Sign in to follow this  
Q stole my bike

Contacts!

What type of contacts do you wear?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What type of contacts do you wear?

• hard lenses
    • soft lenses
    • no contacts
    • tried hard ones, but my eyes didn't like them
    • tried soft ones, but they were too much of a fuss

I wear hard contacts, yeah, they're a little tough on your eyes at first, but I can see SO much better with them. I haven't worn them for the past two days though, because I had one of those little sore lumpy things that form right under your eye that I don't remember what they're called. Yeah, but for anyone who's considering hard lenses, I have a list of pros and cons:

Pros:

-I(not sure if everyone is this way)can see MUCH better with them

-they're less fuss than soft lenses

-they're betterfor your eyes than soft lenses because they're littler and let more air get to your eye

-they're easier to put in that soft lenses

-they don't rip

-they don't die if they're dry for too long

-they don't look like a drop of water when you drop them (like soft lenses)

-in a pinch they can be cleaned with soap and water(this has happen to me many times...)

Cons:

-they're not too comfortaproble at first

-they make your eyes more sensitive to sunlight(a simple solution: sunglasses!)

-you have to wear sunglasses when most people don't, some people may think you're a stoner (not a problem for me, people have thought I was a stoner since 7th grade, lol)

-if your eyes are dry while they're in they can hurt a bit, and they also make your eyes bloodshot, this also may make some people think you're a stoner

I've worn both hard - the way old kind, rigid gas permeable - the newer hard, and soft. I agree with what QSMB has said - soft are more comfortable but what a pain to deal with.

Right now I'm back to glasses, contacts are a pain if you have allergies or sinus problems.

I wear glasses because I think I look good in them, also my frames are expensive so might aswell use them as often as I can to make it worth the cost.

Nope i dont need contacts,but i did have some with love hearts on them which i used to wear when i went to partys,only thing was my eyes would hurt for 2 days after wearing them. <_<

I wear soft contacts. They are also color contacts, so if anyone meets me in person, I am the teenaged girl with purple eyes. It is so much fun! <_<

I wear soft contacts. They are also color contacts, so if anyone meets me in person, I am the teenaged girl with purple eyes. It is so much fun!  :wub:

Hehe purple eyes cooool <_<

I wear my glasses and practice my Clint Eastwood squint! :blink: *whistles the theme from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly*

I wear soft contacts. They are also color contacts, so if anyone meets me in person, I am the teenaged girl with purple eyes. It is so much fun!  :bow:

I am so jealous! I've always wanted purple contacts, but I don't think hard contacts come in the colored variety :blink:

i voted no because i dont need them but i would love some contacts with blue in them because my eyes are brown.

I've had to wear glasses since I was 8, but 3 years ago I talked my parents into letting me get contacts...I love them, I know there is a bit more work involved in their care, but I just like them SOO much better then my glasses....

I have been wearing glasses since I was 5 year old. I tried to wear contacts, but solutions gave lots of problems.

I wear soft lenses, now....I just couldn't handle wearing glasses in the line of work that I do...I actually broke a pair at work one time...

I wear soft lenses. I have never worn hard lenses. I did not start wearing contacts until I was in my twenties. When it became necessary for me to wear lenses all the time.

Edited by Data

I wear Acuvue 2. They are soft lenses that are worn continuously for one week, then discarded an 8 hour break then new ones in. Sleep in them as well.

Used Acuvue since the late eighties.

:lol:

I have worn glasses since I was 11. I have been contemplating contact lenses for a while, but between issues with really needing bifocals(which the Dr's always tried avoiding giving me) and having problems on and off with dry eyes I do not yet know if I would be a good candidate.

I do know that they do carry bi focal lenses nowadays, so I may check into that when I get my eyes checked again (which is soon, actually)