Sign in to follow this  
Carrion

Ds9 Battles Better Than Babylon 5?

DS9 Battles or Babylon5 Battles?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. DS9 Battles or Babylon5 Battles?

• DS9
    • Babylon 5

It's not really fair of me to vote because I've never watched Babylon 5, but I have to vote for DS9 simply because it's my favorite TV show.

No Problem VaBeachGuy, your just one more onto DS9's tally u have doomed all the B5 fans chance of winning the poll hahahaha.

Yes, what he said.^^^

My favorite battle scene was when the Breen destroyed the Defiant with that powerful weapon they had...I love the Defiant and all, but ya gotta admit how cool it was to watch it crumble...

I have watched both series thoroughly and i have to stress out one thing.

In B5 there were battles on numerous occasions but they were pretty short ones.

( The only episode with a really great battle was << No surrender no retreat >> if iam not mistaken. Still the battle was not that interesting since it was humans against humans ( same tech, power, e.t.c ).

On the other hand battles in DS9 ( even in TOS and TNG ) were more scarce but hella more juicy when they happened ( I cannot forget the fight of Kirk against the Romulans that lasted an episode ).

I vote for Star Trek DS9 because:

1. Iam a Trekkie and i love being one

2. In Star Trek there are fleets of thoudands ( 331 ships were just ONE wave of reinforcements )

3. In B5 noone ever told me what these flying saucers are using as firepower ( the thing like a green torpedoe )

4. In B5 i never really bought the fact that whatever material ( Usable for building ships at least ) without shielding could take numerous blasts from a really powerful laser battery and survive.

5. Because Star Trek Fleets need A LOT more that a bunch of nuclear warheads in a near asteroid to be destroyed.

Edited by Alpha Centauri

I find babylon 5 enjoyable but I do admit ot has its flaw's.

1. Of course u like Star Trek as do I (U like ent?)

2. Babylon 5 has its own array of giant fleet's to be deployed ranging from the Vorlon's, the shadow's, the Drack, ISA (Interstellar alliance), the Centauir republic etc. See "Into the Fire"/"Call to Arms"

3.Flying saucer's(I think they were the Vintrassi) that were deployed during the Shadow war were powered by a Dual anti-fusion reactor and fired rapid highly dense particle projectiles that is plasma in a way.

4. The material on babylon 5 varied with the material and technology abundant at the time 2258-62. For instance the Vorlons use an shields and an Organic polymer that once fired upon by an enemy vessel, the wound heals and builds a defence that can withold the attack much easier then it did before being hit (the ship from learns from hit, like body conditioning but extremely faster), The ISA launched a new Dreadnougt to help field its own forces (The Victory Class Warship, one in service is "The Excalibur") in deep space missions and comabat, that ship uses a crystalized layer of armour that is capable of taking extreme damage, deflecting sensors, some weapons and spatial anomilies. The Victory class has shield's but are only half effective when the main cannon is activated from the Excalibur's forward cannon.There are many more ships to main and tell about but to speak of all would waste my breath.

5. Wrong about that one, in season 6 of Deep Space Nine there were these episodes about Mining the Wormhole in order to stop the incursion of Dominion reinforcements into the Alpha Quadrant. These mine's used can destroy a Dominion ship in 1 blow and were placed in the thousands meaning it could easily have the fire power of A B5 war head (100 000 megatons).

Edited by Carrion