Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Trekkies and Trekkies 2

You see I had never seen the first Trekkies DVD that they did. I got the impression that it was more of a comedy poking fun at us Trek fans. So I never watched it before. I was inspired by the Trekkies 2 chat we had recently..So I ordered the first Trekkies DVD from Amazon.com, it arrived today and I am going to watch it tonight..

Have you guys seen it yet and what did you think of it?

I watched it, I didn't think they were making fun of Trekkies at all. They did focus on the more "interesting" fans and fan groups but that's to be expected. The rest of us are boring lol.

I liked watching Trekkies I..It certainly was interesting..And no, after watching it I don't feel they were poking fun at us..But the cover of the DVD kinda got me thinking it was a comedy about us Trek fans...

Trekkies

A hilarious look at the universe's

most fervant fans.

"The biggest laugh generator since

There's something about Mary!"

That's why I thought it was going to poke fun at us Trek fans. But it wasn't like that. I liked it..

I loved it, it really showed the humanity of trek fans (yeah yeah, i had to include a pun :rofl: ). But really, it would've been nice to see more of the "average" trek fan instead of focusing on the really fanatical ones. Like, seeing someone who just puts together kits and plays the games for fun and to relax, and such. I got a kick outta seeing the minivan though, that was pretty funny :rofl: :( .

From the Trekkies 2 website.

Trekkies 2 will be released in the United States and Canada August 31, 2004. Release in other countries will follow, beginning September or October.

Trekkies 2 will be available as a single DVD. It will also be available as a 2-pack with Trekkies and Trekkies 2 packaged together.

Watch for the TREKKEIS 2 sound track to be released soon after the release of the movie.

I must say that I really enjoyed Trekkies and the sequal. I think what really made it for me was that it was hosted by Denise Crosby, who obviously shares a passion for Star Trek that is the equal of any die-hard fan. I really enjoyed the anecdotes, especially the one from James Doohan about the woman who was considering suicide, and later got her degree in Engineering.

I thought that was an amazing story.

Trekkies/Trekkies 2!

---------------------------

I saw both on the movie network was quite a very enjoyable film the Sequel included the first was more the USA and showing the more fanatical ones then the average fan the sequel had more of a "International" feel to it both Hosted by Denise Crosby who was a former star of TNG year 1 and "Yesterdays Enterprise"and the others where she played Sela the Daughter of Tasha

didn't know they both were out on DVD yet?.

----------------------------------------------------

:laugh::bow::bow::tear: