Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Evans

Best Communications Officer?

Who's the best comm officer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best comm officer?

• Hoshi Sato
    • Uhura
    • Data (Doubling as ship's science officer)
    • Kira Nerys (Doubling as Bajoran security officer)
    • Harry Kim

In case you need reminding:-

Click for Spoiler:

Hoshi Sato

320x240.jpg

Uhura

320x240.jpg

Data

240x320.jpg

Kira Nerys

320x240.jpg

Harry Kim

320x240.jpg

Hm, I go with Uhura. I like her somehow though she does not have *that* much to do ( :lol: ). So she gets my vote.

I don't think of Data being a communications officer on TNG. It seems to me that when the Enterprise was hailed 9 times out of 10 either Tasha or Worf informed the captain. Also when Picard wanted to mute a transmission he always indicated that to Tasha or Worf.

I voted for Hoshi. She's the only one who has not had the universal translator to assist her so her job is much tougher than the others.

Uhura can clear up any transmission. Cripes, she could successfully open a channel to a pancake if Kirk told her to.

Uhura. She has a no nonsense attitude and she gets the job done. I know I wouldn't want to mess with her. Look what happened to the guy in Star Trek III. She locked him in the closset, lol.

Edited by Vulcan IDIC

Uhura can clear up any transmission.  Cripes, she could successfully open a channel to a pancake if Kirk told her to.

Although you are undoubtedly right :naughty: I still voted for Data. I like TOS best, but Data still was the best in my opinion.

Uhura can clear up any transmission.  Cripes, she could successfully open a channel to a pancake if Kirk told her to.

Although you are undoubtedly right :naughty: I still voted for Data. I like TOS best, but Data still was the best in my opinion.

I double that! I like TOS best too, but Data is way cooler than Uhura.

LOL! Very true. I love Uhura. She's the only other ST character that I love as much as Riker.

Uhura of couse the others are just operations or aren't that great...

Not that I consider Data as a communications officer, but since he is on the list I voted for him.

I went with harry kim..lol nah j/k....I voted for Uhura she was always cool under pressure,and like NIK said she can open a channel to anything.

In terms of having to do the most as a Comm. officer and doing it very well, I've gotta go with Hoshi. Communication is just more difficult when you have a primitive U.T. and a nack for languages. (Plus she's cute)

Only Hoshi and Uhura are communications officers. In TNG/DS9/VOY, communications is integrated into the ship's systems, thus a communications officer is no longer neccessary. With that said, I voted for Uhura. :blink:

Edit: I forgot to add, Data is the chief opperations officer, not science officer. Also, Kira is DS9's executive officer and Bajoran liason, Odo is the chief of security.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard

I agree CJLP only Uhura and Hoshi are communication officers. And it was a hard choice for me.

I voted for Hoshi - she has a hard job figuring out all those alien languages.

In terms of having to do the most as a Comm. officer and doing it very well, I've gotta go with Hoshi. Communication is just more difficult when you have a primitive U.T. and a nack for languages. (Plus she's cute)

I'm glad someone pointed that out. Hoshi has the most difficult job of anyone that's done the job on Star Trek. She has no UT at many times to do the job for her, and when it does work it's spotty so whe has to learn the language to translate it.

Also, Kira wasn't Bajoran Security or Comm Officer. She was the second in command (First Officer) of the station. Odo was Head of Bajoran Security on the station.