Sign in to follow this  
Stelfan

Star Trek Books

I have never really cared about the Star Trek books, never knew so much about them.. But now as I have ordered one TNG book (thanks to everyone who helped me find it) I was wondering, how many are their? And are they worth buying and reading?

Wich one do you like best, and so on?

I don't know how many there are - A LOT!

I liked (out of the, what, 4 that I read) Immortal Coil and Mozaic and Pathways. Q-Squared was good too (I think - I might be thinking of the wrong book...It was by Peter David, though!)

I've never read any of them, but my sister has shelves and shelves of them, so there are a lot! :laugh: I think her favorite is Imzadi.

Guest Ktrek

I know someone on the Star Trek books email group and he has over 600 and I don't think he has them all. Not only are there hundreds published by Simon and Schuster's Pocket Books division but there were quite a few ST books published by banatma and other in the seventies. In other words you will never run out of stories!! :laugh: If you are interested in JUST TNG books there are 63 numbered books, 19 un-numbered, 12 Novelizations, and several books that are part of crossover series. My favorites are anything by Peter David but Jeffrey Lang has written an excellent Data story called "Immortal Coil". It's one of the best Star Trek - TNG books ever written.

Ktrek

Anyone happen to know any website where you can find and read about all the books?

Just ordered the TNG Technical Manual, by the way, I'm looking forward to reading it :laugh:

If you ordered the Tech Manual from a website then they probably have Trek books too. I know Amazon.com and Amazon.ca have quite a listing.

Amazon.com seem to have a lot, and very cheap, still, I live in Sweden and I have to order with my credit card, wich i don't really feel okey with..

Amazon.com seem to have a lot, and very cheap, still, I live in Sweden and I have to order with my credit card, wich i don't really feel okey with..

Very understandable. I have ordered a few times from Amazon.ca and have had no problems but I still don't like using my credit card over the net if I can help it.

Guest Ktrek

Stelfan

Here is the official website for Simon and Schuster's Star Trek books. The database is searchable and they have a good forum where the editor's Marco Palmieri ann John Ordover often post. Here is the link Star Trek Books Another site of interest to Star Trek book fans is Psi Phi. There are reviews and an excellent forum where several of the Star Trek authors visit. It can be found here:Psi Phi

Hope this helps! :laugh:

Ktrek

I had at one point and time in my own personal colection in 1988 over 100 star trek novels from TOS. That is not counting non story type fan books like blue prints tech mans and Susan Sacket or Bijo Trimble remenisings. If you consider that amazon.com has a lot of Pocket books, and Battam had like 50,60.. and other companies as well......and now they have books comming out in streams for TNG, DS9, Excalibur by Peter David, Starfleet Corps of Engineers, Starfleet Academy...I would say if you do include star trek the new voyages(I WILL NEVER FORGET THE SHORT "FACE ON THE BAR ROOM FLOOR", strange new worlds, other short groupings, non novel stuff like Encyclopedia, Companion, and Guide to .......................................5,000-6,000. and if you dont count all that and only talking novels still over 500. Amazon.com lists over 100 right now and there are a lot I know that are not there. I used to have so many of star trek logs first editions and James Blish's adaptations too. :laugh: I hate thieves. lost it all out in storage.