Sign in to follow this  
gdog243

Dukat And Terok Nor

Since I've started DS9 up again (I'm in the second season so far) something has been nagging me. How long was Dukat in command of Terok Nor? We know that the station was built in 2351 (Bebel) and he was there at least 7 years, 2362-2369, (Cardassians) but was he the only prefect to Bajor since the station was built. Yeah, there is that point about Dukat have Kira Meru, but I choose to ingore that because of the continuity violation.

Good question gdog243..And I wish I had an answer for you. Dukat was there for a long time..But from watching the series I got the impression that there were at least 1 other prefect before him. I just don't believe that they ever mentioned his name in any of the episodes..Just a feeling that I got from the way they talked about the Cardassian occupation of Bajor..

Anybody else know for sure ?

BTW, let me know if you ever find out. This would make a great Trivia question... :naughty:

Well, I'm hoping someone has the trek chronology book handy. It might be in there. The Companion and the Encycolopidia don't really make it that clear.

I scanned my Chronology, but I didn't see any mention of a different Commander between 2351 and 2362.

I would assume there was a different Commander at some point... but for some reason he never got any mention. :shrug:

I scanned my Chronology, but I didn't see any mention of a different Commander between 2351 and 2362.

I would assume there was a different Commander at some point... but for some reason he never got any mention. :shrug:

Ok, so as far as we know cononly, Dukat was there for the final 7 years of the occupation. Thanks all.

According to the Chronology :

2309-The Cardassian Union begins 'assisting' the Bajorans.

2328-The C.U. formally annexes Bajor.

2351-The mining station Terok Nor is constructed in orbit of Bajor.

2369-Cardassians leave Bajor.

Since the position of prefect of Bajor would exist from, at least, the point of formal annexation (41 years before the first season of DSN), and possibly earlier, its some what unlikely that Dukat was the only one to fill the role. He may be old, but I don't believe he's THAT old. :dude:

As far as the prefect(s) during the period of 2351-69(when the Cardassians controled the station), Dukat was in charge from the construction stage( the fact that the 'new' station is being constructed is mentioned in DSN-"Wrongs Darker Than Death or Night") til, as far as we know, the Cardassian withdraw.

Edited by welfconfed

Yes, I know (but can't prove off hand) that Dukat was not the first. He said on many occasions that "under his adminstration" the killings decreased and it was his belief that the Bajorans should be greatful to him that his adminstration was the one that brought "reform".

He may have been the only one in command of Trrok Nor, I don't know that any other station commander was ever mentioned. But since we know that the station was there for almost 20 years and that Dukat had an affair with Kira Meru when Major Kira was about 8 to 10 years old then we can assume that he was the only commander of the station. I believe Major Kira's age on DS9 is 28 to 30 or somewhere close to that so the times would seem to fit.