Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

MISSED OPPORTUNITY......

We all have SOMETHING we wished we didn't let slide through our fingers. :)

some of us more than others. i wish i would've just got in the fire dept in VA the last couple of times when i had the chance. or just plain taken the chance at a good life a few times when i had the chance.. LIVE AND LEARN.

You know, when this happens to me, to make myself feel better, I think to myself: Somewhere, somehow, there is something better in store for me. This always helps me get through those times CaptWright :) There IS something waiting for you right now, you just don't know it yet :) :)

Edited by Jeanway

I'm usually a person who sees an opportunity, siezes it, tackles it, sucks the marrow out of it's bones, and leaves the remnants for any carrion fowl that might pass by. However, I've started to mellow a bit, and that the world is more than another

challenge but people, most of whom are not nearly as fortunate as I. Slowly, very slowly, my very thick, osmium-plated skull will realize that the best opportunities are those that affect not one's own life, but the lives of others.

You know, when this happens to me, to make myself feel better, I think to myself:  Somewhere, somehow, there is something better in store for me.  This always helps me get throught those times CaptWright :o There IS something waiting for you right now, you just don't know it yet :)  :)

THANKS :wow: i know there is, it just sucks waiting for it after a while. :) but i do feel better even now, knowing that the ball is in motion. :eek: i just now have to be patient. :wow: not an easy thing but doable. :wow:

no need to dwell on mistakes made in the past. live and learn, and never make the same mistake again. or, as william shatner once said

"we must anticipate, and not make the same mistake once"

Well said, Chronic. Life is a big song, and the best thing to do if we can't

anticipate it is just dance with it.

Or..... as my ancestors said:

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Well said, Chronic.  Life is a big song, and the best thing to do if we can't

Did you say what I think? :) Pm please :)

I once turned down an internship at a radio station because I didn't like their format. Then, as a twist of fate I was offered the internship I wanted... I went down there to do my paperwork and the station had been bought out and they no longer had the position.

I definitely learned a lesson about turning my back on a good opportunity.

I have tons more, but that one I kick myself over pretty often!

Well said, Chronic.  Life is a big song, and the best thing to do if we can't

Did you say what I think? <_< Pm please :P

Actually, my ancestors probably didn't say that. But they did indeed speak Latin....

so maybe they said that, but I doubt it.

Carborata? I think someone made that up. :P No such thing back in those days, nik <_< We, We, We?? Do?

For me the problem with missed oppurtunities is that a recognize the opportunity after it runs me off the road on the highway of life, giving me the finger as it passes by. :P

Although occasionally I get lucky and catch one in time. <_<

Carborata?  I think someone made that up. :P No such thing back in those days, nik <_< We, We, We?? Do?

I think "carborata" is like a loan word or something. In the process of learning Latin, I

found a phrase book, and that one stuck in my head, but I think the original does not mean what it means today. That's the problem with dead languages. I don't know enough about Latin to know the origin. Might be a good research.

im trying now to seize every opportunity given me. im tired of letting them go just to see i shouldve taken the chance with it. life is full of risk, and the biggest payoffs, come from the biggest risks.

not to sound stupid :) , but it is late, but jump wright on what?

What ever you've been hinting about to everyone for the past couple weeks, heck, I don't know. :D

oh ok, the whole moving to a new state, and leaving everyone and everything ive known for all my life to start over. that thing. :D im jsut waitin to sell the house and im outta here. :) and hopefully it'll pay off good.