere from the ceilings. Wall space filled with row after row of collected action figures still in their packages. Bookshelves stuffed with every hardcover novel I could get my hands on. Boxes in corners overflowing with Trek comic books. Knickknack shelves crowded with things the kids could play with. Two things happened which caused almost all of that to go away;

1. We moved into a smaller apt and did not want to get a storage somewhere so it all went into the yard sale (First at prices which reflected the true worth of the items but in the end, got sold for prices at pennies on the dollars. :blink: )

2. All most everything that was left I donated to a family which had visited the sale but could not afford to buy anything even at dirt cheap prices, seeing their kids crying cause they could not have something Trek broke my heart so they carried away much of the remainder.

Now all that remains are a couple novels (and some I have bought since) and my Trek reference books, about 15 action figures I went ahead and opened to allow Jem to play with, a collectors plate of 1701, a set of 5 movie era glass glasses, and finally, my new

ARTASYLUM

ENTERPRISE NX-01 12 inch starship with lights and sounds

Here I go again! :laugh: [/b]

Now this is a sad story if I ever heard one! :huh:

The saddest part was when I realized I should have set up the new apt to be as much a shrine as the old one was. It was not until it was to late, I began to understand I had not out grown those items as much as I thought I had, everyday, I pine to have them all back again.

The saddest part was when I realized I should have set up the new apt to be as much a shrine as the old one was. It was not until it was to late, I began to understand I had not out grown those items as much as I thought I had, everyday, I pine to have them all back again.

Bawling.gifBawling.gif

um, well i have a picard, data, riker, and geordi action figure shrine in my room, along with an action figure transporter (which actually makes it look like they disappear when you press the cool levers up). but, other then tat nothing. most of the people i know dont even know i like trek. lol.

along with an action figure transporter (which actually makes it look like they disappear when you press the cool levers up).

How? :D Got a digital camera? I want to see that thing. ;)