Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "The Forgotten"?

What rating would you give "The Forgotten" out of 10?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "The Forgotten" out of 10?

The Forgotten was a change of pace for the time being. It was slow, with relatively little action. But in actions stead was downright good acting. I was impressed to the Nth degree by Connor (Trip) for the 2nd time with this episode. The first was during Similitude. Once again I found myself saying, "That man can act!" I think it was good that they dealt with Trip's attitude toward the Xindi and his feelings about his lost sister. His scenes were definately the steal of the show. But I also thought the interaction between Archer and Degra were fantastic as well. I thought that it was fitting that Degra is now truly on Archer's side. The message is that sometimes people do things that are wrong (such as attacking Earth) but if they are open to the possibility that what they did was wrong then there is still salvation and hope for them and, in this case, hope for Archer, his crew, and Earth. Degra I'm sure will make up for his past mistakes. I was glad to see the firm handshake at the end of the episode. It seemed fitting between the Captain and Degra. I think the meaning to this is that it only takes one person to make a difference, and Degra is the only one that is truly willing to help. The other Xindi still remain skeptical but I have a feeling that will change for the more humanish Xindi. The Reptilians, I'm guessing, will remain intent on destruction. As for the possibility of T'Pol keeping her emotions. I'm up for that idea so long as she maintains some of what makes her Vulcan. I don't want her to become a "human" character entirely, but I do want her to be somewhat emotional. It is the thing that makes her Vulcan character refreshing in comparison to other Vulcans of Trek. Without the great actings and fabulous story line of Trip, specifically, I might give this episode a 7.5 to 8. But because I think the acting was brilliant I think I will do something I rarely do and lay down a bid of 10. This episode deserves it! I cannot wait till next weeks episode. By the way, I'm surprised that this episode didn't get very many 10's. Edited by Captain Bolivar

I gave it a 9.5, almost perfect.

Click for Spoiler:

The only part I didn't like was Trip's attitude. As a Sr. officer he would understand the importance of keeping his feelings for Degra to himself.

I'd say it was pretty good, but I was a bit drunk when I watched it (still am, it just ended) so I kind of got confused sometimes.

Maybe so, VABeachGuy,if this were the TNG perfect people show.

Click for Spoiler:

Trip is overtired, overworked, shattered and the grief he'd been keeping locked away is coming loose. Meanwhile there in front of him is the guy who killed his sister and has been designing the weapon to kill everyone on Earth.

I give the show a perfect 10. Only my third this season after Similitude and Twilight. Connor Trinneer was amazing. His speech was just wonderfully acted.

Edited by Trinneergirl

I gave it a 9.5, it's one of my favorites so far of this season. The episode seemed flow along smoothly without any stagnant points in the script.

This was one of the best episodes of the series. Not THE best, but one of the best. You just didn't know what was going to happen with Degra, and Trip's speech was just so good, and he acted his part amazingly well. I just sat and wanted to cry over Elizabeth with him. It was just soo sad. It was almost real. You could just almost feel the same pain. Very very good episode.

Didn't get a chance to see it but from what I've heard it sounds great. I have another thread on this already but could someone please give me the names of any of the dead crewmen mentioned. You know if you taped it or whatever. I've heard Taylor, Mercell, and Karmata but I'd like confirmation.

I'd say it was an excellent episode. I loved it :rofl:

Edited by Jeanway

One of the best episodes of the season. I'm going to give it a 9.5..

Click for Spoiler:

I liked Trips emotional scenes. About time he showed some emotion with regards to his sister. I just didn't like his attitude towards Degra..But I certainly understood the reason behind it..

I keep waiting to hear Crewman Cutlers name mentioned as one of the casualities..But it hasn't happened yet..

It wasn't the best. But it was pretty good. What I did like is the plot development in this episode. Unfortunately, I had never heard of the deceased crewman, but JackBauer can update that for me.

Ladies, gentlemen, respectfully.....Trip hadn't slept in days and the man who built the weapon that killed her was on board chatting with his colleagues. I can fathom why he was a tad unpleasant to him. If he'd offered him a coke and a piece of pecan pie that wouldn't have translated believably on screen. Why, just yesterday I was quite rude to the guy who ax murdered my nephew when he dropped by to have tea with my sister and me. :rofl: :rofl: Perspective, good people. This isn't TNG. Thank God.

9.5 from me. How great is Randy Oglesby as Degra? Think of what the man did. He fired on his own people and killed them. What demons of hell he will face in his own mind and heart. How fantastic is Connor? I felt as if I were intruding on his and T'Pol's privacy. Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous moment as two beings connected emotionally, one offering and the other accepting comfort. The Trip/Phlox standoff in the hallway....you will get some sleep, young man!....priceless. :(

I gave the episode a 9. I liked it a whole lot better than Damage. I hope somewhere down the line that the Enterprise returns the warp coil to the alien ship. I also hope that Degra gets a better hairstyle. :rofl: It will be interesting if the Suliban pop back up in the finale or next season. I would like to season Romulan not their faces but their ships (to stay with canon).

I thought it was a great episode :rofl:

I didn't really get the full experience of the episode due to distractions....

But I gave it a 9 or 9.something. I enjoyed seeing the "ghost" of Jane Taylor, and thought "The Forgotten" was a better episode than "Damage"...

I'm still enjoying the Temporal Cold War and Xindi storylines, and hopes Enterprise will dish out some more good episodes in our future...

*looks for the next episode: E-Squared (or E to the 2nd power :rofl: *lastresort.jpg42.gif

The Adventures of STF.net

Was typing my final paper for the semester. I might get to watch it this wkend.

I gave the show a 9...Trip was awesome (acting was a 10)...

Click for Spoiler:

I think it was great that Trip went after Degra(sorry VBG) but they are trying to convince this alien to ally with them and he designed the weapon that killed 7 mil humans...not every one is going to be a smiling toothy obey orders at any cost kind of soldier...and if I were Degra i'd been at bit suspicous if all had been smooth...I think trip finally dealing with the death of his sister, tiggered by the the death of his engineer was brilliant writing and fit into the arc wonderfully....and the scene out on the hull was a bonus for me...I love that stufff

I gave it an 8 witch I think is the highest number I have given an ep.

Click for Spoiler:

I just loved the charicter devlopment. They should have just skipped damage and shown this one last week.

One thing I was a bit disappointed with was:

Click for Spoiler:

That they didn't use this chance to dedicate something to Crewman Cutler (Kellie Waymie). I think this would have been the perfect place to do it, instead of Trip doing it for some unknown crewman.

One thing I was a bit disappointed with was:

Click for Spoiler:

That they didn't use this chance to dedicate something to Crewman Cutler (Kellie Waymie). I think this would have been the perfect place to do it, instead of Trip doing it for some unknown crewman.

I agree with you VBG..I keep waiting for them to do something for Crewman Cutler/Kellie Waymire..What are they waiting for ??

I gave this episode an 8.5.

This was definitely Connor Trinneer's "coming out" party as an actor.

Many times in Trek, they will put one of their supporting characters "front and center" in an episode. Many times we see how two dimensional their acting skills really are.

Not Trinneer. He has truly given Trip some depth.

Kudos to Trinneer! :rofl:

I agree with you VBG..I keep waiting for them to do something for Crewman Cutler/Kellie Waymire..What are they waiting for ??

Maybe they don't think that because she had a few scenes in one episode or so that they should so anything special for her. It wasn't like she was a main character or anything like the Australian actor who was on JAG and died, and had a tribute.

It was a few small scenes, they have probably forgotten about her by now.

Ladies, gentlemen, respectfully.....Trip hadn't slept in days and the man who built the weapon that killed her was on board chatting with his colleagues. I can fathom why he was a tad unpleasant to him. If he'd offered him a coke and a piece of pecan pie that wouldn't have translated believably on screen.  Why, just yesterday I was quite rude to the guy who ax murdered my nephew when he dropped by to have tea with my sister and me.  ;):naughty:  Perspective, good people.  This isn't TNG.  Thank God.

9.5 from me.  How great is Randy Oglesby as Degra?  Think of what the man did.  He fired on his own people and killed them. What demons of hell he will face in his own mind and heart. How fantastic is Connor? I felt as if I were intruding on his and T'Pol's privacy.  Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous moment as two beings connected emotionally, one offering and the other accepting comfort. The Trip/Phlox standoff in the hallway....you will get some sleep, young man!....priceless. :bow:

MoulinRouge, you said it all for me. I couldn't agree more!

A definite 9.5+ in my book!

In response to WEARETHEBORG's post. The following crewman were deceased prior to Azati Prime:

-Daniels (I count him as deceased)

-Fitzgerald (The name I gave the crewman who died in 'Chosen Realm'

-Fuller (Male) (From Anomaly)

-Sim (I think he counts)

Unfortunately, I did not see "The Forgotten" so I cannot record names for anyone who died except for the female Crewman Taylor (There was a male one earlier). I hope if someone taped it they could review the scene and pass the names along.

Maybe they don't think that because she had a few scenes in one episode or so that they should so anything special for her. It wasn't like she was a main character or anything like the Australian actor who was on JAG and died, and had a tribute.

It was a few small scenes, they have probably forgotten about her by now.

They haven't forgotten about her. In fact if I remember correctly they said they would do something. She was in more then a few scenes, and was more then a simple extra.

I loved this ep enough to watch it 3 times last night! Yeah, watched it while taping it, watched it again and then watched it when hubby got home! :bow:

I am very impressed with the way Trinneer has developed as an actor... not just a pretty face anymore! And the scene where...

Click for Spoiler:

T'Pol is trying to comfort Trip and she explains that Vulcans have emotions, but lose control of them if they let them out.

That was a very touching scene.

Anyone else notice that LeVar Burton directed this one? We should let him direct all of them! :naughty:

I'm really hoping the rest of the season is as strong as this ep!

Sign in to follow this