Sign in to follow this  
Captain Bolivar

How Would You Rate "Damage"?

What rating would you give "Damage" out of 10?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. What rating would you give "Damage" out of 10?

Click for Spoiler:

An all-around decent episode. Glad we found out abut T'Pol's addiction, although I was a bit annoyed about her being emotional at all.

One thing that puzzled me, though. Why couldn't Archer offer to ferry the aliens until they could return the warp coil? It'd keep everyone alive and happy, and increase the crew a bit. And when everything was done, they'd be returned to their ship or home planet. But maybe I'm just nit-picking.

Enjoyed seeing a sphere-builder. That part I liked.

7/10

Congrats on 1000 posts!!!

<_<

I gave the show 8.5....love it and T'Pol...intense episode.

Click for Spoiler:

I think towing that ship would maybe have put that ship in more danger and been a hinderence to their mission....just a thought!

Eventhough it was pre-empted by Freakin BASKETBALLL, I did listen over the phone with someone. It sounded awsome, just wish I could have SEEN it. I thought BASKETBALL SEASON was over!!!!! :P I don't give a * POOPIE * about BASKETBALL!!!! <_<

I really liked it, I was hoping Enterprise would pick some steam. They had me concerned for a while there. Now I'm curious to see where this season's going to end up at.

Congratulations on 1000 posts, Captain Bolivar!

I rated the episode an 8. I enjoyed it for the most part but

Click for Spoiler:

could have done without the shower scene. It did not lend anything to conveying the desparate nature of T'pol's situation. I thought her clawing around in the cargo hold in a spacesuit was far more effective in conveying her plight.

I was drawn in

Click for Spoiler:

by how precarious their situation was. I thought the scene where all the bridge officers had to duck falling debris made real the fact that they were now flying around in a hull that could any moment break apart. Yet they went about repair duties and mission duties within that uncertainty. Talk about stress!

Click for Spoiler:

Archer's decsion to take the other ship's warp coil against their will was a tough call. I will only be able to be comfortable with it if in the end Archer and crew are somehow able to go back to them on their return trip to the Earth, and give them back their warp coil, or give them another warp coil, to make amends. I don't think giving them more food and trillium d was enough. I understand that the situation was desparate and that Archer had no choice. I just won't have peace with that choice until further amends are made.

If I were going to name this episode, I would name it "Desperation."

This is one of those episodes that had my stomach turning flips.

Congrats, Cap'n! :P

I think I'll just tell you guys what I told my other board.

Click for Spoiler:

Disclaimer: I am NOT, nor will I ever be, an "Enterprise-basher."

I think I'm slowly starting not to be interested in this show anymore.  The episode was uninteresting for the most part, and I dislike Archer more than ever. This is the very first Trek show that has made me root AGAINST the crew. I don't condone Archer's actions at all.

I'm sure I'll like it more when I get to watch it again. Even though the cap'n's actions were amoral (IMO), the episode wasn't awful. 7/10 I'm looking forward to seeing how the season progresses. <_<

Edited by Ace

Click for Spoiler:

Vulcan junkies and George W. Archer! I thought this episode was a great example of what makes Star Trek great. T'Pol's emotionalism is finally addressed- and surprisingly as a Burroughs-esque exploration of addiction. This was a brave position to take, even for ST. Also, this episode spoke directly to Bush's decision to invade Iraq. We know it's the wrong thing to do, and we don't want Archer to do it (neither does the crew), but he does it anyways. It is a decision that would make Picard do an Earl Gray spit-take, and Kirk tear off his girdle. Nonetheless, Archer goes where no moral has been seen before. This doesn't weaken the character or series, it makes it so much more relevant.

Much like Kill Bill Vol. 2, there was less action and adventure than the first installment (Azati Prime). But, the characters and situations were so compelling I didn't miss the Kung Fu.

I gave it an 8.5..A very good episode and I liked it a lot..

Click for Spoiler:

An intense episode. I could feel just how precarious Enterprise was with all that damage and hull breaches..I was glad that Hoshi and Travis actually got to say a few lines of dialogue...I enjoyed seeing a sphere builder and of course Casey Biggs as the alien captain..

Click for Spoiler:

I think we could have done without T'Pol's shower scene though. That didn't add much to the story. That was a tough decision for Archer to make..It would be good if he can go back and render assisitance after the Xindi mission is over..

I haven't given a lot of 10's but for this one I give it a 10. I thought it was a great episode.

And since this insn't a spoiler, I'll mention Casey Biggs being in it. I hadn't read anything about the episode ahead of time. Not even the cast list. So when I heard Damar's voice I said "That's Casey Biggs!!" and was very pleased to see him in the episode.

I think he's at least the third DS9er to be in Enterprise. Damar, Odo and Brunt/Weyoun (That spelling doesn't look quite right). There might have been a couple of others but I'm not sure at the moment.

:( I gave the tonight's show an 8 out of 10. It was very interesting. I was relieved to know that they addressed T'Pol's Addiction.

A Vulcan acting too emotional was not heard of until T'Pol but I still like this character. The last few episodes are very climatic to say the least. I can hardly wait to see what happens next. B)

Overall, Damage was a good episode. <_< :P

Click for Spoiler:

I liked this ep. I think I'd give it an 8.5. I think it gave the crew some more depth and it was a very dark episode. Especially that scene in the ready room with Archer and Phlox. One of the darkest eps of Trek I can remember. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

As for Archer's choice, I think it's a tough one but when it comes down to numbers the proper decision was made. The crew of the Illyrian ship would not necessarily die trying to get home but if Enterprise failed billions would have died. It is not an easy decision to make but I think in the long run, Archer made the right call. I think it is also very interesting to see a Starfleet captain do something so unethical.

Oh and congrats to Captain Bolivar on your 1000th post.

Click for Spoiler:

One of the darkest eps of Trek I can remember. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think "In The Pale Moonlight" takes that proze hands down. This one has it's moments, but the whole episode on DS9 was Dark (in terms of Trek).

An 8, it was pretty good but anything higher i think would be excessive, the dream sequence i also think wasn't required. And actually, it was interesting to see how archer handled the "we need to be there but lack warp drive" issue. Congrats on the 1000th post <_< .

Click for Spoiler:

I think we could have done without T'Pol's shower scene though. That didn't add much to the story. That was a tough decision for Archer to make..It would be good if he can go back and render assisitance after the Xindi mission is over..

Click for Spoiler:

What shower scene? <_<

When the shower scene started I thought "Oh, here we go a little sex to spice things up, typical." But when TPol changed and attacked Trip and woke up in a cold sweat, then I got what the writers were trying to do. It was a very short scene and demonstrated TPol's deteriorating mental state.

I liked it well enough, but it wasn't nearly as strong as I had hoped.

I kept getting interrupted while watching it, so I'm not going to go in depth in case I missed something important.

I swear, people were conspiring to make me miss it... first UPN decided to go back to the 8pm time slot, which I luckily caught so I managed to see the beginning, then we had someone make a delivery for my hubby and THEN like 6 people called me. But that's a whole 'nother post...

Has anyone else noticed how...

Click for Spoiler:

T'Pol always seems to be having the problems? First that Vulcan mind-meld disease and now Trellium-D addiction? Damn, she's unlucky!

I gave it a 9 out of 10....

Thought it was a very good episode of ENT, with many things in there I like (although the shower scene was a bit unnecessary...)...

I liked how Archer had to steal the unnamed species's warp-coil for the sake of a mission and a greater good for the many, and the T'Pol's addiction to Trellium-D wasn't as bad as I thought when it was in the spoilers....

Also enjoyed seeing a Sphere-Builder again... Them transdimensional beings....

<_< I think I seem to have a likeness for the 'darkness' in the episode....

Looking forward for the next eps! :Plastresort.jpg42.gif

The Adventures of STF.net

Click for Spoiler:

What shower scene? <_<

The one in tonight's episode.

That didn't answer my question. :P

There was only one shower scene in tonight's episode.

I am assuming, of course that you have seen the episode.

Well, I watched the whole episode and didn't see it.  What happened? <_<

You must have been on another channel or in the other room at the time. You'd have remembered it for sure.

Click for Spoiler:

T'Pol and Trip were making out in the shower. T'Pol was quite aggressive and at the end of the scene started to turn into a snake-like creature and attacked Trip. Just as that happened she woke up. It was a dream.

Well, I was watching Smallville durring the commercials.  Would you please tell me what scene it preceeded or followed?  Thanks. <_<

Click for Spoiler:

I think the next scene was the one where she goes into the cargo bay to get the trellium. I might be wrong though.

I liked the shower scene and I think it was put in there to show that T'Pol

was...

Click for Spoiler:

so bad off that it even affected her dreams

I gave it a 6.5 although the some of the Xindi is starting to see the light, that is the best part.

As far as Enterprise being space pirates is disapoiting to say the least, I hope they come back and help the alien ship.

And T'Pol is getting irritating for me, I expect more out of Vulcans, even Spock being half Vulcan had better control over his emotions. <_<

Sign in to follow this