Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Direct and Indirect Trek References

Ok..Title Speaks for itself :look:

Direct

It has been said that the Enterprise can be seen in The Phantom Menace, leaving Coruscant.

Indirect

I once read that in the Original Halloween Movie, the Mask they got for Michael Myers was a Willian Shatner mask with the hair frizzed out and the face painted white.

Cool ,huh??

OMG, I just scimmed through the Phantom Menace and you are right the Enterprise, or a ship that looks really similar is there. I had never noticed that before.

Great, I'm going to be watching Phantom Menace all night now till I see it. :laugh: :laugh:

The Evil Trio on Buffy the Vampire slayer kept making references to Star Trek(especially TNG) all the time.

In the simpsons, pretty much in every ep, lol (the producers/creaters are trekkies, apparently) and in an episode of Family Guy I saw (don't really like the show, though). They always make me laugh, especially about the nameless engisns.

Or South Park they quoted Trek many times....Brent Spiner also provided the voince of Conan O'Brian in the South Park movie(yes, I hate to admit that, but yes I did see that movie...in one word ICK!) I liked the first season of Park...but went way past the gutter by start of season two or three(some eps were funny and cute...but...to the rest of them EWWW!! OK to tell the truth my favorite characters were Ike, and the Cows)

I never saw any ST references in South Park...but then, I've seen roughly 4 episodes...

If the movie was ick, at least say how Brent was!!

I never saw any ST references in South Park...but then, I've seen roughly 4 episodes...

If the movie was ick, at least say how Brent was!!

He was just barely heard in it...I know he was impersonating Conan O'Brian...but I recognized his voice. Except for his voice the rest of that movie shocked me and grossed me out!!!!

There is a time where they have a boxing tournament and the kids convince Jesus that he said a quote and when one of the kids goes "He really said that?" one of the other kids goes,"No, dude that was from Star Trek!"...It was the quote that Riker uses against Cochrane in First Contact...

The kids try to convince JESUS...what? Actually, I dont think I want to know, lol. Off the wall...

lol bout the st, rthough...

The funniest ST reference in the simpsons was when the comic book store owner was trying to download nude pictures of Captain Janeway.

haven't really noticed apart from the simpsons.

will check out phantom menace but. whereabouts is it?

StargateSG1 has made several - like O'Neill wanted to name their spaceship Enterprise but the best of course was the episode "The Other Guys"

John Billingsley was terrific and I was ROFL when he started talking about ST species. Everybody should see this episode.

I like the Simpsons episode where Homer was Mr. Burn's prank monkey. He walked into the Comic Book Store and said :"I'd like a copy of Spider-Man #1." The Comic Book Guy replied:"And I'd like an hour on the Holodeck with Seven of Nine."

Exactly.

Of course we can't leave Frasier off this list. They have had some great Trek references there. Darn I still haven't seen the episode where Frasier speaks Klingon at Fredrick's bar mitzah.

I noticed that the comic strip Monty has had some Trek references as well.

I am at work right now, but when I get home I will try to find the timing for phantom menace and post it.

StargateSG1 has made several - like O'Neill wanted to name their spaceship Enterprise but the best of course was the episode "The Other Guys"

John Billingsley was terrific and I was ROFL 

Click for Spoiler:

when he started talking about ST species

.  Everybody should see this episode.

I have yet to watch my season 6 downloads (no cable), but I previewed this episode! YES, EXTREMELY FUNNY! :laugh:

Also, here's 2 Trek referrences:

Roswell

"Secrets and Lies"

Max, a main character, is off in LA looking for a 2nd shape shifting alien. (Long story! :dude: ) Anywho, to get access to Paramount Pictures, where he suspects the alien is possing as a producer, Max gets an agent and auditions for Enterprise! He auditions with John Billingsly out of makeup and Johnathan Frakes is there as the ENT director when he really directed the Roswell episode! :dude:

Here's another!

The Time Machine

After Vox the "compendium of all human knowledge" ridicules Alex for thinking time travel is possible, Vox asks if there's anything else. Alex, the time traveler, says he'll try back in a few hundred years. Vox makes the Vulcan hand sign and says, "Live long and prosper!" followed by a TOS door sound effect! :lol: John Logan wrote the movie right before he wrote NEMESIS, thus him being a Trekkie, he stuck in the joke!

So, anyone catch either of these? What else is there to look for?! :D

Loaded Weapon 1

Jimmy Doohan Trying to fix (I Think the Coffe maker) in the form of scotty

"She canny thak it anymory capin"

There was one in Friends abuot the Kobeashi Maru (very sorry about the spellong)...i'll do another post when I see the epiode again - I can say which one and type the actual quote.

Well, 2 so far from friends, and I know there's at least one more, but I'm still looking...

Ross: Well? Isn't that amazing?

Joey: What are we supposed to be seeing here?

Chandler: I dunno, but.. I think it's about to attack the Enterprise.

Phoebe: You know, if you tilt your head to the left, and relax your eyes, it kinda looks like an old potato.

Ross: Then don't do that, alright?

Chandler: I'm telling you this thing won't print. Yes, I pressed that button like 100 times. You know, for a hot line you are not so hot. What? What is that in the background? Are you watching Star Trek?...So, Spock actually hugs his father?

(I love Chandler :rolleyes: :rolleyes:)

Chandler: I'm telling you this thing won't print. Yes, I pressed that button like 100 times. You know, for a hot line you are not so hot. What? What is that in the background? Are you watching Star Trek?...So, Spock actually hugs his father?

(I love Chandler ;):rolleyes:)

OMG! I saw that episode! :rolleyes:

ROFL! That's great!

Here, I have another:

Ross: I don't know, I think THIS is an unsolveable problem

Chandler: It's a kiriad Mariah...The insolveable problem they gave to Captain Kirk as part of his training to be a starfleet Commander

Ross: Kobiashi Maru

Chandler: What's a kiriad Mariah?

Ross: It's the place with the cheap rooms we stayed in Israel.

The Time Machine

After Vox the "compendium of all human knowledge" ridicules Alex for thinking time travel is possible, Vox asks if there's anything else.  Alex, the time traveler, says he'll try back in a few hundred years.  Vox makes the Vulcan hand sign and says, "Live long and prosper!" followed by a TOS door sound effect! :laugh: John  Logan wrote the movie right before he wrote NEMESIS, thus him being a Trekkie, he stuck in the joke!

I saw that! :laugh:

Another from SG-1

I think it was the one where Jack and Teal'c were trapped in a Death Glider and somebody..can't recall who..asked Joseph if he could just..Beam Them Up with the Transport Rings.....or am I confusing two different episodes?

:laugh: