Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

Ever Use An Out-house?

If WAB can talk about toilet paper this should also be ok to talk about. I personally like them, except for the smell, the bugs, the cold, the dark, the long walk from the house at night, the animals, the freezing seat and dirty floor. Otherwise, I thought it was Charming :wow: Oh, and sometimes NO TOILET PAPER :wow:

Yeah i have a long time ago,but you wouldnt catch me in one again the smell and the bugs*shudders*...now i just use a bush or wall :wow:

Never used one. however, I have made headcalls to a local tree while camping.

How did I know You JIM, would be the first to jump on this one?? I just knew it. Even if you never did! :wow:

I dunnow, Jeanway. maybe I like these crappy topics.

I knew you and I always had SOMETHING IN COMMON Jim :wow:

Yes....Girl scout camp growing up...we called them latrines.....we had to help "clean" them.....called latrine duty......ick.........Jeanway, where do you get all these ideas?

Yes....Girl scout camp growing up...we called them latrines.....we had to help "clean" them.....called latrine duty......ick.........Jeanway, where do you get all these ideas?

EPILEPSY does have an Up-side, too much brain activity I guess :wow:

Ugh, yes. A few weeks ago when I was on my backpacking trip we had one on our last day. At the time, however, I was thrilled, it was MUCH better than "squirrel hunting" (a polite term for going behind a bush or tree) When I got back I was so thrilled to be using an indoor toliet again.

Their not so bad if you bring a can of aersol and just stand at the door way for ten minutes spraying with your nose plugged. Can be rather delightful if you don't look down. Oh there was a guy who feel through the seat on his and was trapped down there for 3 days I believe, what a crappy week that must have been, I would have been rather pissed off...hehehe

Try using an outhouse with a wasp's nest inside it that you didn't notice until you reached the point of no return. Then try racing against the clock to finish before the wasps notice you're there and all you have to defend yourself with is a 6 year old copy of TV guide. :wow:

Edited by fenriz275

Try using an outhouse with a wasp's nest inside it that you didn't notice until you reached the point of no return. Then try racing against the clock to finish before the wasps notice you're there and all you have to defend yourself with is a 6 year old copy of TV guide.  :P

SOUNDS LIKE FUN :) :o :wow::hug::wow:

This reminds me of an outhouse story about my older brother. Hopefully, he'll never see this. A long time ago my family was camping in the northwoods. I was just a few months old at the time and my brothers were 3 and 4. The 3 year old had only been potty trained a few months at this point. At the campground, there was no plumbing so of course they had outhouses. Never having seen on before, my brother wasn't exactly eager to use it. He waited as long as he could and then finally walked over and went in. After several long minutes, my Mother became worried, thinking maybe he had fallen in the hole. She made my Father go check on him, and a minute later my Father exits the outhouse laughing pretty hard. My Mother, of course, asks him what's so funny. My Father reports that Bill is crouching next to the "hole", frustrated to the point of tears, because he can't find the handle to "flush"! This story still haunts my brother at most family get togethers.

When I lived on Cape Cod, during the summers alot of new people came who had cottages in the nearby woods. One of my friend's family had a cottage very close to where I lived, so naturally since we went to the same beach everyday we became friends. I would spend many nights sleeping over at her cottage, it was so much fun. They only had an out-house and no indoor plumbing what so ever. We had to bring water from a cistern on the property. I loved it. But every night when I had to go, I always made my way up the little path to the out-house. It never failed, every night I would smash my foot up against the same damn sharp rock about halfway to it and be bleeding the rest of the night. I used so many band-ades every summer because of that rock. Everytime I smash my foot or stub my toe now I think of that out-house. :wow:

What's the deal with that little moon cut-out in the door anyway? Is it supposed to help or something?  :wow:

Ventilation?

My out-house storys are very simular to Jeanways; lots of stubbed toes and blood.

A few jokes just opened up, but those are best kept for the Risan Humor section. even then, they may not be appropriate. I've never been in a possition to have required the use of an outhouse.

It's kinda like a phone booth, just smells better and eveybody doesn't stand :wow:

I guess, in the general sense of the word, yes. I used one at the wichita river festival sometimes and at other places, and no, they are not pleasent to utilize. But then again those were usually hot sweaty days, i'm just glad my nose can barely smell worth a flip.

I guess, in the general sense of the word, yes. I used one at the wichita river festival sometimes and at other places, and no, they are not pleasent to utilize. But then again those were usually hot sweaty days, i'm just glad my nose can barely smell worth a flip.

" Can barely smell worth a flip" :unsure: that's a hysterical phrase, I love it, never heard that one before, did you just make that up? :dude:

Oh yes at my Grandma's house out yonder way in Kentucky. Grandma had a well that at one time you had to pump by hand to get the water out of. The old out house was creepy and smelled terrible with spiders in it and a crack in the toilet seat that pinched ya. It didn't matter what time it was day or night walking to it was eery. There was a old rooster that would wait ya out and chase ya to and from it. My sister hauled off and kicked and got in trouble but it didn't chase her anymore. In the late summer my parents would send us to Grandma's, my cousins would also be there and Grandma would send us to neighboring farms to help out during the day. At night we would come back to her old house and sit on the porch and break beans for canning. My Grandma was a harsh loveless woman that made the time there even harder yet every year as a child we were sent to her. As a teen-ager I refused to go and I thought my Mother would tear me in two but my Father took my side and that summer I just hung out with my Dad.

Since my Grandma past away years ago, I wonder if my Uncle replaced the toilet seat. I'll have to ask him someday.

Once when I was very young. I think that I was about 7 years old and our class was on a field trip. I hated them. The smell was awful. I haven't used one since. <_<

when we visited this place years later they had indoor pluming. :wub:

If WAB can talk about toilet paper this should also be ok to talk about.  I personally like them, except for the smell, the bugs, the cold, the dark, the long walk from the house at night, the animals, the freezing seat and dirty floor.  Otherwise, I thought it was Charming <_< Oh, and sometimes NO TOILET PAPER :wub:

An out house does not have to be a toilet, my grandparents have one and they store frozen foods there.

I dunnow, Jeanway. maybe I like these crappy topics.

That is just an awesome pun! :blink:

I have used a wooden outhouse. I have used the solar powered outhouses on Mt. Rainier. I have used a sheet metal outhouse too. I have also used a honey bucket in miserable weather.

The sheet metal out house was not that bad. However, I was out in the woods with my scout troop for over a week. You kinda get immune to nasty smells during that time.