Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "Countdown"?

What rating would you give "Countdown" out of 10?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Countdown" out of 10?

INTRO:

This is it! The second last episode! Will Hoshi be rescued? Or will she be another name to add to the list of 23 crew dead? Or was that 32? I can never remember. This season has been fantastic, and I'm betting it will go out in a big bang. If that's the case, this episode should be the set up for it. I can't wait!!! I'm betting even the Enterprise "bashers" out there are anxious to see how this season will end! Although they'd never admit it. Grab your replicated, er, microwaved popcorn and enjoy the fun that tonights episode will be!

REVIEW:

The episode hasn't aired yet, how can you expect me to review the episode yet? I'll get around to it later...

Great episode, the only thing I didn't like about it is that it wasn't a 2 hour season finale.

Next week is going to be GOOD!!

I give it a 10.

I gave it a 10 aswell.....and I also noticed they called next week the

season finale not series finale......there's still hope....I hope the rumors

are just rumors.......

Click for Spoiler:

I was impressed with the whole torture thing...TNG only barely dealt with it...Hoshi was great and the attempt to take her own life to save Earth was very brave...I enjoyed Reed too!

These past few weeks have been awesome, I want more......... :wub:

This one goes to 11!

A perfect episode- the right combination of dialog and special effects, action and interaction.

Click for Spoiler:

I hope reptilians are good at building bridges- because they just burned their last one. The insectiods are going to be really, really pissed.

When Archer was meeting with the aquatics, my mom turned to me and said "They better not steal STIV and have Archer swim with them" hehe

The poll should have been broken up into sections for this episode: how did you like the action, the plot, the suspense, etc. All would have received high marks from me! :wub:

Click for Spoiler:

I loved the interaction between the characters: Reed and Hayes, T'Pal and Trip (she called him Trip!), Archer and the Xindi, all very good.

I loved the twist when the Insectoids began to suspect the Guardians. I actually thought for a moment the Reptiles were going to turn from their allegiance. It will be interesting to see if that line develops. Perhaps a Reptile civil war?

Why does Daniels keep showing up???

I can't wait until next week. I sure do wish I wouldn't have scheduled it as our first day of vacation. :wub: I wonder how I'm going to work around that!

This episode was good as expected, however, I also wish that the finale had been two hours and not divided into two shows. I can't stand it when the show this good ends! I have to give the episode a 10...because it kept the momentum going from the last couple of eps.

Click for Spoiler:

Well Jack Bauer, seems you were right. Hayes didn't survive the trip this time. I feel sorry for Reed, he really has bad luck when it comes to making a lasting friendship. Trip is the exception of course.

Archer! What poise during the entire episode. They have made him a truly great captain. This entire 3rd season has been well worth the ride.

Well...I'm starting to think that no one important is going to die off....but the final episode could prove me wrong. The worst is yet to come for the crew.

Enterprise: Live Long and Prosper!

Edited by SuraksSoul

An excellent episode..I have to give it a 10 of course..I too wish I didn't have to wait another week for the finale..

Click for Spoiler:

Too bad we lost Major Hayes. I really liked his character a lot. I thought Reed was going to lose his emotional control for a sec..Have you all noticed how comfortable they are with using the transporter lately ? None of them seem fearful of it any more..( I probably noticed that because I recently watched some first season episodes )..Still no mention of Crewman Cutler..

It was pretty good, nut I would have rather seen a 2 hour finale...

I didn't like the cliffhanger on this episode....

Tonight's episode was a good one. I gave it a 10. Next week's episode will be awesome. :wub:

I gave this episode a 10, definitely a great episode. So much suspense and another cliffhanger of an ending. I also wish the finale was a 2 hour episode but that's picking of nits as someone says. :wub:

I gave it a 9.5, though my only complaint is that it ended.

Click for Spoiler:

The fact that Archer is working just as hard to stop the sphere-builders and aid the Xindi as he is to save earth is striking.

Archer is still making less than ideal decisions...taking Hoshi in her weakened state, where moving her threatens her recovery, shows that saving earth is still the paramount goal driving Archer. But if Hoshi awoke even for a minute, like all the MAACO's after Hayes died, she would have volunteered to go. She was so brave, facing those Reptilians all alone...Hoshi, who used to be afraid of being in space.

It's zero hour---do or die. Do or everybody dies!

All the resentment I had of the Xindi at the start of the season has been transfered to the Sphere-builders. They are some of the most selfish creatures trek has ever conjured up! They are evil. This season of Enterprise has yanked my emotions up and down and all around...it's been a great ride! Who in their right mind would object to this show?

The Xindi, for the most part, have turned out to be pretty decent folk, who have been manipulated by the sphere-builders. Even the Insectoids demonstrated integrity and sincerity when they suspected the humans had spoken the truth, after it was clear the sphere-builders had manipulated anomolies to allow them to get away with the weapon. It will be interesting to see if any reptilians have more integrity than their leader. He ordered his men to fire on the insectoid ship as surely as Degra fired on the Reptilian ship. He showed once and for all that he is for the Reptilians, not for the Xindi.

How am I going to last to next Wednesday?

Maybe it's because it doesn't come on until 11:00 and I'm tired that I am not as impressed - I gave it an 8 but I see someone voted lower than I did. Although there was a lot of action it somehow seemed anti-climactic and I don't like the wait until next week for everything to finish up.

Click for Spoiler:

When I saw the previews I knew Hayes was going to buy it - dang I wish he'd made it but that is life. Reed is really growing on me - I loved that scene where he was telling Hayes that the corporal may have been a MACO but he was his responsibility.

I am glad everyone finally took a shower and changed uniforms.

I don't get why T'Pol is constantly gyrating and twisting as an indication she is feeling emotion (other than it's a substitute for acting) - my apologies to her fans but she looks ridiculous. Oh and she's thinking of formalizing her commitment to Star Fleet.

Hoshi has certainly come a long way from the whiny Ensign at season one - she should get a promotion to Lt.

I liked the positive note where Archer said he is looking forward to getting back to their original mission. I hope he gets the chance

MJ - that was a very good assessment of the Xindi and the sphere builders. People are not always what they originally appear to be

Click for Spoiler:

The aquatics seemed open to the issue. No wonder Moby (Please stop me from cursing) takes place in New England

Please excuse me while I revert to an 8 year old.

ME LIKEY!!! :laugh:

:composes self:

An excellent episode. Good thing ENT got that well-deserved renewal!

Click for Spoiler:

I only had one or two small gripes (UH, I also noticed T'Pol's funky body language/ not-so-impressive acting).

I figured Hayes would buy the farm, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. That guy has been one of my favorite lesser known actors for yrs, and now he's off ENT. Shame.

I can't wait for next week (wonder if we'll see the NX02 if they get close enough to Earth?).

One more thing- I'm loving those Xindi Aquatic ships :drools: . The effects when that one was destroyed were incredible.

This gets my highest rating so far: 9.9

I gave this one an 8

Click for Spoiler:

The show was really good I got mad whenever a comerchel came on. I would really like to see the end of this are. I have a theroy that hoshi somehow changed the computer on the weapon to blow up when they try to use it and thats why she is still knocked out. Sounds cool to me

I gave this one an 8

Click for Spoiler:

The show was really good I got mad whenever a comerchel came on.  I would really like to see the end of this are.  I have a theroy that hoshi somehow changed the computer on the weapon to blow up when they try to use it and thats why she is still knocked out.  Sounds cool to me

I had wondered the same thing...we'll find out next week.

I gave this one an 8

Click for Spoiler:

The show was really good I got mad whenever a comerchel came on.  I would really like to see the end of this are.  I have a theroy that hoshi somehow changed the computer on the weapon to blow up when they try to use it and thats why she is still knocked out.  Sounds cool to me

I had wondered the same thing...we'll find out next week.

I was thinking the same exact thing also, hopefully they won't do a cliffhanger and drag it out till next season. I'd really like to see the end of this arc next week. Not that I haven't enjoyed it, I think it's been a GREAT season. I just don't want to have to wait till September to see the end.

Guest Mike_Hines01

Oh My God! This was one of the best episodes yet. I just don't know how I'm going to last a whole week to find out what happens.

Click for Spoiler:

I wondered if Hoshi could have possibly sabotaged the weapon, but then I thought about the fact that she was not an engineer. She was able to add a layer of encryption the first time, but she did not have access when they were actually arming the device.

I gave it a 9.5

Click for Spoiler:

It was overall a great episode I thought probably one of the best in Trek. The one thing that really sticks out in my mind is how they killed off Hayes, I mean what a crappy way to die he couldn't even defend himself I was hoping for something far more heroic for someone like Hayes.

I think a lot of CG was great, especially when the Aquatic's ship was being destroyed by the anomilie that was great, also the entire weapon itself I always loved looking at all those moving parts.

I'm glad they're starting to start using Hoshi again, all the episodes based around her are great. I think it's because she has so much strength and heart for such a little person. They probably could've done more with Mayweather.

So other then Haye's death it was a great episode.

A fantastic episode!!! I was again on the edge of my seat. Every character did an outstanding job on this episode. This is going to be one long week until the season finale this Wednesday!

A definite 10 !

And a huge ditto to everyone's comments. This Episode was superb!

I gave it a 9

Click for Spoiler:

it would have gotten a 10 but they killed Hayes, which really ticked me off! :laugh: Edited by Lubak10

10! No doubt in my mind.

Click for Spoiler:

Best episode to date. Great story. Visual effects were amazing (the destruction of the huge Aquatic ship, was sweet). I really enjoyed the ep. Sad to see Hayes go, he was cool. But I knew it was coming. He fought valiantly to the end and hopefully his sacrifice will not be vain.

A good episode. Not perfection, but good. I gave it an 8. I now know why the MACO's are on Enterprise.... So they can be shot at. When Hayes died, it reminded me of all the nameless red shirts that died on The Original Series.

:laugh:

Sign in to follow this