Sign in to follow this  
ussacclaim

Driving A Car

Alright, here's another personal reflection post.

Does anyone here say anything Star Trek related while driving their car, truck, van, boat, bike, whatever?

Sometimes for some reason when I put te keys in the ignition I say

"Computer, begin engine statup sequence"

Ok, now you all have to make any confessions! :rofl:

I'm so obsessed that I pretend to go through a transwarp conduit when I am walking...

I know I'm obsessed with the Borg...

It's sad....

:says the sad rant:

Well, I don't think I have ever Said anything, but sometimes when I put the key in the ignition I think to myself "Engage".

I haven't gotten my permit yet, so I haven't driven yet either, but I'm visually impaired and I need a bioptic (essentially glasses with a mini-telescope attached to one lens) to drive, and when I first got it I looked at myself in the mirror to see how odd I looked and it reminded me of those Borg eyepieces. It just needs a laser-pointer attachment for the full effect :rofl:

Ok I confess.

I don't drive but if my brother in law takes us out in the car I have been known to say "release docking clamps Mr Paris" as we set off. :rofl: *Delta runs from men coming to lock her up* :rofl:

I just bought a car about 1 month ago only problem is with broken fingers i cant drive because i cant change gear with my hand :rofl: which is get me a little angry because these last few days its been sunny weather and i love going to the beach :( :rofl:

I don't know about when it comes to driving (i'm still working on that part :rofl: ), but it seems like half the time i leave my computer expecting it to show me as "away" or some such on my messenger programs. :rofl:

I sometimes long for phasers or photon torpedoes or disrupters mounted in the front of my car but the urge passes, usually.

When in the car I tend to think of every ten MPH being a "warp factor"

so when I go 60 I'm all engage at warp six!

and when I walk around I can only think how cool it would be if there was a sattelite system around earth that allows transportation all over earth...

Once, when someone cut me off, I said this...

Click for Spoiler:

KHANNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

Click for Spoiler:

KHANNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

lol

thats great!

i have been known to play RC's "Star Trek Raphsody" while driving ... or Russell Watson's "Where My Heart Will Take Me".

but never anything from my mouth

I am not aware of doing anything like this, but I nevertheless consider myself a devoted st fan.

I have this CD that I burned myself with my favorite Trek theme songs on it that I like to listen to while driving..I like Nichelle Nichols CD 'Out of this world'..I have a lot of those songs are on that CD as well..

Engage..!!

Click for Spoiler:

KHANNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

LMAO! That's great. :assimilated:

When I was little, I always thought of the turnpike as a wormhole, since it was faster (haha) than other ways to get places. Also, I thought really briefly of getting an old Plymoth Reliant with a custom plate of NCC-1864.

Edited by MrPsychic

I have all the themes except the Original series and the theme from Enterprise on a CD, along with Star Trekkin and Star Trek Rhapsody. I also found the Inner Light theme (and have three versions of the DS9 theme). That's the extent of my car Trekking...

Before we bought our new Hyundai SUV, we had an old Chevy S10 ... toward the end, every time I got in the vehicle, it wouldn't start the first umpteen times I tried and I would always look over at my husband and say,

"It's dead, Jim."

That's the only thing involving a car, but our speech is peppered with ST phrases all the live long day!

"I would not presume to debate you." Kirk

How do you feel? Computer to Spock

"Double dumbass on you!" Kirk

"I can't control the laws of physics, Captain!" Scotty

"It's insidious." Garak

"I'm a people person!" Quark

etc. etc.

oh dang! i just almost got hit by a semi-trailer....i kinda swore out the side of my car - wailing hands:

"Shields at 20%, the Borg swiped us."

I cant drive a car yet either but I do sing Russel Watsons "Faith of the Heart" all the time. P.S. you can find a sound clip of this song at www.trekconnection.com/sounds/mp3/

Anyone listen to ' CARTALK ' on the radio? I do, it's hyterical. They also have a web-site, Cartalk.Com, also hysterical. Frick and Frack, the Tappit Brothers, go look. :drool: