Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Evans

Best Communications Officer?

Who's the best comm officer?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the best comm officer?

• Hoshi Sato
    • Uhura
    • Data (Doubling as ship's science officer)
    • Kira Nerys (Doubling as Bajoran security officer)
    • Harry Kim

Uhura- hands down

I don't know if anyone remembers the "In Living Color" Star Trek sketch- but it had the best Uhura quote, ever.

Second place is definitely Hoshi

Uhura ofcourse she is a woman with b.lls

:naughty:

I picked Uhura, simply for the same reason i picked Spock. The original was the best, even if she didn't show a knack for being able to chat without a UT :naughty: .

Well, for me it was between Sato and Uhura.

Sato had a bigger challenge in the performance of her job, and more personal challenges to overcome, her fear of being on a starship, for example. She also was a linguinstics prodigy. And they were just developing the universal translator. The translation of the language of the web-like creature that had the captain, Trip, a security officer, and two engineers captive, was brilliant.

Uhura was a more seasoned, reliable bridge officer who knew her job to the hilt, including being able to repair her station, and so had engineering as well as linguistic skills. In the Enterprise cartoon series, there was even an episode where she had to take command of Enterprise! That demonstrated initiatve. So she had the potential to be a command officer, had her ambitions led her in that direction. She was also skilled at other duty stations, as we have seen her operate the transporter. We have seen her handle the comm station on alien ships, and so forth.

Uhura is the more complete of the two. I voted for her. As Sato continues to develop, she will attain or excede Uhura's depth.

Uhura can clear up any transmission.  Cripes, she could successfully open a channel to a pancake if Kirk told her to.

Amen! <_< Hoshi does an incredible job and this was a tough choice, but I think I've got to go with Uhura. :nono:

I voted for Hoshi, because she is the first communication officer. She blazzed trail so Uhura could follow. Without Hoshi Uhura might have a different job.

Edited by Odie