Sign in to follow this  
sea trooper

Sad TNG episodes

I just saw "Lower Decks", Episode #167 of TNG on TNN and it was really sad. REALLY sad. Poor Sito..... I cried :bow:

Also the end of Nemesis was very sad. I cried and mourned and was very sad for days after. Data and Sito. WHY?

Any deeply emotional TNGs for any of you?

Oh yes......

The one with Data's daughter, Lal, nearly broke my heart.

I feel...

What do you feel, Lal?

I love you father!

(Pause) I wish I could feel it with you.

I will feel it for both of us. Thank you for my life.

Something like that. :bow:

I also thought a Picard episode, Inner Light, was melancholy and moving. :bow:

"Lower Decks" was sad, because we knew Sito Jaxa from "First Duty", and while it was nice to see that she had come aboard the Enterprise, I was sad that she died. also, "Skin of Evil" was really sad, when Tasha Yar died. the memorial service and the hologram made me cry almost. and then there was Data's death in Nemesis. Wow.

Ya..you got me I still cry in "Lower Decks" even thou I know what's coming...

I also think it was a really brilliant episode the way they filmed it from the

junior officers point of view....I especially liked the young Vulcan who

worked with Geordi...he is in a few VOY episodes too.

Another sad one is "Dark Page"

Click for Spoiler:

Troi finds out she had sister she never knew.....she had died when she was a baby

I find "Brothers" to be a sad episode. Data finds his "father " and loses him. Dr. Soong forces Data to come to him and unknowning he called Lore. Data learns his father built him an emotion chip and loses it to Lore.

Oh yes......

The one with Data's daughter, Lau ( sp?), nearly broke my heart.

Data's daughter? :clap: I'm going to have to see that one.

Oh yes......

It was a sad eqisode. Data's daughter name is spelled Lal.

Edited by Odie

I thought HERO WORSHIP was sad,it was about a boy who had lost his family and he thought he was to blame so he started to copy data because he wanted to get rid of his emotions...really sad :clap:

Wow, I never considered TNG episodes to be sad!.....Anyways, I would have to go with 'Skin of Evil' and 'Lower Decks'.

I think one of the biggest tear jerkers though would have to be "The Inner Light" the last scene with picard in his quarters playing his flute thing.. thats a great shot..

I agree with this one. Don't forget the scene when Picard's fictional wife dies.

"Lower Decks" was indeed sad as well.

One thing I always thought was sad was when the viewscreen acivated and we saw the outcome of Wolf 359.

Let's see...

"Dark Page" was sad, "Half a Life" was sad, and "Reunion".

Alright, I'll leave some for others now

Blast, I've got something in my eye

I always thought ..All the good things was very sad...Reunion was also sad

I thought HERO WORSHIP was sad,it was about a boy who had lost his family and he thought he was to blame so he started to copy data because he wanted to get rid of his emotions...really sad :clap:

I remember that one. It was sad. Poor kid.

Also at the end of Generations when Data is sad because he almost lost Spot. That was very sweet. He had my sympathy.

Lower Decks is the one that gets me. The Inner Light and yes, the one about Data's daughter are touching as well.

Also, I thought the episode about the Metamorph was quite sad. That look on Picards face

Oh yes......

It was a sad eqisode. Data's daughter name is spelled Lal.

Thanks. I'll correct that!

Oh yes......

Yep. Definately a great and sad episode. It is called "The Offspring", I think it is in season 3.

The two that made me cry was "The Offspring" and the end of Nemesis

another sad part of an episode was the end of "Brothers" and "Skin of Evil", these did not make me cry, yet they definately were sad.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I was nine when I saw Skin of Evil. I knew tasha died, I still cried quietly in the dark cold room of my parents. Alone.

Lower decks was sad

The one with data's daughter was sad, for all the battles he fought for himself and his daughter, for them to all result in poor Lal's death made the fight seem futile, but in reality she provided data a humanising experience

What about Family?

You know, the episode right after BOBW pt2

The scene where Picard breaks down in the vineyard telling his brother how the Borg violated him.

That's a tear jerker for sure...

Second Chances where Will meets his double, due to a transporter accident that occurred 8 years earlier. The double (who now calls himself, Tom) and Troi find they’re still in love but Deanna decides not to accompany him when Lieutenant Riker tells her he’s been posted to another starship.

sad03.gif

I did not find Family sad, but it is one of my favorite TNG episodes. I enjoyed finding out that family still played a supporting pivotal role in the lives of trek characters! The ending scene with the nephew dreaming was one of the best scenes in TNG, and really connects us to the future, because many of us spent nights staring at the stars, and dreaming.

My heart was broken when they chose to to kill off Picard's brother and nephew in Generations. That nephew whould have been allowed to grow up and follow in Picard's footsteps. That is one of the writing decisions I loathe. ( Of course Nemesis would not have had the same impact ....)

'Skin of Evil' was sad for me..Probably because I liked Tasha so much. She died for no reason really..At least she came back for 'Yesterday's Enterprise'.. <_<

I didn't find 'Family' sad at all..I liked that episode..

I usually blubber like a baby when I watch The Offspring and Dark Pages. Skin of Evil didn't bother me too much because I wasn't really a Tasha fan so I didn't miss her.

I saw The Child. It was pretty sad, but then it had a happy ending. Loosing a child, even if they have been alive for less then a week, must be very painful.

The End of Descant part II was sad because at the moment it seemed Data could never get the emotion chip working with him. Also "The Offspring" was one of the saddest episodes of all of Star Trek.