Sign in to follow this  
welfconfed

Mirror Universe Embassy

I've started the Dark Reflections story(The novelization of the major motion picture :unsure: ), unfortunately, I had somethings come up and was only able to post about the equivalent of the first couple of pages.

Any suggestions or comments would be welcomed. I do have some question about possible love interests for Picard, I've got the feeling both Beverly and Denatra are moving in that direction, :) what do you think...any suggestions. :P *Ducks for cover* :(

I've started the Dark Reflections story(The novelization of the major motion picture :unsure: ), unfortunately, I had somethings come up and was only able to post about the equivalent of the first couple of pages.

Any suggestions or comments would be welcomed. I do have some question about possible love interests for Picard, I've got the feeling both Beverly and Denatra are moving in that direction, :P  what do you think...any suggestions. :(  *Ducks for cover* :)

:)

What? Love interests for Picard? Don't you dare :) :) :)

I warn you, I won't read your story further on. B) :huh: :) :huh:

:P

What? Love interests for Picard? Don't you dare  :(  :)  B)

I warn you, I won't read your story further on.  :huh:  :)  :unsure:  :)

Okay,okay you win. :) , but I'm still stuck for a romanic subplot. :) Suggestions please........unless, of course you want me to fix Picard up with this little female Ferengi character that I've been working on.*runs to nearest bomb shelter :) *

Since you are partly responsible for my decision to post the story; I shall give you the opportunity to decide: Does Picard become involved with an established character, do I create a new (and disposable character, hey it could always be a tragic romance :P ), a 'fictionized' version of you ( name and description doesn't have to be realistic, it can be a dream-self you), or another victim (eh, participate) from the main cast. How about a little Denatra/Worf action :huh:

In an attempt to stay on topic, care to speculate about the origins of the mirror universe, was it a single event or something more complex?

Yay, me win! :P :o

Jean-Luc and a Ferengi? :elephant:

Nooo! *gasp* Though it sounds funny. But another woman is another woman, species doesn't matter. :wow::hug:

Hm, if I'm honest, I don't want him to become involved with anyone as long as it is not me, so, if it has to be Picard for your romantic subplot, take me for your story, I won't protest as long as it is me who is involved with him and I won't become jealous (you probably noticed that I can become very jealous :) ).

I like your Worf/Donatra idea, though. But Worf has already been in love with a Romulan woman (at least half-Romulan woman) so the idea wouldn't be that new. :lol:

The origins of the mirror universe... I would say that it has been there for a very, very long time, just like our universe. I see it as a parallel world. Just like in the episide "Parallels". It doesn't have to be the only mirror universe, it's just one of thousands of universes. I believe in the theory that every decision one makes leades to another universe in which the other decision has been made. I find that fascinating somehow. :wow:

Yay, me win!  :clap:  :hug:

Jean-Luc and a Ferengi?  :hug: 

Nooo! *gasp* Though it sounds funny. But another woman is another woman, species doesn't matter.  :dude:  :dude:

Hm, if I'm honest, I don't want him to become involved with anyone as long as it is not me, so, if it has to be Picard for your romantic subplot, take me for your story, I won't protest as long as it is me who is involved with him and I won't become jealous (you probably noticed that I can become very jealous  :dude: ).

I like your Worf/Donatra idea, though. But Worf has already been in love with a Romulan woman (at least half-Romulan woman) so the idea wouldn't be that new. :dude:

The origins of the mirror universe... I would say that it has been there for a very, very long time, just like our universe. I see it as a parallel world. Just like in the episide "Parallels". It doesn't have to be the only mirror universe, it's just one of thousands of universes. I believe in the theory that every decision one makes leades to another universe in which the other decision has been made. I find that fascinating somehow.  :dude:

If you are to be a main character (or even that girl he's trying to come home to in the end) I'll need a little info.: a name ( doesn't have to be your real one, I respect your privacy :bow: , physical description and some small character traits, again in the interest of privacy it doesn't have to be you, so much as a fictionalized you if you wish, and what do you have in common with Picard, what about you would he love.) Boy, I've got the feeling I'm opening a Pandora's Box with that last one. :unsure:

I agree with you about the 'many-worlds' interpretation, though that means that even though you find it fascinating, there is another you in an alternate time-line that thinks it's complete rubbish. :dude:

In recent months I sort of abandoned the Mirror embassy, but I figured I give it another shot.

So, is anyone else interested in discussing the Mirror universe?

The Mirror-Universe idea has always fascinated me. If I've read or seen it, I like it... Except the video game Star Trek: Shattered Universe, in which Captain Sulu and the entire crew of the Excelsior switch placed with their mirror-universe counterparts and are immdeiately attacked by Captain Chekov commanding the Enterprise. The story-line was good, but as a video game it wasn't anything spectacular.

Have you read the Mirror Universe novels by William Shatner? I've only read the first one, but I liked his idea that the Mirror Universe separated in the mid-21st century, during the events of First Contact. Except, basically, the Borg were able to send out their signal, the Enterprise was destroyed (stranding the crew in the past), and the warp test was still successful, allowing first contact to be made. Since they knew that the Borg would be coming, the alliance between humans and Vulcans was a military alliance to deal with the Borg threat. Then everything went downhill from there, leading to imperialism and advancement by murder.

But I would like to see an entirely new series based on the evens of the mirror-DS9 (Terrok Nor) that details the terran's fight for freedom.

Wishfire, I'm sorry that I didn't respond sooner, but I haven't checked this thread in a while and didn't notice your post. :blush 2:

I have read the Shatner novels and liked them, but my favorite is still "Dark Mirror" by Diane Duane.

Have you heard the news about Enterprise? They are going to do a mirror universe episode!(complete with a mirror universe opening sequence) :waaaa:

Edited by welfconfed

This is cool. I've always liked the mirror Universe as well. i wish we had a alternate earth i would go there all the time. lol

This is cool. I've always liked the mirror Universe as well. i wish we had a alternate earth i would go there all the time. lol

296319[/snapback]

Yeah, but if its the 'mirror universe' earth, make sure you are well armed when you vist. ;)

The mirror universe is an interesting concept but it would get boring after a long period of time. An evil kirk or picard would be very sexy indeed. Men of power is an attractive thing.

Love AU & time travel stories.

The 1 thing tho, is I have to disagree with those re: Voyager's AU ep. I don't consider that a real AU story as it never happened & they didn't actually go to the Mirror Universe. I always wished TNG & Voyager had visited there (I too, have written about 1/2 of a Voyager AU story) :blink: I think they would've made for some super eps.

I always hated that they didn't do a mirror episode for either Next Generation (would've made a great movie) or Voyager. I can only imagine how an evil future federation deals with problems like The Borg and the Q Continuum. Perhaps in the mirror universe the Borg are.....the "good" guys???

Back in the 80's they had a facinating mirror universe storyline in the Star Trek comics published by DC. It involved the mirror Spock (now in command of the Excelsior NX-2000) leading an entire fleet through a stargate for the purpose of conquering the Federation in this Universe. I seem to recall that the mirror Spock was killed by our Spock in a kind of "mind-meld dual" of wills. I wish DC had published those stories in a collected edition.