Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

STARTREKFANS.NET Convention

I'll start a poll soon with some of the details we have discussed so far. The poll will give us a general idea about who will try to make it, who will be there no matter what and who doesn't plan on going one way or the other.

It'll also help for the coming months for new members that haven't joined yet.

Well that's cool, however, please remember to save some time from seeing the circus to visit the Con! :blink:

Of course i will spend most my time at the Con, I mean that is the MAIN reason why I would be going to Vegas!! :laugh:

doh! i wish i could go. i would love it. ive never been to a convention. but, im only 16 and i live in edmonton, alberta, canada, so its not easy to get to vegas! lol. and my parents would NEVER allow me to travel to vegas by myself to meet people i met online. :huh: :laugh: :blink:

but for the rest of you that do go, take lots of pictures and upload them on the website.

Amazing how much information I miss by having to work on a large project and not check out the boards here. This would be great for me. My company has another studio in Vegas to handle our west coast projects. I think I can actually have the company pay for the entire trip for me by claiming I need to go out there and check on the other studio. Maybe handle one session to justify it all and then spend the rest of the time at the convention. Perhaps I can even lay the groundwork for an audio project with all the members. Just random thoughts but keep the info coming, count me in for the time being.

I would love to go but my fiancé and I have been fighting about how much time I have been spending here with you guys (that's why I haven't been posting as much). I don't know how I would ever convince him to let me go. Anyone have any suggestions? Unless of course we are married and divorced by then. --Only joking. :laugh:

I'll have to get back to you on this one.

Shinzon fan

Bring your fiance with you. Even if they arn't into trek they don't have to come to the con, i'm sure there are plenty of things to do in Vegas. If i can make it i will be bringing my hubby with me as there's NO WAY he would let me come on my own. It's worth thinking about, as the opportunity for us all to meet face to face is too good to miss really.

Yes please do bring significant others with you. If your partner doesn't want to attend Trek related things then there is still a lot to do in Vegas. The convention doesn't run 24 hours a day so there would still be plenty of time to do things together. Maybe we'll have a displaced partner area for all of the men and women who get ditched by the Trek fan they love. They could commiserate together and maybe make some new friends themselves. :laugh:

Well, it's Vegas so there's a lot to do that's Non-Trek. Gambling, shows and just general sight seeing. Once a date is hashed out we'll be able to see what shows are taking place at that time. We'll also start working on what activities we'll be doing and how long those would last so everyone would know how long to expect to be "busy" lol.

Common sense says I can't afford it - seeing as how I just lost my job. The airfare from Florida to Las Vegas - OMG. Ah, but the seed has been planted. Keep us apprised of the details.

Yes please do bring significant others with you.  If your partner doesn't want to attend Trek related things then there is still a lot to do in Vegas.  The convention doesn't run 24 hours a day so there would still be plenty of time to do things together.  Maybe we'll have a displaced partner area for all of the men and women who get ditched by the Trek fan they love.  They could commiserate together and maybe make some new friends themselves. ;)

Takara, when I'm ready to spring this convention on him, I'll be sure and have him read your post. If he his teetering on the edge and just can't make up his mind whether or not we should go, I'm sure your "displaced partner area" will be just the thing to sway him. :D

Will they they get t-shirts as well? His could read, "I'm the displaced partner of Shinzonfan"

Will they they get t-shirts as well?  His could read, "I'm the displaced partner of Shinzonfan"

I like that idea!!!

Will they they get t-shirts as well?  His could read, "I'm the displaced partner of Shinzonfan"

I like that idea!!!

I like it too but we would not need any of those, we're all Trekkies here!