Ds9 Battles Better Than Babylon 5?

DS9 Battles or Babylon5 Battles?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. DS9 Battles or Babylon5 Battles?

• DS9
    • Babylon 5

duh...

everything is better than Babylon 5

I lost interest in Babylon 5 after it was cancelled and moved to another station in my area. DS9 had some of the best battles I have seen in trek so I went with that.

DS9 of course, it had some really great battle scenes!

I've only watched a couple episodes of Babylon 5, don't like it at all.

To tell you the truth i have never seen one episode of babylon 5,but i thought the battles in DS9 where good so i voted for them.

Well, I agree with everyone else about DS9 having better battle scenes.

I am borrowing the Babylon 5 Season 1 DVDs and I like the show over all, but yeah early CGI is very iffy (especially compared to modern CGI). Definitly DS9.

I don't want to sell B5 short because I thought it was a well played out show. It was some of the few shows that had an intended ending when it started. But as remarkable that may be, I still think Ds9 had better battles and more exciting stories.

B5 Battles were alittle bit better!

--------------------------------------

and not just because B5 was on the Air before DS9

and there were many battles in B5 in outer space and with all the Aliens they had on the Space Station ("and a few Timetravel eps also with surprising twists to them"!)

B5 lasted 5 Years

DS9 lasted 7 years

:wub: :o :o :wub:

Edited by mj

I am a big fan of both series, and have all available DVD's for both series. I voted Babylon 5. The CGI for B5 was not as good as DS9's CGI, but for the budget that Bab 5 had, they did a d*mn good job.

I am not saying that the battles in DS9 were not epic, but if B5 was given the resources that Trek had, they would have definately turned more heads!

:laugh:

DS9 did have some great battels. Might be some of the best ever done for a TV Show. I don`t think that B5 had the same budget is DS9 though. Still both are worth watching.

Actually I just read that some of the Core members who worked on B5's CGI team worked on DS9's CGI team too. So it appears that some of the best people in the industry worked on the same projects.

I wonder what would have happened if B5 was given the resources that Paramount had for Trek? No matter how you slice it, both series has epic battles that display the excellent steps that CGI has taken since the 80's.

*hats off*

I really do like B5 but DS9 had better space battles imo. Ds9's certainly looked beter due to the state of technology at the time. The dominion war was also more of a convincing war and was fought on more than one front and lasted a bit longer. In B5 they made a big deal about the shadows but they did not really have very many battles with them and the war ended far too quickly.

I've only seen B5's season 1 and like 1/2 of DS9's season 1.

I don't really know. I think the later seasons of B5 and the movies space battles are better.

U wanna see some action... Space Battles

Artists that have left alot of shows have created space battles(fully CG) including new battles of Star Trek, Babylon 5, Star Wars, Battle Star Galactica and StarGate. Well worth the look if your craving for combat or crossover battles, cgi used is well animated and looks up to date plz enjoy when u can.

Edited by Carrion

DS9 lacked in some areas such as background fighting between other ships and some ship movement. Babylon 5 had both and was interwined with fluidic graphics.

DS9 has the better battles although I was kinda dissapointed to see that the majority of the battle footage in What You Leave Behind was a re-use of the battle from Sacrifice of Angels. That means the USS Majestic has been destroyed twice! What an unlucky crew.

Guest Mike_Hines01

DS9 gets my vote. Not only did Babylon 5's battles suck but so did the show, I fell asleep after five minutes when I tried watching it.