Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "The Forgotten"?

What rating would you give "The Forgotten" out of 10?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Forgotten" out of 10?

Great episode! 9 or 9.5 out of 10!! Looking forward to E2 (ok, E-squared, but I don't know how to do a superscript with this type of coding) next week!

Click for Spoiler:

Plus, I like Randy Oglesby's work as Degra, and also as other characters in Trek. And, he and I share the same last name! :assimilated:

Looking forward to E2 (ok, E-squared, but I don't know how to do a superscript with this type of coding)

E^2

I loved the episode...I gave it a 10. I love the fact that they have taken the time to show that the crew is struggling, both with emotions connected with loss, with surviving in a broken-down vessel, and with completing their mission.

Click for Spoiler:

One of my favorite scenes was a scene with Archer and Degra where Archer admits that erasing another's memory is not a good way to build trust. Then Degra says the one thing he thinks the Reptilians are right about is the deceptiveness of humans. Archer does not really respond to that particular charge, because after all, they have done some very questionable things to get to this point, including stealing a warp core. Archer keeps such a straight face.

I think Degra is impressed with the desparate straits the ship of humans finds itself in, while yet pressing on toward trying to save earth. He sees the incredible damage to Enterprise. He sees the incredible bravery and self-sacrifice the crew is willing to endure in order to continue on. He has to be impressed with strength of character exhibited by Malcolm. He has to be impressed by the strength of will and single-mindedness of Archer. It also has to impress him that there is only one ship. The Reptilians do not believe there is only one but Degra must now know.

I also liked the scene with T'pol and Trip (I can't believe it...I finally liked a scene with those two) where T'pol, who could not find words of comfort, offered her hand. It was a great moment. Then she reiterated one of the facts that has been established about Vulcans in this Trek series,namely that Vulcans without logic have severe difficulty controlling their emotions. Remember the episode with the Vulcan that forced T'pol to mind-meld? T'Pol envied Trip in his pain because he could "handle" what he felt. A really great scene!

I've been having a difficult time trying to review this episode. Maybe I'll rewatch it - I was tired when I first saw it. I gave it an 8.5 - it was good but I wasn't "wowed". Trinneer was excellent in this episode and I agree Degra is becoming a fascinating character - I am developing empathy for him. The actor (Oglesby?) is doing a terrific job.

Click for Spoiler:

MJ, I agree the scene with Trip and T'Pol was touching and it was more "real" and "meaningful" than any others they have had.

If not for events of the last couple of episodes I might be able to warm up to her character. I have to point out - she wasn't forced into a mind meld - she agreed to it - when it became too intense she wanted to back out and at that point she was forced to continue. I know most people disagree with me regarding her drug issue but I just can't get past that they just blew it off like it was nothing and they wouldn't be in the mess they're in if she had been in control. And this was another choice by her. Sadly, I've found I've lost regard for Trip as a character because he is involved with her and that's sad because he is/was a great character and Trinneer is an excellent actor.

The upside is I've liked the development of Archer - he is showing great resolve - as someone pointed out - he is/was an explorer adventurer forced into the gravest of situations and he had the moral fiber to do what it takes for humanity to survive. I loved that scene where Degra was amazed at the accuracy of their instruments and Archer pointed out the Enterprise was intended to be a vessel of exploration not war.

I've been having a difficult time trying to review this episode.  Maybe I'll rewatch it - I was tired when I first saw it.  I gave it an 8.5 - it was good but I wasn't "wowed".  Trinneer was excellent in this episode and I agree Degra is becoming a fascinating character - I am developing empathy for him.  The actor (Oglesby?) is doing a terrific job.

Click for Spoiler:

MJ, I agree the scene with Trip and T'Pol was touching and it was more "real" and "meaningful" than any others they have had.

If not for events of the last couple of episodes I might be able to warm up to her character.  I have to point out - she wasn't forced into a mind meld - she agreed to it - when it became too intense she wanted to back out and at that point she was forced to continue.  I know most people disagree with me regarding her drug issue but I just can't get past that they just blew it off like it was nothing and they wouldn't be in the mess they're in if she had been in control.  And this was another choice by her.  Sadly, I've found I've lost regard for Trip as a character because he is involved with her and that's sad because he is/was a great character and Trinneer is an excellent actor.

The upside is I've liked the development of Archer - he is showing great resolve - as someone pointed out - he is/was an explorer adventurer forced into the gravest of situations and he had the moral fiber to do what it takes for humanity to survive.  I loved that scene where Degra was amazed at the accuracy of their instruments and Archer pointed out the Enterprise was intended to be a vessel of exploration not war.

Click for Spoiler:

For me the jury is still out on T'pol, and precisely because of your posts questioning the fact that the consequences of her drug addiction have not been handled well. I think the writers did not think it through, because to really deal with it would make things very complex and difficult for Archer, more so than they already are. I am waiting to see if a little Vulcan integrity asserts itself, and causes T'pol to confess to Archer.

I like this episode because there was so much going on between the characters (except Hoshi and Mayweather), substantive interaction, the kind that should have been going on instead of the teasing scenes.

I gave this episode a 9.5/10, definitely one of the best episodes of the season.

Connor is such a great actor, I loved his scene with T'Pol at the end and his speech..

I was expecting more action but got something even better, character development!! :blink: Can hardly wait until next week!!

I watched this again and one thought I had is the fate of two entire races (the Xindi and humans) is really in the hands of independent actors rather than "official channels". Degra and the Sloth Xindi are acting on their own although they are trying to get Council approval.

One observation

Click for Spoiler:

When Degra destroyed one of his own ships - Archer understood all too painfully the meaning of "necessary" I think ENT is doing a good job of showing there is nothing glorious about war

Now a couple of what might seem like nit picky questions.

Click for Spoiler:

how can anyone's medical condition be confidential with Phlox shouting in his loud voice in a very small, open sickbay? How could those crewmen lying there not hear him tell T'Pol there were only minute traces of trellium left in her bloodstream?

If Enterprise is the first warp vessel - what sort of ship did Trip have Taylor transferred off of?

Oh and one more question answered

Click for Spoiler:

They still have cars and car salesmen in the twenty second century -

I would have given it a different title: SHIPWRECKED......... :blink:

Click for Spoiler:

how can anyone's medical condition be confidential with Phlox shouting in his loud voice in a very small, open sickbay?  How could those crewmen lying there not hear him tell T'Pol there were only minute traces of trellium left in her bloodstream?

If Enterprise is the first warp vessel - what sort of ship did Trip have Taylor transferred off of?

Enterprise was the first warp V vessel...They had vessels that travelled at lower warp. Remember the Enterprise epsiode, told largely in flashback, where Archer was competing with a friend to test Warp 2 ships?

Click for Spoiler:

Probably some crewmembers are beginning to gossip about T'pol. It has to come out somehow.

I just saw it, and give it a 9.

I agree with everyone else hear, Connor Trineer is the man. Even though I thought the dialogue where he chewed out Degra was forced, I still liked his acting. This episode had a lot of just shear development of different situations. It was almost like a day in the life of Enterprise. The whole thing with the plasma rupture was for the most part pointless, but i still enjoyed it and I havn't heard any other complaints about it. I also like the Archer/Degra bond thats growing. I hope that the writers find a way to get Degra back even after the Xindi arc is done with. I also liked the part with the dead crewman in her quarters. I'm not normally a fan of dream sequences, but this was quite entertaining.

And Phlox convincing Trip to go to bed was absolutly great. I was laughing the whole way through. And now I'm really liking T'Pol and Trip together. This episdoe made you feel like it was something more than just an emotionally unstable Vulcan and a horny Engineer. There is a strong bond growing there.

One last tid-bit, the Reptillian Captain, was good as well. Just a very untrust worthy, Reptiliian feel about him. It's a shame he had to die. I would have enjoyed seeing him in other episodes.

Now that I think about it, this episode deserves a 9.5 at the very least for everything that it did. Like Bolivar said in the first post a very nice change of pace from the hypertension/ action packed feel of Azati Prime and Damage. Very nice.

Hmm..this episode had a Sixth Sense feel to it.

Click for Spoiler:

Especially when the crewman was talking to Trip. To be honest....I didn't really like that scene and I can't explain why. His speech at the end was great though.

Can't wait till E2 baby!!

Sign in to follow this