Sign in to follow this  
v_seven

For The Bashers!

I'm curious......are there any ENT bashers out there that watch the show?

Probally not, because you don't like it....but (without starting war just

respectful conversation)...with all the talk about how great it's been these

last few months, I wondered if any of you gave it a second chance and may have

changed your mind..... :wub:

I mean I loved it before. but know its become my favorite series and I

was diehard TNG....

I'll be back...gotta go cheer for my FLAMES!

Well I was once a basher, well not a basher per say I just didn't like the show midway through the first season. I got rehooked during the second season when the episodes started to get better.

I was probably one of the few who liked it before it even started. I said i don't know how many times, "took them long enough." Granted i was really expecting to see an excelsior series and it kinda irked me that i didn't hear that that was going to be the "post-VOY" series, but when i found out it was going to be a "pre-federation" series it made me feel better. The only thing i hated was them using the borg and equiping Enterprise with "photonic torpedoes" (the ferengi thing didn't seem that big a deal, knowing how those guys are).

I'm one of the people that also enjoyed Enterprise from the beginning. I have no idea why the bashers wanted to bash the show, I just assumed they had nothing better to do or were just too stupid to change the channel on the TV to something they liked.

I wasn't too thrilled with ENT in the beginning but by season 2 - I really liked it. That doesn't mean I immediately became blind, deaf and dumb. There are still a couple of issues that to me make it less than ideal and in all honesty I don't feel the same way about it now as I did at the beginning of the season.

I'm glad it was renewed. And I still plan on watching it because even bad ST is still better than anything else.

Surely, we're not expected to be mindless sheep where ST is concerned.

I've watched and enjoyed nearly all of the series but for the cartoon series. I did get a little bored with Voyager and never did find out how they all got home. I liked DS9 as well as TNG. I hope that someday they will all find a home on the scifi channel with the Orginal series. As for bashing anything, I'll save that for Star Wars. :laugh:

I didn't like it, then I gave it another shot but this Xindi Arc began to bore me, so I've decided to give the rest of the Season and Arc a miss and come back when it's over.

:laugh:

Edited by The King

I've never liked it and still don't like it...

I just think that they need another producer and writer...

It could get a lot better...

The problem is that they are going against canon...

Or so it seems...

It is a big debate...

I also hate the sex...

For crying out loud, we've already seen way too much..

Going against canon? When?Where? It seems things are were they should be.

I'm still waiting to see all this sex some of you talk about.Maybe you get a different Enterprise than me because I just ain't seeing alot of sex.

Nope still hate it and i aviod it as much as possible

Maybe, if you watched it once with an open mind about it (heck watch it at all), you might change your mind.

I'll admit, about the end of season 1, I was about to just say to heck with it. But with season two, they got back on their feet and now with season three Enterprise has stepped up and I feel that if she goes the full 7 seasons, Enterprise will stand tall with the best of Trek.

By gosh, just give it a chance. Once you see it and you still think it blows, then you can throw in the towel, but don't base your over all assumption of Enterprise on season 1.

Sex? Geeze have you ever watched TOS, TNG, DS9, or VOY? Enterprise is G rated compared to some of the stuff they've had on those series sheesh. Every series has gone against canon big deal...

Maybe, if you watched it once with an open mind about it (heck watch it at all), you might change your mind.

I'll admit, about the end of season 1, I was about to just say to heck with it. But with season two, they got back on their feet and now with season three Enterprise has stepped up and I feel that if she goes the full 7 seasons, Enterprise will stand tall with the best of Trek.

By gosh, just give it a chance. Once you see it and you still think it blows, then you can throw in the towel, but don't base your over all assumption of Enterprise on season 1.

I watched SEASON 1,2 and the beginning of three..I still hate it and i have defended myself about it too many times...I just prefer BETTER trek!

Thats fine.

I know from my own view that Enterprise has taken a while to get on it's own two feet (even if you think they're still flat on their butt).

Thats my main problem.Is that they are still flat on thier butts

As we as trek fans still eat it up? i say no! I say Demand the quality that Trek was and deserves!

As we as trek fans still eat it up? i say no! I say Demand the quality that Trek was and deserves!

to people this is quality trek... I didn't always like it... I don't just like it because it's trek I like it because IMO it is quality trek.

The problem is that they are going against canon...

I also hate the sex...

Lexx and Tripping the Rift had alot of sex in it, and aren't very good...

But one letter in a Star Trek: Communicator magazine said Gene Roddenberry wanted to show off more in TOS to gain ratings, or something...

I forgot what book he referred to, I'd need to look through my Communicators....

By the way, all of ENT can fit in quite well, like the mentions of Ferengi and Borg were unexistent, and other things can be taken into consideration.....

Still enjoying my ENT and Trek and most other sci-fi btw :P lastresort.jpg42.gif

The Adventures of STF.net

Edited by drwho42

Okay. I held back from asking in my last post, but I am not of a mind set to just let this be.

What makes it lesser quality Trek? I know it might not be a mind bending as TOS or TNG, but pisses you off to the point of begging for it's cancelation?

I not only enjoyed Enterprise from the beginning - I thought that Broken Bow was easily the best Series opener ever - and that includes TNG. On balance I think TNG is still the better show but Enterprise is getting there - and now thank God they have another season to prove themselves. I would love to see TPTB open the show up to fan input again - even if they never use any of the scripts - they would get an idea of where the 'consumers' out here see the show and the characters going and could build on that.

Guest -*capt.vash*-

I find myself hating the show for reasons only I can fully comprehend:

1) the "older" technology all looks newwer and some of it is better.

2) they need to get over there stupid transporter fear, ok it works they use in emergencys and if wasn't going to work then captain archer would be frickin dead by now

3) XINDI SUCK, ok how long can they stretch a single story arc? oh ya, 3 FREAKIN SEASONS FINISH THE GOD DAMN XINDI OFF ALREADY

4) I know that the old series all had "romantic situations" but did you ever see a commericial where the announcer proclaimed that "beverly crusher is heat..."

5) NO YOU DIDN'T

6) Since when was thiere an enterprise that exhisted before kirk's enterprise?

Capt. Vash, they're over their fear of transporters now, really... the Xindi were just introduced at the finale of Season 2 (you might be thinking they're the totality of the Temporal Cold War arc but they aren't) and Beverly Crusher couldn't be in the situations that T'Pol has been in because, well, she's Human and T'Pol has Vulcan problems that have been addressed well before Enterprise on other shows. And the technology has to look better or most people wouldn't ever watch it.

Oh how I love the irony of bashers....

Enterprise started off slow, but so did DS9 and TNG.

I need not waste any more precious time trying to refute

the narrow minded.

When the show first started I watched pretty faithfully, although I never found myself making sure I was home to catch each episode. Now, however, I am doing just that, making sure to be home to watch on Wednesday nights.

I just wish UPN did more to promote the show.

... and T'Pol has Vulcan problems that have been addressed well before Enterprise on other shows. ....

The issue (Ponn Farr) was handled much more tactfully in TOS and well how do I say this much more "effectively" in VOY - I admit I was a little surprised at that episode but Dawson and McNeill did a terrific job and you felt some sparks watching that episode.

T'Pol was just a Vulcan running around in her underwear begging someone to have sex with her and this was the B story to one of the more boring A stories of season 2.

The difference I see between ENT and other ST series is that in other series sex was just a normal part of life. In ENT (particularly season 2) it seems at times it was the raison d'etre. And forgive me but it was boring.

i consider myself a "constructive basher"- I'm a Star Trek fan/ Trekker- and I don't like it when the Francise/ history of the Star Trek is re-written and torn down like it's being done now. The origional premise of the show was the "birth of the Federation" not the Archer show! Did Kirk, Picard, Janeway have someone always popping in from the future-violating the Tempral Prime Directive and telling them how important to the future they were! how they had to live, because without them the whole Federeration won't come about......people really..they were great captains cause they did it on their own-right. The federation came about by the will of peace-loving people and cultures gathering together for the common defense, and good of the whole. Not because of a tempral paradox-created because of advise from the future. It's like the argument could u go back in time and invent something...using your future knoledge of it. It's really sad.

I agree with HB

These are my reasons for not liking it

1. I prefer the West Wing- better show,better actors ,better stories

2.Same old plots- It seems they are reshashing old(and not good) Trek plots and storylines to attract the old Trek audience

3. Character development- It ususally takes one season to tell you the what,who ,how and why a charcater is who he/she is. Enterprise has not done that

4. Sex- There is too much sexual tension on the show..I don't like it (Why have a Decon chamber?@)

5- T'pol!_ i like Vulcans..Alot..It hurts me to see how they have been lowered to this standered.Joanne Bloack cannot act.She is just another pretty face.(a 7 of 9)

6-Endless dead plots- Where did the Klingons go..Who are the Sulibon..Why is that there,Why dod the bad guys hate earth so much

7- the ship- looks like every other Enterprise..

8- No warmth..No heartbreaks- Everything always fixes itself out in the span of an hour..Its juts not right

To be fair..what i like about the show

Scott bakula- I love Quantem leap..I love Captian Archer..But he needs to stop having the same disposition in every show

Porthos- DOGGIE CUTTIE

Hoshi- is a great Chinese role model.I wish they would develop her charatcer..One of the Enterprise episodes that i did like was when she was dissapearing (its a TNG show with Worf and Ro who get lost in the transporter..) It had a good plot and it showed how vunurable she is

Merriwhether- Great African American character..needs to be develped

The current plot line- Its like the Dominus war but with "i'm lost in an unchareted region of space" type thing(Voyager anyone) But each episode is BORINg.. give me battles and fights and story

I demand a good Trek show! then i will watch