Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

Five things you didn't know about me

1. I play clarinet and sax and sing

2. I want to learn how to fly and one time wanted to be an airline pilot.

3. I drink 2 glasses of chocolate milk everyday.

4. I'm going to be a history teacher

5. I'm a youth worker at my church

It took me a while to decide what I was willing to share....

1. I hate my name. First, middle, and last.

2. I love the east coast and hope to move there some day.

3. I wish I could go back to high school and do it over. Not for the social aspect, but for the education. If given the chance, I'd do better.

4. I wish I were smart.

5. Despite the fact that he often drives me to wanting to bang my head against a brick wall, VBG is my closest friend, and I will always be grateful to him for what he's given me.

1. big nerd

2. conservative republican

3. Christian

4. terribly afraid of heights

5. loves science

6. Obsessed with Trek and the Borg

7. lives Star Trek

1. I was raised Catholic, but have been Buddhist, Wiccan, and Atheist. I have a Jewish friend who wants to Bar Mitza me. I have decided on Undecided.

2.I have a BFA in Sculpture.

3.I have a record for indecent exposure, for dancing naked on the roof of my friends apartment building.

4.I know Jack Kerouac's birthday off the top of my head (March 12, 1922)

5. You can't reduce a person to a series of statements, so #5 will always be blank.

1. I'm addicted to Mountain Dew Code Red

2. I'm living in California, although I grew up in Nebraska. I miss having 4 seasons.

3. I'm happily married, we have two cats, but no kids yet.

4. It's a constant toss up between whether I prefer ST or SW.

5. My favorite smiley is this: :blink:

Here are some more things. Why? Because I want to.

=/\= I research Romulans on the internet.

=/\= I just recently got purple contact lenses.

=/\= I did the above thing because I admire Mackenzie Calhoun (read the New Frontier series)

=/\= I might be moving to Kansas.

=/\= I am a major fan of the play Les Miserables.

1. I am a Purple Heart Recipient.. I do not wish to go into details, so do not ask, PLEASE.

Let's just say "improvised explosive device"

More....

I got a job

I'm worried about my son

I love hockey

I love Chinese Food

I chew ice

I'm addicted to Party Lite

OKie here is my top erhm 7 :lol:

1. When I was little I wanted to work at NASA.

2. I got my brother into accidents 3 times when we were little.

3. I talk to my computer.

4. Im a Orlando Bloom fan.

5. My first crush was on Wesley Crusher (ST Next Generation)

6. People always think Im a good little girl with an innocent look and atomic Kitten fan but they always look stunned when I tell them how I really am.(duh doesnt my style of clothing says enough I wonder)

7. I wanna learn how to play the elektric guitar sooo badly!

Edited by Luthien

more...

* Luthien's post made me think to put this one. My grandfather used to be an engineer for NASA and was on the design team for the Apollo 13 LEM. In his office he has all their autographs that he got when he met them after the Apollo 13 incident. He gave me one of the medallions he got for working on that, I have it in my scrapbook.

* People always think I'm younger then I am and are shocked when they find out I have 2 kids.

* My favorite camera is still my grandfather's old 1969 Minolta SRT101 that he gave me. It's in great condition and takes better pictures then most of the new SLR's. I love that camera. Heart-Beat.gif

* My mother still shakes her head when she sees my tattoos and piercing. :lol:

* I look so much like my mom we've been mistaken for sisters. If you look at a picture of her in her 20's and a picture of me you'd have a hard time telling who is who.

1 I have a Jeckyll and Hyde personality...Hyde comes out when I'm on stage with a band. I havent done a show since June of 2001....HYDE WANTS OUUUUT!!!!

2 I am very driven in bettering myself, and my future. Thats why I havent done the band thing lately.

3 I'm engaged to a great woman who puts up with me.

4 I hate my present job, and I look at that as a blessing, because it drives me to find something better.

5 I was abused as a child, but I wouldnt want to change my past because I love the person I am now. If I did that, I wouldnt be the 8247 you all know.

Ok 5 more:

1.I got my hair cut very short..lol

2.I only drink vodka on the rocks.

3.I have never had a blonde g/f....(just not my type)

4.My feelings sometimes get the better of me :wow:

5.I ROCK :wow::wow: :lol: hehe sorry just had to put that in :lol:

Well, if you're sure you want to hear this:

1. I have a beautiful 5 year old son that I adore and enjoy ... but I really don't like children.

2. I have the best husband of anyone I know ... ever. The things I take for granted, some women would kill for.

3. I love the smell of gasoline and skunks (separately, not together)

4. When I run out of things to read, I just start over on the Harry Potter books. I've read them all, including the last one, about 10 times each.

5. I wish I could have graduated from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry instead of the University of Kentucky. I believe it would have served me better.

6. I gave up working when I had my child five years ago and I'm never going back to work. I have a BA in Marketing and NO CAREER AMBITION whatsoever, and I don't really care if that sets the feminist movement back about 50 years.

7. My favorite ice cream is Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip from Graeter's in Cincinnati, Ohio. Accept no substitutes ... even Oprah agrees!

8. My husband and I both would love to join Starfleet, relocate to Deep Space Nine and serve under Benjamin Sisko. Now that career I would have ambition for.

OKEY BRACE YOURSELFS

1. I am happely Married and i have two kids :o

2. My wife is a german :drool:

3. I only have one sport, Fencing :P

4. I hate selfish people :o

5. I love raw herring with fresh cut unions :drool:

:

Edited by ILIKESEVEN

1) My fav food is KFC

2)My fav color is red

3)I'm a mensa member

4)I have another personality, i'm kinda Hulk like

5)hmmm

A few more...

I've been on a Country Music kick for many years but recently have gone back to listening to classic Rock n' Roll.. :drool: It's what I listened to as a teenager and brings back lots of memories..

I'm very happy to be the Mod of the trivia forum..I'm always watching and thinking about Star Trek anyway..Might as well ask questions about it too.. :drool:

Most of the time I'm happy to be living alone..But I do get lonely at times..Thank God for this board and all of you guys.. :o

I want to go back to Star Trek the Experience this year so badly..But, It probably won't happen until next year when I get my tax money back..

This is my favorite time of the year because I like growing things in my garden. It's therapeutic..

Wow, this thread is really interesting...

1. As of this fall, I've been a flautist for twenty years. My present flute, Ralph, has been with me for sixteen of those years, and is my most treasured possession.

2. I run a microbusiness w/my mother offering public speaking and music and starting some educational aids. It's growing monthly. If we could both make a living doing this, we'd quit our other jobs in a flash. (Now if I would ever keep the website updated on a regular basis! :drool: )

3. I write ST stories regularly (my last one was 200+ pages), but my sister is the only one who's ever read any of them.

4. I love my cat Brightspot (named for Brightspot-to-Srallansre from "Uhura's Song"), but when something finally happens to my cat Gunsmoke, I don't know how I'm going to deal with it. Bright's the house princess, but Gun's the emperor/czar, and he knows it!

5. I get along with men better than women, but I have this horrible habit of falling for my best male friends...you'd think I'd learn...

6. For the first time since I left my teaching job four years ago, I'm seriously considering getting back into education...need to update my certification first.

7. If I could make a living as a writer, I would do that, as well.

8. If I could count to five, I would have quit three facts ago - I'm an English teacher, not a math teacher! :drool:

Oki 5 things about me..

1.I have a twin sister but she looks nothing like me.

2.I get jealous very quick which is something i hate being like because i have no control over my feelings.

3.My fav type of music is R&B...but i also like most other types as well.

4.I like all films with huge grant in :wub: i dont know why but english guys are so sexy when they talk..teehee

5.I have been in love for 6 months with a guy but every time i get close it goes wrong or someone sticks there nose in and messes it up :wub:

Aw, gee.....

1. From the time I was a little girl, even before TOS, I wanted to be an astronaut! I still know a song I learned in the first grade which starts : "I want to be..be..be.. an astronaut..." maybe one time I'll post it in RC's silly song thread (is it a thread?...)

2. I was so shy in grade school I could not look a teacher in the face. I would always look at my shoes, or cast brief sideways glances at my teachers. I was brought to tears more than once by my third grade teacher who would make me look up from my book, look at her, and make me talk in class. Hmm...getting long again...defeated shyness by joining the drama club one semester in the seventh grade....long story.....

3. If I had gone to my first choice in college (my father changed his mind) I would have been an English major.

4. I really want to write published stories (not necessarily scifi or trek-based).

5. I'm slightly paranoid, but not jealous. Since I am not the jealous type, everyone around me tells me their good news. I am also not vindictive.

6. I am slow to spend or do anything with money. Once when we were still children, one of my brother's borrowed a dollar from me. He paid me back, and about three weeks later came to borrow another dollar. He looked at the bill I gave him, and declared " This is the same dollar I gave you a couple of weeks ago!" Apparently it was....I hadn't spent anything during that time. I am still kind of that way.

7. In spite of what I just said, I just purchased seasons 5 & 6 of DS9 and the ST VI: The Undiscovered Country on DVD. I used tax return money,most of which went to an extra payment on the principal of my mortgage.

8. There is virtually no one in my life that I have met or interacted with, taught or worked with, that I regard as unintelligent. That goes for people I see post on this board. ( I may still vehemnetly disagree with you, however.) I hate to see people regard themselves as unintelligent. For instance, uneducated to me is not the same as unintelligent. I have met adults with sixth grade educations who are wise, and worth listening to. I have flunked students, but not because they lacked intelligence...they did not learn the material...but they had good brains. That's how I see it.

Like LadyNarana I get along better with men than women. Most of my best friends are men. I have plenty of female friends also, but I just find men easier to talk to.

Unknowingly mjham just made my day. I only have an 8th grade education and very often feel hopelessly inadequate compared to everyone around me. :wub:

I hug everyone. Not just on the boards but in real life too. I'm always hugging people. At the Kingdom Hall sisters come up to me just to get their Mandy hug. :wub:

Someday I want to learn to play the fiddle. Yes, the fiddle. blah.gif

I sometimes worry that my moodiness is going to push my friends away. ohwell.gif

I'm five-nine, I have brown hair and eyes (that's three :wub: )

I was born in Los Angeles. (4)

One finger joint on my right hand is paralized. (5)

Hmm, what don't yall know about me? Most of you probably don't know that I am the oldest of 4 children. I have two younger brothers and a younger sister.

My mother died two weeks before I left for boot camp.

1. I love gore films, especially the stupid, taseless Troma films. :huh:

2. I took a quiz at WebMD, and found I have most of the symptoms of ADHD - no wonder I'm never bored! :blink:

3. I hate what my hometown did to "spruce up its image". It's so snobby now that I feel like a tourist when I visit. :P

4. I sometimes think it would be cool to be a vampire. :eek:

5. I still occasionally have to fight back tears when I hear the opening theme for Enterprise, even though, IMHO, the new version sucks lemons. :P

4. I sometimes think it would be cool to be a vampire. :P

5. I still occasionally have to fight back tears when I hear the opening theme for Enterprise, even though, IMHO, the new version sucks lemons. :P [/size][/color][/font]

I think it would be cool too.

I too agree with you on the ENT theme.

My name just got changed. that's something alot of you probably noticed. and you can guess why, too, so I don't need to explain, Do I?

1. i just graduated from college

2. i ride a motocycle

3. i don't like much Sci-fi(like Andromeda,Stargate)

4. I don't have a boyfreind because i am focusing on getting a career

5.I get obsessed alot..but for short period of time..Like i liked Wretiling when i was 15.I like British actors for awile.. now its this board!

1. I'm a college student.

2. I think true love never dies.

3. I work on T.V.

4. I have no debts.

5. I'm addicted to chocolate. :P