I have decided to start this thread for any who want to talk about the series Mystery Science Theater 3000.....it can be episodes/movies, the feature film, the characters(Tom, Nelson, Crow, Pearl, ect.) anything...heck, you can post your favorite quotes from the show.....

framed.jpg

vac.jpg

Some of my favorites..."Parts:The Clonus Horror", "Jack Frost", and "Quest for the Delta Knights"

Just to be curious, has anyone seen this series from start to finish...Myself, I think I have caught at least the LAST three seasons.....

Just to be curious, has anyone seen this series from start to finish...Myself, I think I have caught at least the LAST three seasons.....

You stole my question! :look: I have only seen it from about the last year and a half on Comedy Central then the entire run on Sci-Fi. I still watch em when I can on Sat. morns. They still crack me up as much as when they were first run. Someday, once my Trek DVD collection is complete I hope they start releasing season box sets I dig that show! Better still, I want the team to reassemble, they were a fantastic creative group and they must have more material with in them they could do, here’s to hoping! My favorite quote; "There's eye in your mud!"

Or during "Parts:The Clonus Horror" as the clone man is running away people are shooting at him..."Pssht" "Ow", "Pssht" "Ow"

Or During "Jack Frost"---"Oh look she's eating her hemlock lolipop!", or all the Russo-Finnish jokes.

Or the....well pretty much all of the Delta Knights one!!

I really wish they would show MSt3k at night, because that's when I use to watch it when it was on comedy central...8 am on sat is too early in the morning for me.

Can anyone tell me the title of the one movie they did that stared a dirty ron jeremy look alike named Rowsdower? It looked like it was filmed in Canada...I was trying to remember the title but my minds a blank. :tear:

I love that show I do have some on tape. My fav is mr. B natural I used to watch that one once a day and there was one that had a space movie with all the out side shots from battlestar galactica and you could tell that the engen room was just an old factory you can see the sun light coming out of the windows. To top it all off the movie was just great every time they slam the actor who played the profeser I just could not stop laughing. :dude: :P

ah HA!! Found it!!!

Since this was brought up in the 13 Best Sci-Fi Films of all time I figured I would try bumping this thread. I know it is a relatively old thread, but what the heck! LOL!

Too bad they can't do it for any recent movies. I would love to see their take on Being John Malcovik (sp?) or The Hours. Me personally, I hate these two movies.

mst3k is prolly one of my favourite television series. It was one of the main ways I got to see B-movies and really enjoyed the time viewing them. :dude:

Too bad SciFi pulled it off the air.. :biggrin:

Now, I don't really have much to do on a Saturday morning, besides sleep it through.... :( But I guess I'll have to buy the DVD-sets when those come out.

I love that show I do have some on tape.  My fav is mr. B natural I used to watch that one once a day and there was one that had a space movie with all the out side shots from battlestar galactica and you could tell that the engen room was just an old factory you can see the sun light coming out of the windows.  To top it all off the movie was just great every time they slam the actor who played the profeser I just could not stop laughing. <_<  :blink:

68223[/snapback]

That was the 1988 film: “Space Mutiny”, which is considered to be No.4 in worse films in history, according to the Internet Movie DataBase.

post-812-1095566621.gif

You know what's sad? One movie I actually liked was MST3Kified... The movie was Gorgo, basically the British version of Godzilla, minus the radioactive beam caused by the nuclear reactor at the heart of Godzilla (yes, I do watch those movies too much...) Too bad I missed the MST3K version of Gorgo.

I love this series. I have about 11 episodes taped on VHS. I like Mike more than I like Joel. I know it's a couple of years late but a guy here asked what the name of the movie with Rowsdower in it was called, the name of the movie is "The Final Sacrifice" and yes it was made in Canada. It's my favorite MST3K episode. :blink:

My top 10 favorite MST3K episodes are

1. The Final Sacrifice

2. Future War

3. Werewolf

4. Overdrawn At The Memory Bank

5. Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders

6. Diabolique

7. Puma Man

8. Track of the Moon Beast

9. Girl In Gold Boots

10. Squirm

Rowsdower was the dude with the blonde "hockey" hair and moustache. I guess he looks a little like a lumber jack. There's another dude they meet that looks like a prospector, they even call him that in the show

I don't remember what movie they watched, but my favorite was this one where this guy was going around hypnotizing people (and dogs). Everytime he'd hypnotize someone, the camera would show a close-up of his eyes, and he'd make them all wide. The first time that happened, someone (I can't remember who, it was that long ago! :P ) yelled out, "I need SLEEEP!!!" Everytime after that that they saw the eyes, he'd simply yell out, "SLEEEEEEEP!!!!"

I couldn't stop laughing.

Then there was the scene where the ghost came in. What was said then? "Oh, look! Self-serving cotton candy!" :dude:

Here's the new website for MST3k:

http://www.mst3kinfo.com/

I was in Circuit City today and they had volumes 1,2,3, and 6 as well as a DVD that had Manos, the Hands of Fate (number 1 on the worst films according to imdb.com) and Santa Clause vs the Martians or something similar to that.

I was in Circuit City today and they had volumes 1,2,3, and 6 as well as a DVD that had Manos, the Hands of Fate (number 1 on the worst films according to imdb.com) and Santa Clause vs the Martians or something similar to that.

303663[/snapback]

Heh.. 1964's Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

post-812-1095566621.gif

"Manos, The Hands of Fate" is one of the worst movies of all time. I have this MST3K episode and the movie is so boring Joel and the Bots can't even keep it interesting.

303697[/snapback]

I have to afree with that. It was tough to watch that episode, since the film was so very bad. I pretty much have seen the ones with Mike in it, but I remember "Manos" andJoel being in it instead. I like Mike instead, I think he is quite a bit more amusing.

I've always liked Mike more. The show just worked so well when it was Mike. I also liked Pearl, Observer a.k.a Brain Guy and Bobo. I miss that series so much. It's sad Scifi had to stop running the old episodes

I LOVE THIS SHOW!!! Seriously!

mike is so better than Joel ..although i liked " manos and the hands of fate"

but Time chasers was good ..oh oh oh and OVERDRAWN at the memory banks

ROTFL!

I've always liked Mike more. The show just worked so well when it was Mike. I also liked Pearl, Observer a.k.a Brain Guy and Bobo.  I miss that series so much.  It's sad Scifi had to stop running the old episodes

303980[/snapback]

Yeah it is sad.. It got to a point that that was what my family and I did Saturday mornings, all sat around watching MST3K.. I so miss that.

"Manos, The Hands of Fate" is one of the worst movies of all time. I have this MST3K episode and the movie is so boring Joel and the Bots can't even keep it interesting.

303697[/snapback]

"Manos..." IS the worst movie ever made. But it has to be one of my most favorite MST3K episodes ever. We used to sit and watch it in college and would groan out loud how bad this movie was. I loved the bit when Joel comes out with a copy of that high priest shroud with the 70's style bare feet on either side. It still makes me grin when I think of it. And let's not forget the score by the UTEP jazz band :) .