Sign in to follow this  
Star Trek Fan

I just got back from D.C.AND (Something Star Trek)

I just got back from Washington D.C. with my grade!!! I SAW THE ACTUAL ONE AND ONLY MODEL OF THE ORIGINAL ENTERPRISE USED IN FILMING, ETC... (and I saw the stand!!!) I will post my over a dozen photos of THE REAL NCC-1701 shortly!

It was an awesome 5-day trip, but the last museum we went to was the Air and Space, which is where it was. It was an awesome way to end an awesome trip.

I have non-digital photos, but I will "digitize" them. First, they must be developed.

(Note to mod: move to photo album if you want to. Or you can wait for me to post the photos. Or you don't have to move it at all.)

Edited by -Harry Kim-

How cool! :)

I don't see any reason to move this, you're telling us about your trip.

I grew up just 15 to 20 minutes away from the Mall by taking the Metro (Subway). I used to go down there to the Air and Space Museum a couple times a week. My brothers and I used to go down there just to buy model air plains to build since they had a better selection then the nearby toy/hobby stores.

Do they still have the Enterprise hanging over the entrance to the gift shop?

I've only been to DC once but I'd love to visit again. I remember standing in front of Lincoln's statue at the Lincoln monument and feeling chills go through my body. :)

It's downstairs now, and I got the Holograms Handbook!!!

It was always downstairs, but it was hanging over the entrance to the gift shop. If you walk in and have your back to the front door it was all the way to the left end of the building. There was a display of the Lunar Module and then to the left of that the Enterprise hung over the entrance of that gift shop. I believe up on the second level was a cafeteria.

Now you go into the museum, then the shop, then go down an escalator, then you walk a little, and THERE IT IS!!!

(I mean in the BELOW GROUND FLOOR)

Edited by -Harry Kim-

Now you go into the museum, then the shop, then go down an escalator, then you walk a little, and THERE IT IS!!!

(I mean in the BELOW GROUND FLOOR)

Ok, I just went to their website. I see they moved it and built a display case for it. Last time I was there in 1987 it was there almost as an after thought just hainging above the gift shop. Still looks like it's in front of the Gift Shop though.

Wow, it sounds like you had a fascinating time. I would love to go to D.C. and tour the whole city. I'm going to one of these days. Can't wait to see your pictures.

I have been to Washington DC once. It was when the USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75) got commissioned about 6 years ago. I was there with my family for a few hours. I wish I could have seen the "Enterprise". But than, the ship that I was on always seems to be on the same pier as USS Enterprise (CVN 65). :)

Edited by Odie

My wife was on the Big E. I went to DC once, and that was for a tour of the 5 sided Funny Farm, so technically I wasn't even in DC, I was in Virginia.

Wow, it sounds like you had a fascinating time.  I would love to go to D.C. and tour the whole city.  I'm going to one of these days.  Can't wait to see your pictures.

You really don't want to tour the whole city, just the Mall. Here's a few pics.... I'm just having way too much fun with the satellite photos! LOL

Click For Spoiler

Just for refrence sake, the arrow on the left of this pic is to the White House. THe second arrow 4 miles away is to where I grew up. THe 2 blue circles are where the Redskins played/play. The left one is RFK stadium in DC. The one on the right is FedEX Field in Maryland.

metro4.JPG

Sounds like you had a great time HK..I'll be interested in checking out your pics too..Nice view of the area VBG.

I just got back from Washington D.C. with my grade!!! I SAW THE ACTUAL ONE AND ONLY MODEL OF THE ORIGINAL ENTERPRISE USED IN FILMING, ETC... (and I saw the stand!!!) I will post my over a dozen photos of THE REAL NCC-1701 shortly!

It was an awesome 5-day trip, but the last museum we went to was the Air and Space, which is where it was.  It was an awesome way to end an awesome trip.

I have non-digital photos, but I will "digitize" them.  First, they must be developed.

(Note to mod: move to photo album if you want to.  Or you can wait for me to post the photos.  Or you don't have to move it at all.)

did you see the spock phaser in the pop culture section of the American History Museum???

I know it was on your itenerary.

I went on it last year fyi for all you who didn't know....

Same school different grade...

how was it???

AIM me later...

Love the airel picture there VBG. The last time I saw the Grateful Dead was at RFK stadium, of course it looked bigger when I was there.

Washington DC is a great town, I've been many times. The Smithsonian Institute is awesome!!! I can spend hours just wandering around there (And have).

I recommend a visit to DC, lots of great stuff to see and its also a great party town!!!

The pictures will be coming in the next few minutes, but I got a "picture CD" and the quality is pretty crudy. Also, only one or two turned out.

Here they are...

Click for Spoiler:

ent1.jpg

(told you they were bad quality)

Click for Spoiler:

ent2.jpg

I will be adding my non-Trek ones to the photo album.