Sign in to follow this  
Mike

The Ideal Voyager First Officer

Who would have been a better First Officer for Voyager ?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who would have been a better First Officer for Voyager ?

• Chakotay
    • Tuvok
    • Spock
    • Sulu
    • Riker
    • Data
    • T'Pol
    • Trip
    • Kira Nerys
    • Jadzia Dax
    • Other choice - please specify

Kinda a wierd poll..But I'm bored and this Voyager Forum has beed dead lately. I've always viewed Chakotay has the weakest part of Voyager.(My Opinion)..Who do you think would have done a better job as first officer for Voyager ?

Here are my favorite choices for that position

Riker - A wonderful First Officer. And his humor would have been great for the morale of the crew...

Spock - I'm a big Spock fan. He would be a fantastic first officer on any ship..

Those are my 2 top choices..I also believe Trip and Sulu would have been great First Officers as well..BTW, Chakotay is at the very bottom of my list..

What do you all think ?

I say Spock. He could have convinced Janeway to make some more... logical decisions on some things. :unsure: :P

Riker would have been great, too, but I think he belongs on the Enterprise. :(

I ended up going with Riker. This is probably the only time I'll ever vote for Riker over Spock.. :unsure: Riker would be good with the Voyager crew and a great first officer. Spock would've been good too but I can't imagine 2 Vulcans on 1 ship !!

ST, I loved Chakotay! Be still my heart! If I did not have Sisko and Worf in my avatar, it might have been Chakotay! :unsure:

But on a serious note, I do not think Janeway could have united the two crews it she had made Chakotay only a second officer. She had to make him second in command. I think he was a good choice because he did not see things the way she did. Tuvok would have been a near Janeway clone in terms of policies and perspectives, with everything tempered by logic, of course.

Hmm hard one this Riker or Spock i had to think a bit and way the pros and cons of each person but in the end i went with spock his lodgic and wisdom would have been the right combo on VOY <_<

I voted spock, but Data and Tuvok were a close second...

No one could have been better than Chakotay.....I agree spacetigger this is :P :lol: :P a wierd poll

I like Chakotay in the early seasons before 7 came on board..What sticks with me is how dimimished his role became after 7 was part of the crew. That's probably why I made this poll..As wierd as it is to ponder who could be better in that position...Perhaps I should have had 7 as one of the options as first officer..She certainly got a lot of on screen time..

I would have picked Tom if it was just out of the Voyager crew. However, out of that list, I would have to say spock. Sure he might be getting old at this time (even for a vulcan, or even maybe dead) but that still doesn't mean he's lost any of his brains. He's cool and can think under pressure. Now his PR, That might just be his only setback (if he has one). :P

Hey Chacotay was one hot mother..Shut my mouth

I'm Just talking bout the tatooed one!

Chakotay, he was a weak character. But he did have the connection to the crew that Janeway didn't have at first. The only reason he was weak was because the producers pretty much forgot him.

Being a die hard Voyager fan, I'd have to stick with Chakotay. I just couldn't imagine anyone else in that position.

Jessica Gibson

I've always thought that Chakotay was the good one for Janeway -- in in impersonal sense. Her fire, and his cool candour. I mean, Spock would be good, but can you even imagine two Vulcans on the Bridge? I think I'd die =D And if I said Spock, I'd kill myself, because, well, what's Voyager without Janeway's loose-cannonism?

Chakotay is best second command of voyager .i wondreding if ever going to be voyager movie it would be captain Chakotay because because janeway is adrimal now . sorry getting off topic.