Sign in to follow this  
savien

Online StarTrek RPG?

Would you play an online Star Trek RGP?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play an online Star Trek RGP?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (specify)

Online RPG's are booming right now and there are SOOO many coming around. This would probably be hard one to make (not for lack of content) but because you got some powerhouses to compete with, Everquest being the King... and now we got Star Wars Galaxies coming out (Which I will probably Play).

I wish there was a Star Trek RGP online. But im not sure if there is enough support for one? Heck i think they have enough trouble making regular PC games.

Has anyone here played Star Trek: Bridge Commander? I would so love for that style of game to be a massive online RPG, hopefully with some kind of carear advancement. At the moment, Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 is the best (semi) online RPG we loyal trekkers have...

Oh and yes I would definetly play a Star Trek MMRPG.

As long as it 's orginized enough so that a bunch of people can play. I don't want to be the junior science officer that has nothing to do.

I like RPG's with original artwork, such as little-used or never-before-used classes. (e.g.: Maximum Defiant.Net's "Phase II" designs such as the Valiant Class starship concepts.) Original characters (including photo-manips of NPC's from other RPG's in "crossovers".) Refit stations (e.g.: Jason Tinsley's "Alexandria-Class" shipyard as a refit Empok Nor / DS9, that I use for my own site.) Or interesting city landscapes from "Bladerunner" or "Star Wars" fan sites as plausible 22nd, 23rd, or 24th Century Federation colonies. Artwork helps me wrap my brain around the RPG's current circumstances. Impoverished planets, etc. Plus most RPG sites lack "alternatives", such as allowing its members to post full-length fan fiction on the RPG site in a separate area from the Crew Manifest list, about their own character describing how they evolved emotionally or physically upto the current timeline. (e.g.: ex-Borg characters, etc.)

You're right. There are younger viewers/participants involved which is why you get a separate MSN or Yahoo! Group for *ahem* "inappropriate", "suggestive" material & require full age & other details to be disclosed on members' profile sites before they're approved & granted entry. I personally *love* a bit of graphic fiction to blow off some steam once in a while, though "Slash" in the usual forms doesn't do much for me.

I would play an online StarTrek RPG if it were being played on this message board and only if I knew the rules of the RPG. :dude:

I would play an online StarTrek RPG if it were being played on this message board and only if I knew the rules of the RPG. :)

COUNT ME IN. I'VE GOT MY CHARACTER,ALREADY :) :devil:

Has anyone here played Star Trek: Bridge Commander? I would so love for that style of game to be a massive online RPG, hopefully with some kind of carear advancement. At the moment, Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3 is the best (semi) online RPG we loyal trekkers have...

Oh and yes I would definetly play a  Star Trek MMRPG.

I love Star Trek: Starfleet Command 3, It's a GREAT game, I downloaded the Dominion Wars mod and i've been kicking Dominion butt =P

I'm willing to try anything once if i dont like i would not do it again but i'm sure i would as long as it was organsied. :)

Ever since I heard "Star Wars Galaxies" was coming out, I thought a Star Trek MMORPG would be a great idea. Glad to see others thinking likewise. :)

I played "Everquest" for the longest time, but I am not really a big fantasy fan. EQ just happened to be a very good MMORPG.

Unfortunately, I think it is going to be many years until we get a Star Trek MMORPG.

:bow:

I voted yes, but I don't have my own internet, so it could only be then I'm at the library, or at my dad's house. (Or other in my family or friends who do have internet. ) So it is a very small chance for me at this moment to join an online RPG... :garak:

:wow:

I would love to see a good online trek RPG, Dont get me wrong, I love the text based ones, I currently participate in 4 and am Captain of another (Anyone interested in joining? just pm me) But actual ones where you can see what is happening on the screen as a character in a room would be great - If they do it justice that is

I dunno if I would or not. I've had pretty bad luck with online fan-based RPGs as it is. Mainly because I always want to play my character Overload, who's an android. I always catch heck for that because people automatically think I'm going to be a powergamer. >.<

If there RPG for Star Wars than Star Trek sould have one! :laugh:

I say yes, but it should be designed like the way Earth2025 is designed in RPG.

I agree with the second post! I used to play Earth2025 and it is very enjoyable.

I might. Depending on the cost. That is why I have never played Star Wars Galaxies. It costs like $50 US for the game, then like 15 bucks a month to play.