Sign in to follow this  
Lt. Evans

Best DS9 era starships design?

Which is the best of these starship designs?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best of these starship designs?

• Centaur class
    • Defiant class
    • Norway class
    • Sovereign class
    • Steamrunner class
    • Yeager class

In case you need some examples:-

Centaur class (USS Centaur NCC-42043)

Click For Spoiler
centaur_1.jpg

Defiant class (USS Valiant NCC-74210)

Click For Spoiler
defiant_1.jpg

Norway class (USS Budapest NCC-64923)

Click For Spoiler
norway_1.jpg

Sovereign class (USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E)

Click For Spoiler
sovereign_1.jpg

Steamrunner class (USS Appalacia NCC-52136)

Click For Spoiler
steamrunner_1.jpg

Yeager class (USS Yeager NCC-61947)

Click For Spoiler
yeager_1.jpg

(spoiler tags fixed)

Edited by Alterego

I've loved the Centaur since the first time I saw her, so it gets my vote. The Curry would also be near the top of my list here.

Sovereign Class. I never liked the Defiant class *runs and hides*...

Sovereign Class is just... *sigh* :) my all-time fave ship's class. I just love it. :clap:

I voted Sovereign class (USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E) but I gotta admit now that I get a good look at the Yeager I'm impressed.

Sovereign Class. I never liked the Defiant class *runs and hides*...

Sovereign Class is just... *sigh* B) my all-time fave ship's class. I just love it.  :b-day:

You don't like the Defiant? You what! B)

Seriously though, I agree with you about the Sovereign... one of the best designs to date... I'm also a big fan of the 'Prometheus class' ship design which featured in Voyager.

Edited by Lt. Evans

Defiant class all the way...tuff,fast little ships giving them speed and agility in a fight :biggrin:

I always hated the defiant. It looks like a part from a crappy american made car (my guess would be the muffler or maybe the distributor cap).

I went with the Sovereign Class. Ronald Moore (current auteur of Battlestar Galactica and co-author of First Contact) had some design input and stated that he wanted the new Enterprise to be more muscular and it looks like he got his wish. The Enterprise-E is the ship I wish they'd had for all 7 Seasons of Next Gen.

Out of the list, I'm going with the Sovereign-class, partly b/c the name Enterprise is attached to it.

But, not on the list, I've always liked the Galaxy.

Sovereign, easily. My jaw hit the floor when I first saw the Enterprise-E. Of the Enterprises, it's the nicest. And Defiant has nothing on the -E. I like it, I just don't prefer it.

What about Runabout? Was that just a big shuttle? It was what, 3-5 rooms long? I'm really weak on my DS9 knowledge, so I've only seen each one a couple times. But I know it's bigger than Voyager's Delta Flyer, which has the front room just a little bigger than a normal shuttle plus that whole back area. But I always thought the Runabout was a cool ship. Or shuttle.

I voted for the Centaur,even though I think I read somewhere that it predates the DS9 era,by several decades.

The Defiant is highly original.

And they only made 2 of them. That tells you something right there.

Seriously, that ship had so many design flaws all you had to do was look at it the wrong way and it would start smoking.

I mean come on. Starfleet took one look at the Defiant in battle and said "We can't really fight with these things, what should we do with the other one? Let's just give it to some cadets to play with."

Of the listed classes only Centaur and Defiant are technically DS9 classes. All the others I think comes from First Contact.

Defiant is unusual for a Starfleet design not having hte classic configuration of a saucer in front and nacelles to the rear. Two things put me off the Defiant though, first after four seasons of it the novelty wore off, and second when they brought in another one after they had the balls to destroy the first one they made me dissapointed. (Don't know who said there were only two of them btw, but htere were at least three in DS9 alone and two more showed up in Voyager.)

So my choice is the Centaur. Sleek looking and nifty, and it worked well in the combat scene with Siskos Jem Hadar fighter.

The Defiant class all the way. The Defiant was a nasty little gun platform that was highly maneuverable and could slug it out with the best of them. The Defiant class has sleek classic lines like a 1960's sports car.