Sign in to follow this  
Mike

The Ideal Voyager First Officer

Who would have been a better First Officer for Voyager ?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who would have been a better First Officer for Voyager ?

• Chakotay
    • Tuvok
    • Spock
    • Sulu
    • Riker
    • Data
    • T'Pol
    • Trip
    • Kira Nerys
    • Jadzia Dax
    • Other choice - please specify

Spock... cause he's logical.... and he's Leonard Nimoy... uh but he's in the wrong timeline...

251501[/snapback]

Hmmmm, not wrong timeline, just a different part of eternity...

Anyways, last we remember, Spock is an Ambasador right now...

Although I won't mind seeing him being in a good position on the Voyager... :dude:

EDIT: If you mean Leonard Nimoy being No.1 on the Voyager, that might be the wrong timeline....

lastresort.jpg42.gif

Edited by drwho42

I'm good with pretty much anyone other that Chakotex(yes i spelled that right). Wood boy annoyed the heck outta me and should die!! Maybe Jadzia, get some more hot chicks in there or Kira, her and Janeway are a lot alike.

I'd choose Spock. I'm a TOS fan and its a great idea to see what he'll do in that situation. My second choice would be Uhura. She'd dance that exotic dance and all the Borg would drool over her.

i chose tuvok as i feel he really was next in line for commander, however i do not feel that the marquai would have liked it so yep for the period i suppose chakoty was the best ^_^

Will Riker would be a great choice, he was the ultimate First Officer, however I'm going to have to say Jadzia Dax, for the pure and simple reason that I loved the character. However if you do that then the two commanding officers would have been female and the show would probably have taken a different route (that's not a crack at a womens sense of direction).

Chakotay was great in his role as XO. He combined Starfleet training with Maquis resourcefulness. HOwever, considering that Voyager was in a hostile unknown part of space, I would choose someone not on the list. My choice would be Major Hayes. Hayes was trained in military combat and he has the experience necessary to take command should the situation arise. :elephant::laugh:

i voted for riker. mainly he would try to present options that weren't thought about in the first place, however, chakotay was an knew combat, if it was federation or maquis. but riker also sees the job getting done. so i have a split vote.

Spock. I'd want my first officer to be really well-informed in the sciences. Let's face it, Janeway knows a good deal more than Chakotay in that area but doesn't have time to be science officer and captain.

I guess I'd like my right-hand to be able to let me know what's going on science-wise. Ok, I'll amend that to at least my first or second officer (like Data). I want him/her right there with me.

Chakotay was great in his role as XO. He combined Starfleet training with Maquis resourcefulness. HOwever, considering that Voyager was in a hostile unknown part of space, I would choose someone not on the list. My choice would be Major Hayes. Hayes was trained in military combat and he has the experience necessary to take command should the situation arise. :lol: :look:

Interesting choice about Major Hayes, now that you mention him I would also have to say that he would have made a great first officer.

Unfortunately, I already voted for Tuvok.

I voted Tuvok. Chakotay, as some people have established wasn't all that great. Riker would've tapped Janeway and made things awkward. Any TOS character was simply too good for the USS Voyager. A female first officer serving under Janeway, IMO, is simply asking for blood on the floor of the bridge.